Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.6) (old)

Post New Thread Reply   

Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 05-25-2009 , 01:16   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.6)
Reply With Quote #321

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProBoomer View Post
Uhm... i have already use this settings in 1.6.1 and i have in coop 2 boomers, 2 smokers and 4 hunters max.
We are talking about versus where hunters are to many even with the cvars. This plugin dosen't even read the hunter cvar,
that's what we are trying to fix so it can support 8vs8.

Last edited by Visual77; 05-25-2009 at 01:21.
mukla67
Old 05-26-2009 , 07:40   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.6)
Reply With Quote #322

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProBoomer View Post

EDIT:

Maybe also a cvar for set the maximum of infected spawn? like

sm_infectedbots = from 1 to 8

Because in Coop i like have 4 survivor vs 8 infected bots!, but in versus maybe is better have 4 survivor vs 4 human infected and 1 extrabot (but have the chance to have also 4 extrabots) = 4 vs 4+4bots
I'm finding this also. Last night i had my 6v6 server full with 12 actual players and im running this infected bot plugin but what we was finding was at the start of a new chapter (i.e no mercy part 3 from no mercy part 2) we would have 7 survivors and 5 infected even tho i have limits to only allow 6 of each it seems to be forcing another bot on the survivor team and i dont understand how or why its doing this.

I'm posting this same message in the super versus thread as i know its one of the two plugins causing this so hopefully someone can help
mi123645
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2009 , 00:16   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.6)
Reply With Quote #323

Alright, I know this was long awaited, but your patience is rewarded!

Version 1.7.0 Changelog

* - Fixed sb_all_bot_team 1 is now set at all times until there are no players in the server.
* - Survival/Coop now have playable Special Infected spawns.
* - l4d_infectedbots_enabled_on_coop cvar created for those who want control over the plugin during coop/survival maps.
* - Able to spectate AI Special Infected in Coop/Survival.
* - Better AI (Smoker and Boomer don't sit there for a second and then attack a survivor when its within range).
* - Set the number of VS team changes to 99 if its survival or coop
* - Safe Room timer added to coop/survival
* - l4d_versus_hunter_limit added to control the amount of hunters in versus
* - l4d_infectedbots_max_player_zombies added to increase the max special infected on the map (Bots and players)
* - Autoexec (automatically creates a config for you in left4dead/cfg/sourcemod) created for the plugin

This is my first time messing with sourcemod code. There are some tag mismatch errors, but I haven't been able to fix them.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4dvsinfectedbots.sp - 392 views - 36.3 KB)

Last edited by mi123645; 05-28-2009 at 15:23.
mukla67
Old 05-28-2009 , 08:06   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.6)
Reply With Quote #324

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi123645 View Post
Alright, I know this was long awaited, but your patience is rewarded!

Version 1.7.0 Changelog

* - Fixed sb_all_bot_team 1 is now set at all times until there are no players in the server.
* - Survival/Coop now have playable Special Infected spawns.
* - l4d_infectedbots_enabled_on_coop cvar created for those who want control over the plugin during coop/survival maps.
* - Able to spectate AI Special Infected in Coop/Survival.
* - Better AI (Smoker and Boomer don't sit there for a second and then attack a survivor when its within range).
* - Set the number of VS team changes to 99 if its survival or coop
* - Safe Room timer added to coop/survival
* - l4d_versus_hunter_limit added to control the amount of hunters in versus
* - l4d_infectedbots_max_player_zombies added to increase the max special infected on the map (Bots and players)
* - Autoexec created for the plugin

This is my first time messing with sourcemod code. There are some tag mismatch errors, but I haven't been able to fix them.
This is great work mate the bots are a hell of alot smarter but i've found a few problems:

1. It never spawns more than 4 infected bots and im using this plugin for my 6v6 server so i need 6 infected bots enabled. I've tried using the l4d_infectedbots_max_player_zombies command in my server cfg and i've set it to 6 but no more than 3 bots spwan if im an infected or 4 bots when im survivor

2. no matter what i cannot get the damn infected bot HUD off the screen i've tried the original command from the Original plugin creator but that command isn't working

If you can fix these 2 problems or tell me if im missing something this slight change to the original plugin is perfect for super versus servers mate nice job (i just hope you had djromero's permission to edit and post it)
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2009 , 10:36   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.6)
Reply With Quote #325

@mukla67

You probably haven't set the correct values in the plugins cfg, located at left4dead/cfg/sourcemod/

The HUD disable command is in there, too

@mi123645

Great work, had a blast on my 8on8 server today. Only problem is getting 16 Players, which is next to impossible
mukla67
Old 05-28-2009 , 11:27   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.6)
Reply With Quote #326

My god thanks mate i did actually try finding the cfg file but it wasn't anywhere then i read your post check the directory and its there how bizarre

-Edit- Thanks again AtomicStryker its all woring perfectly now bots are sooo much smarter and now i can enable 6 of em so

thanks mi123645 for your work on this plugin and thanks AtomicStryker for the added info that i needed

Last edited by mukla67; 05-28-2009 at 12:05.
mi123645
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2009 , 15:16   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.6)
Reply With Quote #327

Yeah the code for the autoconfig was there, but I didn't include it in the changelog so now it's been updated.

Although as I read through this topic again, I found an interesting post of mine....

Quote:
Job well done djromero! You never cease to amaze me

The only thing left now is to get those survivor bots to press the elevator button, or some of the other those buttons that trigger the horde events.

I tried decreasing and increasing the sb_use_button_range command, but they still won't press that blasted button. I would guess that this for another thread however.
I might work on this...unless another plugin already managed to do it.

Last edited by mi123645; 05-28-2009 at 15:22.
mukla67
Old 05-28-2009 , 16:16   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.6)
Reply With Quote #328

a bug i found whilst playin a few games earlier mate is that sometimes the hunters just run around in circles (quite funny but annoyin) and most the time a couple of the bots freeze and do nothing and end up half way bat the back of the map so i have to slay them also sometimes there's an instant respawn on the bots and if theres a couple of actual players on infected they will die and instantly respawn
mi123645
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2009 , 16:31   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.6)
Reply With Quote #329

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukla67 View Post
a bug i found whilst playin a few games earlier mate is that sometimes the hunters just run around in circles (quite funny but annoyin) and most the time a couple of the bots freeze and do nothing and end up half way bat the back of the map so i have to slay them also sometimes there's an instant respawn on the bots and if theres a couple of actual players on infected they will die and instantly respawn
The hunter problem is actually an in-game hardcoded AI problem, due to the fact that the hunter has lost his ability leap (AI hunters use this in campaign when shot). They will eventually correct themselves.

When infected bots get too far from the survivors in versus, they are moved ahead of them by the director. Don't bother slaying them.

An instant respawn on the bots? And players will die and instantly respawn? The bots would be the plugins problem, but the human players dying and instantly respawning? Are you sure about this?

Last edited by mi123645; 05-28-2009 at 16:34.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2009 , 16:53   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.6)
Reply With Quote #330

Quote:
Yeah the code for the autoconfig was there, but I didn't include it in the changelog so now it's been updated.

Although as I read through this topic again, I found an interesting post of mine....

I might work on this...unless another plugin already managed to do it.

This is an ingame AI problem. On some events, like the Dead Air Crane, it works just fine (the bots are supposed to trigger it themselves), but on others, like the Dead Air Barricade, they just circle around.