Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Admin authentication help please

Post New Thread Reply   

Earl_CG
Old 11-30-2008 , 08:55   Admin authentication help please
Reply With Quote #1

Hi folks. L4D is my first experience of server ownership and so I'm new to running SourceMod as well.

I believe I have installed everything (MetaMod 1.7.0 and SourceMod 1.2.0-hg2437, both Linux) correctly and my admins.cfg reads as follows:

Code:
Admins
{
    "Earl_CG"
    {
        "auth"        "steam"
        "identity"    "STEAM_1:1:4893192"
          "flags"        "z"
        "immunity"    "99"

}
}
However, if I enter sm_admin on my server I get:

Code:
] sm_admin
[SM] You do not have access to this command.
Any suggestions as to what I could be getting wrong? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Last edited by Earl_CG; 11-30-2008 at 08:57.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 11-30-2008 , 14:07   Re: Admin authentication help please
Reply With Quote #2

Check the logs folder in SM, you probably have a parsing error. Flags should be lined up with the others and there shouldnt be an spaces after immunity.

pRED*
Old 11-30-2008 , 16:43   Re: Admin authentication help please
Reply With Quote #3

Indentation won't make any difference.

Checking your logs is a good idea.
You can also use sm_dump_admcache (i think) to dump the current admin cache to file.
recon0
Veteran Member
Old 11-30-2008 , 18:13   Re: Admin authentication help please
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl_CG View Post
Hi folks. L4D is my first experience of server ownership and so I'm new to running SourceMod as well.

I believe I have installed everything (MetaMod 1.7.0 and SourceMod 1.2.0-hg2437, both Linux) correctly and my admins.cfg reads as follows:

Code:
Admins
{
    "Earl_CG"
    {
        "auth"        "steam"
        "identity"    "STEAM_1:1:4893192"
          "flags"        "z"
        "immunity"    "99"

}
}
However, if I enter sm_admin on my server I get:

Code:
] sm_admin
[SM] You do not have access to this command.
Any suggestions as to what I could be getting wrong? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Did you try restarting the server or running sm_reloadadmins?

If you want to be sure, you can use this to make your admin config files. Then we can be sure it's not a syntax / parse error.
Old 12-01-2008 , 16:02   Re: Admin authentication help please
Reply With Quote #5

Got it working using admin_simple in the end (which I had tried before using the main admin.cfg). Thanks for your help though

I had repeatedly restarted the server and had also discovered KVManager myself but wasn't able to resolve the issue. As long as it's working I won't question it any further however.

Without wishing to try your patience, I'd also be grateful though if you folks could kindly answer two other questions:

1) I wish to use the following Reserved slot commands:

Code:
sm_reserve_type 1
sm_reserve_slots 1
sm_reserve_kicktype 0
It's not clear to me where I need to enter these commands - I've tried in console without success and am unsure in which .cfg they'd belong.

2) I've also obtained the HSLW 1.3.0 & the "Sourcemod for HLSW 1.1" plugin. I can successfully connect to the server by r_con but what is the best method to then log in to Sourcemod?

In theory I only really need one of these options but answers to both would be of interest for any possible use in the future
recon0
Veteran Member
Old 12-01-2008 , 23:48   Re: Admin authentication help please
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Got it working using admin_simple in the end (which I had tried before using the main admin.cfg). Thanks for your help though

I had repeatedly restarted the server and had also discovered KVManager myself but wasn't able to resolve the issue. As long as it's working I won't question it any further however.

Without wishing to try your patience, I'd also be grateful though if you folks could kindly answer two other questions:

1) I wish to use the following Reserved slot commands:

Code:
sm_reserve_type 1
sm_reserve_slots 1
sm_reserve_kicktype 0
It's not clear to me where I need to enter these commands - I've tried in console without success and am unsure in which .cfg they'd belong.

2) I've also obtained the HSLW 1.3.0 & the "Sourcemod for HLSW 1.1" plugin. I can successfully connect to the server by r_con but what is the best method to then log in to Sourcemod?

In theory I only really need one of these options but answers to both would be of interest for any possible use in the future
#1:

Look in modfolder/addons/cfg/sourcemod/sourcemod.cfg.

You'll find a section on reserved slots there. Make any changes you need and save the file.

#2:

You don't really have to "login" to SourceMod when using it from the server console. SM assumes that anyone with access to the server console should be able to do anything they want.
Old 12-02-2008 , 14:21   Re: Admin authentication help please
Reply With Quote #7

Really? Most of the options in the Sourcemod menu which the "Sourcemod for HLSW 1.1" plug in adds appears grey.
recon0
Veteran Member
Old 12-02-2008 , 18:26   Re: Admin authentication help please
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Really? Most of the options in the Sourcemod menu which the "Sourcemod for HLSW 1.1" plug in adds appears grey.
You might have to select a player in the player list.
Old 12-03-2008 , 14:35   Re: Admin authentication help please
Reply With Quote #9

I am refering to when I have right clicked on a player - the "Player" and "Fun" commands are grey while I can only cancel a vote or reload the admin scripts.
recon0
Veteran Member
Old 12-03-2008 , 20:04   Re: Admin authentication help please
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
I am refering to when I have right clicked on a player - the "Player" and "Fun" commands are grey while I can only cancel a vote or reload the admin scripts.
That's an issue with the HLSW plugin. Just use console commands instead.

This might have something to do with the way the plugin detects if a server has SM on it or not. Maybe it won't recognize 1.2 yet.