Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D] Extra players

Post New Thread Reply   

DevilsReject
Old 01-18-2009 , 14:07   Re: [L4D] Extra players
Reply With Quote #11

can we build upon this mod? make it so real people can take over the bots?
i am very interested in this and having real people take over the bots.
djromero
Old 01-28-2009 , 01:19   Re: [L4D] Extra players
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject View Post
can we build upon this mod? make it so real people can take over the bots?
i am very interested in this and having real people take over the bots.
Game is restricted to 8 real players on vs and 4 on coop. A lot of us have tried to bypass this check, but it seems to be hardcoded inside the game.

hmagnan
Old 02-17-2009 , 14:31   Re: [L4D] Extra players
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by djromero View Post
Game is restricted to 8 real players on vs and 4 on coop. A lot of us have tried to bypass this check, but it seems to be hardcoded inside the game.
There is a guy named HeXcrimson in the steam forums that claims to be able to change the restrictions on max players and enable spectator slots. He doesn't want to release the information for some reason but here is the post:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...ight=spectator

To quote HeXcrimson: "I found function names in the engine.so, and translated them into memory signatures in the engine.dll, and then detoured them and overrode the return values.

canorous2x: Actually testing today was the most ive played l4d since it came out. Only bug I saw that was when you voted to return to lobby, it had a spasm and crashed. Only solution I can think of is just disabling the return to lobby vote. That would take care of the only known bug."

This might give someone ideas but i have a feeling this won't go with VAC.
CrimsonGT
Veteran Member
Old 02-17-2009 , 15:03   Re: [L4D] Extra players
Reply With Quote #14

That would be me...

Reason I made that post is slot altering plugins and what not have pretty much ruined the game that I loved (tf2) so I thought I would ask the players what they thought.

I planned on releasing it when it is working properly, but it is not exactly easy to test as I dont freely have 8+ people hanging around. When I am sure its not going to be filled with bugs, I will be releasing it.

Not sure what the hell your talking about with VAC. VAC monitors clientside external applications running and modifying the game. This is a serverside change and would have no influence on or by VAC.
Old 02-18-2009 , 11:41   Re: [L4D] Extra players
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonGT View Post
Not sure what the hell your talking about with VAC. VAC monitors clientside external applications running and modifying the game. This is a serverside change and would have no influence on or by VAC.
I was under the impression that VAC wouldn't activate on a server where the core files were modified and that you needed to do that. I was most likely wrong and it's a good thing.

Anyway, we just can't wait to see what you have done. I really want spectator slots on my servers!

Last edited by hmagnan; 02-18-2009 at 11:47.
Dark-Reaper
Old 02-20-2009 , 17:55   Re: [L4D] Extra players
Reply With Quote #16

Hello there, I'm glad to announce something important.

It was a bug due to the spectator plugin and the infected bots plugin, I don't know why, I totally don't know, but we are 9 on the server, with 2 francis.

The most important is that the 5th player was a human and we were able to see him in our HUD, I know this bug was already posted near the " demo time " but the time of 8 VS 8 is near with you guys ! Nice plugins creator.
Corosus
Old 03-31-2009 , 03:11   Re: [L4D] Extra players
Reply With Quote #17

Hey guys, just to let you know it's possible to add more special infected bots with the built in commands, the following seems to cause a wave of 4 or so of the same infected at a time then immediately another 4 of the same, doesnt quite vary it up as much as i thought, might act differently with newer version of the game:

z_minion_limit 30
z_exploding_limit 9
z_gas_limit 9
z_hunter_limit 9
z_special_spawn_interval 15
sNeeP
Old 04-15-2009 , 13:06   Re: [L4D] Extra players
Reply With Quote #18

Removed

Last edited by sNeeP; 07-12-2012 at 10:01.
PGuapo
Old 04-25-2009 , 07:27   Re: [L4D] Extra players
Reply With Quote #19

uhhm...
excuse me guys but how do I install this?
Airalien
Old 05-16-2009 , 13:15   Re: [L4D] Extra players
Reply With Quote #20

Hi, I recently downloaded your plugin and decided to try it on my server. However, in the server, after trying the sm_l4dbot command, the bot joins the game (I am not real has joined the game). After they spawn and say hello, they suddenly disappear. In the console, I see this:

L 05/17/2009 - 01:09:12: [SM] Native "KickClient" reported: Client 5 is not connected
L 05/17/2009 - 01:09:12: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "l4dhax.smx":
L 05/17/2009 - 01:09:12: [SM] [0] Line 33, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/7/2/35863.attach::kickbot()

I'm kinda new to this Sourcemod stuff, so i apologise for any mistakes that are simple to solve.