This plugin is only intended for plugin developers or people who want to get a better understanding of the inner workings of the game. The plugin contains a big list of names of known events. The plugin will attempt to hook every single one of these and report which can be hooked (screenshot
) and which can't. It also notifies you every time any hooked event is fired (screenshot
This plugin is not ment to be "always on" on public gameservers. Most users of this plugin will either only use it on a local testserver, or uninstall it once they have the information they need.
This plugin should work on any mod that supports sourcemod.
Commands and CVars:
- eventdetect_version - Shows the version of this plugin.
- eventdetect_showall - Shows a list of all the events we attempted to hook, and wether or not this succeeded (screenshot).
- eventdetect_show - Same as above, but will only display events that are succesfully hooked.
- Copy eventdetection.smx to the Sourcemod plugins directory (default: <gamedir>/addons/sourcemod/plugins/)
- Change the map on your server (or restart the server) to force the plugin to load.
Just type eventdetect_showall
in your client's console (You need to have generic admin access, eg: the "b" flag.).
Should you want to extend this plugin by adding more eventnames, download the sourcecode (.sp file) below, and add your events to the big array. Don't forget to adjust the EVENT_MAXCOUNT constant to reflect the amount of events present.
What's included ?
I've included all the event names, for all mods which i could scrape together from the Sourcemod wiki
. I've eliminated dups, which brought it down to a total of 274 unique events. Check the sourcecode for the full list.
- Version 1.0 (initial release)
- Initial version
- Tested in Team Fortress 2