This plugin adds the country flag in his/her nickname and announces the player country when he/she connects to the server. This is NOT a country filter plugin.
Chat message : nickname from USA joined the game
nickname becomes [US]nickname in the scoreboard
if the country is unknown, [--]nickname
Known bugs :
- Sourcemod 1.1 (function SetClientInfo only available since 1.1)
- GeoIP (included in Sourcemod)
Flag is not set back when players changes his/her nickname ingame (need help on this one, I get infinite loop : hooked player_changename, when player changes name, player_changename is fired, I add the flag into the new nick and set the new nick, player_changename is fired again, etc.)
The plugin does not use the translation layer of soucemod. It's only two phrases so ... edit and recompile source.
Does not work on Windows servers (see bug 3569 : https://bugs.alliedmods.net/show_bug.cgi?id=3569 ); plugin development halted until this bug is fixed.
- Sometime you can see the player changing his name twice ([UK]oldname => newname => [UK]newname).
- According to some people in this thread, this plugin does not work on Windows servers. Awaiting infos...
- 1.0 - Initial release
- Fixed ingame change name (thx Antithasys)
- Added translation support
- unknown country => "[--]nickname" instead of "nickname"
- Fixed warning 219 at compile time
- Ability to custom format the nickname
- Cvar to disable announcer
. The archive translations.zip contains pl and de languages at the moment.
I couldn't found a plugin that adds the flag to the nickname so I made it. It was done for my L4D server but It should
work on any other game.
I advice you to update from time to time your GEOIP database to keep the current country <=> IP up to date. The database can be downloaded here http://geolite.maxmind.com/download/...y/GeoIP.dat.gz