0.9b
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Forces RED to play Huntsman Sniper and BLU to play Spycrabs.
    Old 07-16-2009 , 00:44   [TF2] Crabmod
    Reply With Quote #1

A few people wanted this plugin, so I'm releasing it here, but IMO it gets pretty stale after a few rounds and it's difficult to get people playing when there's nobody on. At any rate, here's the original post on the Steam forums with the idea that spawned Crabmod.

Description
    RED starts with a few Snipers who are forced to used Huntsman with 64 arrows. If they do not have the Huntsman equipped, they may use Jarate with a modifiable regeneration time. Melee is kept at all times both to prevent civilian Snipers and for end-of-round fun. The goal for these Snipers is to eliminate all Spycrabs. Snipers are chosen based on the last time they were a Sniper; recent Snipers have less of a chance to be a Sniper.

BLU spawn as Spies with no cloak, disguising, or weapons; they are forced to crouch and look up with the PDA. A Spy in violation of these rules is prevented from moving. Their goal is to reach the end of the map. Upon dying, the player is respawned as a Sniper. Winning Spies, however, will get their weapons back (except the Sapper).

Suiciding is blocked when it is not the end of the round.

There are also a ton of sounds played throughout the game. Every kill has the achievement-like "ding", every headshot makes the Sniper say a "Good shot" line, the "last man alive" sound plays to the last remaining Spycrab, etc.

In addition, if the Snipers win and there is one who stands above the rest with an exceptional round score, he will be awarded a "Crazed Huntsman" title and will be protected from friendly fire during the end of the round.

Gameplay videos are here and here.

ConVars
    • crabmod_version (0.9b): Self-explanatory.
    • crabmod_enabled (1): Also self-explanatory.
    • crabmod_bufflastspy (1): When there is one Spy remaining, give him +120 HP.
    • crabmod_checkmapname (1): Disables Crabmod if the map does not start with "crab_".
    • crabmod_forceduck (1): Freezes Spies if they are not crouching. This can be disabled on maps that use a playerclip to force them to duck.
    • crabmod_forcelook (2): Forces Spies to look up. If they do not, "1" freezes them but "2" sets their view angle.
    • crabmod_forcelookang (35.0): If crabmod_forcelook is enabled, Spies must look above this angle.
    • crabmod_forcelooktol (5.0): If crabmod_forcelook is 2, the view angle will be set to crabmod_forcelookang + this value to prevent stuttering.
    • crabmod_friendlyfire (1): Enables mp_friendlyfire when Snipers win. (Note: They can only kill each other with the kukri.)
    • crabmod_jaratetime (8): Replenishes Jarate this many seconds after throwing it.
    • crabmod_sniperratio (5): Ratio of total players to Snipers. This is always rounded up. For example, 10 players means 2 will be Sniper; 11 means 3 will snipe.

Maps
    It probably isn't a good idea to run this on a normal map, but I have 5 maps that were designed just for Crabmod. These link to the .bsp.bz2 files.
    - crab_valley_b1 (bz2) by EnigmatiK
    - crab_goodwater (bz2) by Fux
    - crab_farm_b2 (bz2) by [AVE] Penguin
    - crab_escape_b2 (bz2) by chonks.ppz
    - crab_coast_b2 (bz2) by Up

Notes
    I'm not sure if there's anything I changed at the last minute, but it should work fine as-is on the above maps. However, the source is rather messy and I don't want to deal with cleaning it up right now, so if you have something to suggest with regards to that, I'll be happy to make any changes.

Have fun.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (Spycrab.sp - 3874 views - 28.5 KB)

Last edited by Theme97; 07-16-2009 at 20:22.
    retsam
    Veteran Member
    Old 07-16-2009 , 02:02   Re: [TF2] Crabmod
    Reply With Quote #2

lmao? ;p
    noodleboy347
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 07-16-2009 , 03:16   Re: [TF2] Crabmod
    Reply With Quote #3

The maps you posted wouldn't work, would they? Don't you have to post the original .bsp's so the server can find them?
    Sexual Harassment Panda
    Veteran Member
    Old 07-16-2009 , 03:32   Re: [TF2] Crabmod
    Reply With Quote #4

the gameserver gets the .bsp file, if you have a webserver for fast downloads, that gets .bsp.bz2. bz2 is a type of compression that exracts itself automatically when downloaded in-game.

Also, could you post fpsb links or something so we can see what type of maps we have here?
    Old 07-16-2009 , 03:38   Re: [TF2] Crabmod
    Reply With Quote #5

Unfortunately, I don't believe they are on FPSB as they were sent directly to me after they were finished, but I can unzip them and upload the BSPs tomorrow.
    retsam
    Veteran Member
    Old 07-16-2009 , 04:16   Re: [TF2] Crabmod
    Reply With Quote #6

All you have to do is unzip them....

.bz2 is basically a .zip. Unzip them and theres the bsps
    Dragonshadow
    BANNED
    Old 07-16-2009 , 08:48   Re: [TF2] Crabmod
    Reply With Quote #7

This is awesome, imo the spycrabs should have thirdperson though (have them look up but have the camera pitch modified (So the camera is still looking down at them while they are looking up) else thirdperson wouldn't make any sense

and if possible remove the onscreen pda thing (I don't think that is possible though)
    Tf2Ownage
    Old 07-16-2009 , 10:49   Re: [TF2] Crabmod
    Reply With Quote #8

this looks really funny, is anyone running this?
    Theme97
    Old 07-16-2009 , 20:27   Re: [TF2] Crabmod
    Reply With Quote #9

BSP files uploaded.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dragonshadow View Post
    This is awesome, imo the spycrabs should have thirdperson though (have them look up but have the camera pitch modified (So the camera is still looking down at them while they are looking up) else thirdperson wouldn't make any sense
    Eh, I haven't found a suitable method of forcing thirdperson with a configurable camera angle, so I'm keeping it as it is.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dragonshadow View Post
    and if possible remove the onscreen pda thing (I don't think that is possible though)
    The disguise menu is done clientside by the files in tf/resource/ui/disguise_menu. Hiding all of the HUD does not hide the menu, but if you've noticed, I've disabled the viewmodel, and since the menu is semitransparent, it isn't too much of a bother.
    Ket
    Old 07-28-2009 , 10:25   Re: [TF2] Crabmod
    Reply With Quote #10

Tried to run this at Fug's hovel of tomfoolery. Forcelook did not work and the spies could cloak and disguise. Which made it unplayable. Cloak and dagger spies could cloak all the way to the finish