1.0.3d
Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    1.6 port of GHW_Chronic's plugin that allows players to hook, grab, and rope
    Unapprover:
    Reason for Unapproving:
    Plugin contains a backdoor to bypass admin restriction.
    Old 11-17-2008 , 05:36   Re: HGR:Source (Hook + Grab + Rope) [V1.0.3d] [Video!]
    Reply With Quote #1

Quote:
    Originally Posted by vbSteve View Post
    I have an additional suggestion for this plugin...

Today I was playing Half-Life 1 Oz Deathmatch, which brings back good memories from years ago. The Oz DM hook was just super. Your hook is almost the same, except for 2 things...

For now, I'll keep waiting for an update. People often call me a cheater when I'm using the hook on my server (even when my hook is available for all players). I hope these 2 additional features will shut them up
    I come from Quake hook mod, and then Oz/XDM, and being a "hook monkey", I understand your issues.
    Damn, makes me seem old - Quake World was great though, HEHE.

My experience tells me that most players will say "cheater" because they know it upsets players, not because they believe it is a cheat.

What I have done on my server -
    The HTML capable source server rules! You can set it up so that if "hook" is typed in chat, it will open up a webpage ;).
    I made a page on my website, explaining how to enable the console & then bind the hook. Then I have "mystats" to take them to their personal stats on the site.
    This has helped to shut many players up.

There is a sourcemod plugin for this (webshortcuts), but I am using mani's mod. It has the redirect to URL built in. To be honest, I cannot decide whether to go sourcemod only, or keep running both.

As far as the "real time" delay on the hook, that would be awesome. But I am clueless on how difficult these things are to make...
    Truth is though, without delay, it makes things very interesting. Literaly makes the game more "extreme".

Anyway, simply wanted to reply to the "cheater" issue.
    [hr]
    Here is a video we have on our homepage of this plugin in action :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht-3zlN-6t8

Last edited by stoneyblue; 11-17-2008 at 06:01.
    vbSteve
    Old 12-09-2008 , 05:38   Re: HGR:Source (Hook + Grab + Rope) [V1.0.3d] [Video!]
    Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
    Originally Posted by stoneyblue View Post
    What I have done on my server -
    The HTML capable source server rules! You can set it up so that if "hook" is typed in chat, it will open up a webpage ;).
    I made a page on my website, explaining how to enable the console & then bind the hook. Then I have "mystats" to take them to their personal stats on the site.
    This has helped to shut many players up.
    I solved it differently, for now, I'm giving all my game admins the right to insta ban players if he or she calls another player "cheater" for using the hook mod. I have set mani admin so that it shows in chat every 5 minutes or so how to bind the hook and I planted a howto message in the server's motd text. I mean it's assumed players read the motd, so if they don't, i don't want them in my server. I also made a trigger for players saying "hook" that will bring up the motd text. That's the best I can do.

I really like to see these 2 features added, I've tried myself, but I just can't grasp the concept of this new Pawn c-like language. I'm trying to port it to Python script though
    ScubaSteve3465
    Old 03-08-2009 , 20:21   Re: HGR:Source (Hook + Grab + Rope) [V1.0.3d] [Video!]
    Reply With Quote #3

Crashes my linux tf2 server as soon as i try to use any commands any help?