If you have crawling, hunter release, smoker release, jockey dismount, or charger release enabled, this will inform players when they can use that ability, when the time is right. It uses the hint text to display the message. This also detects if the cvars have changed and disables/enables the text as needed.
If you're using L4D1, use version 1.4.
L4D2 should be using the latest version.
Features that you can enable on your server:
Smoker Pull Release: sm_cvar tongue_allow_voluntary_release 1
Survivors Crawl: sm_cvar survivor_allow_crawling 1
(L4D2 Only - Current Version - Available from plugin located here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=109715
Jockey: l4d2_jockey_dismount_on 1
Hunter: l4d2_hunter_release_on 1
Charger: l4d2_charger_release_on 1
(L4D1 Only - Version 1.4)
Hunter: sm_cvar z_lunge_release 1
- Move text to translation files.
- Fixed integration with the infected release plugin. Now it delays the loading of those cvars by 10 seconds. This way, if this plugin loads first, it will grab the cvars after the other loads.
- Support for infected release plugin, which alerts players to being able to release jockey, hunter, or charger.
- Fixed possible bug where players would get crawl notification even though crawling was turned off.
- Fixed loading issue from Hunter cvar being removed from L4D2
- Added integration with the jockey dismount plugin (see above for link)
1.4 - L4D1 Only
- Adjusted event hooking to fix a bug that has appeared. Thanks GezwiZ
- Added check in SurvivorLetGo event to fix log errors...
- Fixed a typo.
- Tank no longer gets the crawl message when he dies.
- Correctly detects when is released and is incapacitated.
- Added hunter release.
- Notify survivors that they can crawl after they have been released (or attackee was killed)
- Fixed text typo.
l4d_ability_hint_ver - Version of this plugin.