This plugin will take other players chat and translate it according to the language the player has set in their amx_langmenu.
- There are 12 players speaking English (and have English set in amx_langmenu).
- There are 5 players speaking German (and have German set in amx_langmenu).
- There are 2 players speaking Spanish (and have Spanish set in amx_langmenu).
- The players in English will now see the German's/Spanish's chat in English.
- The players in German will now see the English's/Spanish's chat in German.
- The players in Spanish will now see the English's/German's chat in Spanish.
How it works:
- Before sending the chat message to each player it will first send it to Google's Translation page (http://translate.google.com/translate_t
- It will now retrieve the translated text and send it on to the selected player.
- If the sending and receiveing player are using the same language it won't use the translator.
- Only the languages supported in amx_langmenu are supported in this plugin.
- 2 languages in amx_langmenu are also not available on Google (Macedonian and l33t).
- Google Translations are not perfect. There will be errors sometimes of course.
- The HL1 engine cannot display some translated characters (that char will be left out of word).
- Sets the domain in which to use on Google for the translation.
- You will want to set this to the domain closest to your server (make sure it exists first!).
- Example: United States will use .com (Default), United Kingdom will use .co.uk
- Here you must set the mod name abbreviation you are using (Default: cs).
- Names to choose from: CS, TFC.
- This cvar allows you to enter the URL to the ChatTranslation.php file.
- The closer the URL is to your game server the better.
- If you set this cvar it will use the ChatTranslation.php file before/after translating.
- The ChatTranslation.php file is good to use so it can fix non-english characters.
- You can host the ChatTranslation.php yourself, it's contained in the zip file.
+ChatTranslation.php completed languages+
If language is not listed the non-english characters won't work.
Translators please see this thread.
- More to come.
- Team Fortress Classic
Version 1.0 ( 05-03-2009 )
-- Initial release.
Version 1.1 ( 05-03-2009 )
-- Added support for Team Fortress Classic.
-- Added the sv_langmod cvar for mod support.
Version 1.2 ( 05-06-2009 )
-- Fixed quotes cutting off the sentence.
-- The amx_langmenu will pop-up if client doesn't have a language set.
Version 1.3 ( 05-08-2009 )
-- Fixed some text display when a client doesn't select a language.
-- Fixed names displaying incorrectly in TFC if name used certain chars.
Version 2.0 ( 05-09-2009 )
-- Fixed the menu from displaying before player fully spawned.
-- Removed Serbian from the translations as it doesn't work well.
-- Added the sv_translatefile cvar, see the cvar section to see how it works.