Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Left4Dead Support?

Post New Thread Reply   

icky
Old 11-14-2008 , 17:59   Re: Left4Dead Support?
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by msleeper View Post
This sentence alone is enough to make me donate. I am waiting patiently with a foaming mouth for MM/SM for Left4Dead.
You might want to see a doctor about that whole foaming mouth thing.
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 11-15-2008 , 18:54   Re: Left4Dead Support?
Reply With Quote #42

I dont know but l4d has alot of potential. I already created my own difficulty mod which is maybe 1 or 2 steps above expert mode. The only issue is so many cvars are under sv_cheats so you gotta put sv_cheats on, which opens server up to being abused.

I already have killer ideas for our server so..If we had SM in L4D, it would be party time in the server mod world. You could do so much with it.

I hope they will look into supporting it.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 11-15-2008 , 21:14   Re: Left4Dead Support?
Reply With Quote #43

What about all the people that dont want to play on a modded server like that. I wouldnt release anything until valve fixes the server browser or it will just create more problems for the game.

retsam
Veteran Member
Old 11-15-2008 , 22:30   Re: Left4Dead Support?
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontWannaName View Post
What about all the people that dont want to play on a modded server like that. I wouldnt release anything until valve fixes the server browser or it will just create more problems for the game.
What makes you think it isnt fixed? Dont make any judgements based on a dumb bugy demo.

Im sure they wouldnt release a retail game with a server browser that poor.....
Fredd
Veteran Member
Old 11-16-2008 , 03:03   Re: Left4Dead Support?
Reply With Quote #45

i don't see how anyone would be to control who comes in their servers...since its basically "create lobby" then "find server" i dont think there will like be a fav servers tab or anything of some sort.
Old 11-16-2008 , 04:58   Re: Left4Dead Support?
Reply With Quote #46

Tracking bugs:

MM:S re-arch for L4D: https://bugs.alliedmods.net/show_bug.cgi?id=3412
MM:S L4D support: https://bugs.alliedmods.net/show_bug.cgi?id=3413
SM L4D support: https://bugs.alliedmods.net/show_bug.cgi?id=3414
Old 11-16-2008 , 08:22   Re: Left4Dead Support?
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredd View Post
i dont think there will like be a fav servers tab or anything of some sort.
Sure there will. Without it, what possible motivation will server operators have for putting up L4D servers? I, for one, am not going to put up a couple of dozen L4D servers if our community cannot easily connect to them. What would be the point? We're not here to subsidize Valve's games.

No...they will have to implement something more than these console-centric matchmaking schemes if they want long-term server support. I mean, really, how hard would it be to allow people to add the I.P. of their preferred servers to a list, and then have a ""Play on Favorite server" tab included in the list?
Fredd
Veteran Member
Old 11-16-2008 , 17:25   Re: Left4Dead Support?
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebNoob View Post
Sure there will. Without it, what possible motivation will server operators have for putting up L4D servers? I, for one, am not going to put up a couple of dozen L4D servers if our community cannot easily connect to them. What would be the point? We're not here to subsidize Valve's games.

No...they will have to implement something more than these console-centric matchmaking schemes if they want long-term server support. I mean, really, how hard would it be to allow people to add the I.P. of their preferred servers to a list, and then have a ""Play on Favorite server" tab included in the list?
thats the thing...i dont think they will since it will just be kinda of weird...since they have a "lobby" system since you shouldn't be able to just connect to a server if its empty or it has more than 4 players( or 5 i guess 5th is the zombie controller or w\e) because then things will be rly messed up... just think about it from what i see from the lobby system a servers tab would be almost useless and would just create a bunch of problems.
Old 11-16-2008 , 18:04   Re: Left4Dead Support?
Reply With Quote #49

Some 3rd party support is needed as the built in vote system allowed 2 asshats (pardon my French) to vote me off my server Not acceptable.
[jolt]MadMax
Old 11-16-2008 , 18:06   Re: Left4Dead Support?
Reply With Quote #50

they will add a server browser due to the amount of complaints they had when the demo was released.

atm the only way you can search and add your favs is to enable developer console then tab the console up and type in:-

openserverbrowser

that will give you a browser for servers , custom servers , favs , lan and spectate.

they will most likely add an extra selection on the main menu for server browesing, or leave it as it is but i cant see them doing that with the amount of complaints they have had about it.