Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D] HideHUDOnVomit (Blind Luck)

Post New Thread Reply   

bug
Old 04-04-2009 , 14:40   Re: [L4D] HideHUDOnVomit (Blind Luck)
Reply With Quote #51

Could it change the kac_enable cvar when it enable or disable cheats? Also, it would be great if the sv_cheats message could be bypassed because that is the biggest showstopper for me but the idea of this plugin is still very nice! Thanks!
grandwazir
Old 04-05-2009 , 16:47   Re: [L4D] HideHUDOnVomit (Blind Luck)
Reply With Quote #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug View Post
Could it change the kac_enable cvar when it enable or disable cheats? Also, it would be great if the sv_cheats message could be bypassed because that is the biggest showstopper for me but the idea of this plugin is still very nice! Thanks!
I would rather not. I'm much more in favour of the explanation text instead. I'm looking to add that together with some other features this week.
Old 04-19-2009 , 13:42   Re: [L4D] HideHUDOnVomit (Blind Luck)
Reply With Quote #53

I have another request that could be added to this addon and could be enabled or disabled via cvar.

Once a boomer vomits, it activates a horde to come in and and eat the survivors for a certain number of seconds, correct? If the boomer stays alive and decides to attack while the horde is still eating the survivors and attacking them and they are still purple. and they decide to shoot the boomer and everyone gets vomited again. Is there a way to reset the timer to reactivate the horde timer and allow a new horde to arrive in result of the punishment of shooting the boomer and getting boomed again.

I hope this makes sense. If it doesn't i can go into further detail
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-20-2009 , 03:27   Re: [L4D] HideHUDOnVomit (Blind Luck)
Reply With Quote #54

It makes sense to me, but I doubt that the event that this plugin uses would get re-triggered, because they are already under the effects of it, I can't say I've ever noticed more of a horde when I've been biled on while already under the effects of the bile.
Veteran Member
Old 06-13-2009 , 10:08   Re: [L4D] HideHUDOnVomit (Blind Luck)
Reply With Quote #55

So do you have any progress with cheats flag for hide_hud variable?
doku
Old 06-24-2009 , 20:57   Re: [L4D] HideHUDOnVomit (Blind Luck)
Reply With Quote #56

I use the following code to permenantly hide the crosshair / floating names ect, without using cheats... maybe you can modify this to your needs... Change the value to 64 to keep the crosshair. Hope this helps. Peace.

PHP Code:
public OnGameFrame()
{
    for (new 
1<= GetMaxClients(); i++)
    {
        if (
IsClientConnected(i) && IsClientInGame(i) && (!IsFakeClient(i)))
        {

SetEntProp(iProp_Send"m_iHideHUD"65)
        }
    }

grandwazir
Old 06-30-2009 , 18:42   Re: [L4D] HideHUDOnVomit (Blind Luck)
Reply With Quote #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by doku View Post
I use the following code to permenantly hide the crosshair / floating names ect, without using cheats... maybe you can modify this to your needs... Change the value to 64 to keep the crosshair. Hope this helps. Peace.

PHP Code:
public OnGameFrame()
{
    for (new 
1<= GetMaxClients(); i++)
    {
        if (
IsClientConnected(i) && IsClientInGame(i) && (!IsFakeClient(i)))
        {

SetEntProp(iProp_Send"m_iHideHUD"65)
        }
    }

That is a fantastic work around! I never thought of using SetEntProp to get around sv_cheats. I'll implement this into the mod this week.
Old 06-30-2009 , 18:44   Re: [L4D] HideHUDOnVomit (Blind Luck)
Reply With Quote #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR Khat View Post
It makes sense to me, but I doubt that the event that this plugin uses would get re-triggered, because they are already under the effects of it, I can't say I've ever noticed more of a horde when I've been biled on while already under the effects of the bile.
Your correct here. If you are vomitted on again while you are already covered the event does not trigger and it has no effect.
Old 06-30-2009 , 19:13   Re: [L4D] HideHUDOnVomit (Blind Luck)
Reply With Quote #59

Thats good to hear. Good luck with development.
olj
Veteran Member
Old 07-03-2009 , 19:55   Re: [L4D] HideHUDOnVomit (Blind Luck)
Reply With Quote #60

Well, since i couldnt wait to test this i finally decided to try it myself. I put part of Doku's code into your's, removed part with setting client's sv_cheats and compiled it. Tested this with bots, and its working perfectly. I will test it with ppl tomorrow. Heres changed source code. If someone wants to test it just compile it. Im not a coder, just pasted some some code into another. I'm thinking about interaction of this plugin with survivor upgrades plugin (particularly with coat and googles upgrades). Is there a way to get list of upgrades survivor has, and if they have googles dont hide the HUD?
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (blindluck.sp - 826 views - 3.7 KB)