Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Player Configs (Manager) - With top world players configs

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:   General Purpose        Approver:   Hawk552 (427)
joaquimandrade
Veteran Member
Old 02-13-2009 , 18:12   Player Configs (Manager) - With top world players configs
Reply With Quote #1

Player Configs

(make your users able to load the configs from spawn,forest in seconds)
description
This plugin makes your users able to:

Save their configs. Make them public and to be autoloaded.
Load their configs.
Load configs from other players that save their configs as public.
Load top world player configs.

I'm not a great gamer so i don't bother very much with the configs but i'm a server owner and this plugin is a great sucess on it. There are some suckers that even go to my server and got to spectator just to use this. They love to test the configs from SpawN, forest, walle. You know.

It ships with 3 top player configs:
forest,potti,spawn

To add more put config files in "configs\topPlayersConfigs"
The config file name must have the extension ".cfg". It's name will be used as the top player name. So if you want to add the config from the player "Ave", put in there a file named Ave.cfg
cvars
playerconfs_enabled - 0|1 (plugin enabled/disabled)

/* CHAT MESSAGES */
playerconfs_msg_save (Announcing that a player has saved his configs)
playerconfs_msg_load
(Announcing that a player has loaded his configs)
playerconfs_msg_loadother (Announcing that a player has load configs from other server's player)
playerconfs_msg_loadtop (Announcing that a player has load configs from a top player)
commands
playerconfigs
playerconfs
say playerconfigs
say playerconfs

The commands do the same. They open a menu where you can manage the configs. Admins will have an extra entry to manage the top player configs.
modules
hamsandwich
sqlite
screenshots
Main Menu
Saving Config - Selection Options
Selecting a Top Player to load the config of
After loading a Top Player Config

notes
If you're wondering what "config" means: the collection of your user defined setting. The crosshair, the sensitivy, the sound, etc.
extra
Thanks bomnacama for giving my the idea for this plugin and for having forced me to post it with colours and identation.

changelog
version 1.1:
I was wrongly using RegisterHamFromEntity. I thought that it should be used to register forwards for singular entities.
to do
Multi-language support.
Use enableHam and disableHam to improve the plugin performance when there aren't configs to be autoloaded.

Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (playerConfigs.sma - 2594 views - 31.3 KB)
File Type: zip playerConfigs.zip (20.0 KB, 1275 views)

Last edited by joaquimandrade; 03-06-2009 at 13:26.
DarkGod
SourceMod DarkCrab
Old 02-13-2009 , 18:18   Re: Player Configs (Manager) - With top world players configs
Reply With Quote #2

This looks pretty friggin sweet.

+k
Old 02-13-2009 , 18:19   Re: Player Configs (Manager) - With top world players configs
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGod View Post
This looks pretty friggin sweet.

+k
and youre right

Please FEED MY HAMSTERS by giving me +karma
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 02-13-2009 , 18:22   Re: Player Configs (Manager) - With top world players configs
Reply With Quote #4

Use ML instead. You do not check for cvars that are aliases, that can potentially screw you up.

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
joaquimandrade
Veteran Member
Old 02-13-2009 , 18:25   Re: Player Configs (Manager) - With top world players configs
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
Use ML instead. You do not check for cvars that are aliases, that can potentially screw you up.
if(strcmp(word,"exec") & strcmp(word,"bind") & strcmp(word,"setinfo") & strcmp(word,"//") & strcmp(word,"alias") )

Yamikatou, about the ML, i will do it. I've remade this plugin today and wanted to post it in order that everyone can test it.
YamiKaitou
Old 02-13-2009 , 18:29   Re: Player Configs (Manager) - With top world players configs
Reply With Quote #6

cl_minmodels 1; alias cl_minmodels ""

Now, if you query that cvar, you will get a invalid response, or something of the sort. You will not get the value of the cvar. You should add a check for that to avoid potential screw ups.

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
joaquimandrade
Veteran Member
Old 02-13-2009 , 18:33   Re: Player Configs (Manager) - With top world players configs
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
cl_minmodels 1; alias cl_minmodels ""

Now, if you query that cvar, you will get a invalid response, or something of the sort. You will not get the value of the cvar. You should add a check for that to avoid potential screw ups.
You mean if a user overwrite a cvar with an alias?
YamiKaitou
Old 02-13-2009 , 18:35   Re: Player Configs (Manager) - With top world players configs
Reply With Quote #8

Yes.

joaquimandrade
Veteran Member
Old 02-13-2009 , 18:39   Re: Player Configs (Manager) - With top world players configs
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Yes.
I guess that, if that happens, query_client_cvar will fail but only for that cvar. I don't think that i can/need to do something about it. That is an abnormal situation, and i don't really know why anyone should want to that.
YamiKaitou
Old 02-13-2009 , 18:41   Re: Player Configs (Manager) - With top world players configs
Reply With Quote #10

I believe it still returns something. You should test it and see what it returns, I'm not in a position to where I can test it, so I can't say. I do it for several of my settings to avoid having them changed without my permission.