SourceBot is a bot that you install into your server. You can set it to give helpful server info, or give it a personality, from the things it says. It floats around the server greeting the players. It has feelings about each player it encounters, and remembers what it feels about each one.
ONLY TESTED IN HL2DM SO FAR
From the ReadMe:
TO INSTALL THIS, SIMPLY DRAG THE ADDONS FOLDER INTO YOUR GAME FOLDER, AND LET IT MERGE WITH THE ADDONS FOLDER ALREADY THERE.
TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR BOT, GO TO THE DATA FOLDER (addons/sourcemod/data)...
CHANGING BASIC BOT INFO::
2.Edit the name and age.
3.If you want the bot to spawn when you start the map, leave the "SpawnOnStart" value as yes, otherwise put it as no.
4.If you want the bot to spawn use a player slot, leave the "UsePlayerSlot" value as yes, otherwise put it as no.
5. Set the default speed of the bot. (1-5).
6. If you are using a game other than hl2dm, the "Model" value MUST BE CHANGED. Make sure you use the full path of the model when changing it. (models/whatever/whatever/whatever.mdl)
7. If you want the bot to float higher or lower from the ground, set its float height.
CHANGING BOT BASIC RESPONSES::
1. Open bot_responses.txt
2. Look at each section, and change some of the values on the RIGHT, if you want the bot to say different things. Experiment a little to see what gets said when.
For every new response you add, order them numerically, and don't skip a number. Don't exceed the max amount either.
3. Do not add any new sections, as these are useless. If you want to add new triggers, open bot_customresponses.txt.
ADDING CUSTOM RESPONSES::
1. Open bot_customresponses.txt
2. Follow the format, and add any new triggers and responses that you want. The trigger goes on the left, and the response goes on the right.
DO NOT EDIT BOT_MEMORY.
That's It! Have fun with your SourceBot!
sb_spawn -- spawns the bot
sb_kill -- kills the bot
sb_pause -- pauses the bot
sb_unpause -- unpauses the bot
sb_say <message> -- makes the bot say a message
sb_tele -- teleports the bot to you
sb_learn <message> -- makes the bot learn a message
sb_speed <1-5> -- sets the bot speed
sb_wipe -- wipes the bot's memory
sb_rate <slow/normal/fast> -- sets the bot's learning rate
sb_timer <seconds> -- sets how many seconds the bot waits before saying something when it's lonely.
Set up the data files like in the README.
To talk to the Sourcebot, type its name in the chat, then when it responds, type your question or statement. It's as simple as that.
To kill the Sourcebot, shoot at it with any weapon. But be careful, it won't like you much if you kill it a lot.
Version 2.5 - First release
Version 2.6 - Start/End Round control & Player Slot options
Version 2.7 - Fixed Start/End Round control & Made the plugin print errors to the errors log.