Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

amx_gag glitch **NEED HELP**

Post New Thread Reply   

Bic*
Old 11-19-2008 , 15:44   amx_gag glitch **NEED HELP**
Reply With Quote #1

I have downloaded and installed amx_super to my server successfully. I got it from new amx_super website. I was not able to register on the official website, so I am posting this message here.

Here is the problem:
When admins use amx_gag command, it works really weird. After a gagged player leaves the server, next person that connects to the server gets the name changed to the gagged player’s name and gets gagged. For example: 1. Admin uses amx_gag “Killa”; 2. Killa is really pissed and leaves the server; 3. BigDog is connected; 4. BigDog gets his name automatically changed to Killa and gets gagged. Even if new Killa will try to change his name back to BigDog, it won’t work. I even tried to use amx_nick Killa “BigDog” – it still doesn’t work! Until an admin amx_ungag Killa, no one will be able to change his name. And even after that, new Killa will have to reconnect to get his name changed back to BigDog. Moreover, this glitch even changes the names of immune admins if they connect right after a gagged player left the server.

I am sorry if this question is too stupid or was already answered. I am new to alliedmodders as well as I am new to running CS servers. I am also not American, so please excuse my bad English. Please help me to solve this problem, because amx_gag is used by my admins frequently as I do not allow bans without a good reason.

Last edited by Bic*; 11-19-2008 at 19:27.
danielkza
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 11-22-2008 , 12:27   Re: amx_gag glitch **NEED HELP**
Reply With Quote #2

Gag was completely redone for 4.2, which will be up for beta testing soon. All these issues should be fixed on the final version.

Community / No support through PM

Last edited by danielkza; 11-22-2008 at 12:34. Reason: typo
Bic*
Old 11-22-2008 , 18:00   Re: amx_gag glitch **NEED HELP**
Reply With Quote #3

Thank you, I will wait...
But... How do other servers avoid having gag glitch? I know few servers that have amx_super installed and gag works perfect there.

bmann_420
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 11-22-2008 , 18:06   Re: amx_gag glitch **NEED HELP**
Reply With Quote #4

I know, thats teh weird thing about it. Its always worked fine for me. The only other way is to get EKS's gag, and install it and add amx_gag.amxx above amx_super.amxx in the plugins list. And it will read his first, instead of using the on in amx_super
Old 12-03-2008 , 16:44   Re: amx_gag glitch **NEED HELP**
Reply With Quote #5

Oh! That's a cool idea! I actually tried that already... But I didn't type amx_gag.amxx obove amx_super.amxx... I put it at the end! lol I am probably the dumbest user of amxmodx! lol
I am going to try what you said!

P.S.: Can't wait to get amx_super 4.2

Bic*
Old 01-06-2009 , 18:27   Re: amx_gag glitch **NEED HELP**
Reply With Quote #6

Guys please help me... Gag is a vital tool for my admins, because I do not allow banning for disrespecting admins on my server. I need at least some kind of solution! I tried adding another gag plugin and writing in above amx_super in plugin.ini and it didnt give desirable results(some times it did weird things).

Apparently the problem has something to do with name change or the block of the name changing... Because if you gagged someone and he left the server, the next person who connects gets his/her name changed to the nameof the person who left... and noone can change that persons name back untill the admin ungags the original name. Thst pisses many ppl off... and they start hating my server.. I am desperate to get a solution please help.

bmann_420
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 01-06-2009 , 19:16   Re: amx_gag glitch **NEED HELP**
Reply With Quote #7

It works for me, and not "some other Gag" it HAS to be EKS's Gag plugin
Old 01-07-2009 , 14:24   Re: amx_gag glitch **NEED HELP**
Reply With Quote #8

You don't register on the main website, you register on the forums.