A few people wanted this plugin, so I'm releasing it here, but IMO it gets pretty stale after a few rounds and it's difficult to get people playing when there's nobody on. At any rate, here's the original post on the Steam forums
with the idea that spawned Crabmod.
RED starts with a few Snipers who are forced to used Huntsman with 64 arrows. If they do not have the Huntsman equipped, they may use Jarate with a modifiable regeneration time. Melee is kept at all times both to prevent civilian Snipers and for end-of-round fun. The goal for these Snipers is to eliminate all Spycrabs. Snipers are chosen based on the last time they were a Sniper; recent Snipers have less of a chance to be a Sniper.
BLU spawn as Spies with no cloak, disguising, or weapons; they are forced to crouch and look up with the PDA. A Spy in violation of these rules is prevented from moving. Their goal is to reach the end of the map. Upon dying, the player is respawned as a Sniper. Winning Spies, however, will get their weapons back (except the Sapper).
Suiciding is blocked when it is not the end of the round.
There are also a ton of sounds played throughout the game. Every kill has the achievement-like "ding", every headshot makes the Sniper say a "Good shot" line, the "last man alive" sound plays to the last remaining Spycrab, etc.
In addition, if the Snipers win and there is one who stands above the rest with an exceptional round score, he will be awarded a "Crazed Huntsman" title and will be protected from friendly fire during the end of the round.
Gameplay videos are here
- crabmod_version (0.9b): Self-explanatory.
- crabmod_enabled (1): Also self-explanatory.
- crabmod_bufflastspy (1): When there is one Spy remaining, give him +120 HP.
- crabmod_checkmapname (1): Disables Crabmod if the map does not start with "crab_".
- crabmod_forceduck (1): Freezes Spies if they are not crouching. This can be disabled on maps that use a playerclip to force them to duck.
- crabmod_forcelook (2): Forces Spies to look up. If they do not, "1" freezes them but "2" sets their view angle.
- crabmod_forcelookang (35.0): If crabmod_forcelook is enabled, Spies must look above this angle.
- crabmod_forcelooktol (5.0): If crabmod_forcelook is 2, the view angle will be set to crabmod_forcelookang + this value to prevent stuttering.
- crabmod_friendlyfire (1): Enables mp_friendlyfire when Snipers win. (Note: They can only kill each other with the kukri.)
- crabmod_jaratetime (8): Replenishes Jarate this many seconds after throwing it.
- crabmod_sniperratio (5): Ratio of total players to Snipers. This is always rounded up. For example, 10 players means 2 will be Sniper; 11 means 3 will snipe.
It probably isn't a good idea to run this on a normal map, but I have 5 maps that were designed just for Crabmod. These link to the .bsp.bz2 files.
) by EnigmatiK
) by Fux
) by [AVE] Penguin
) by chonks.ppz
) by Up
I'm not sure if there's anything I changed at the last minute, but it should work fine as-is on the above maps. However, the source is rather messy and I don't want to deal with cleaning it up right now, so if you have something to suggest with regards to that, I'll be happy to make any changes.