12% 

Everyone Is Medic

Post New Thread Reply   

AlexBreems
Old 03-11-2008 , 04:40   Re: Everyone Is Medic
Reply With Quote #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylwester View Post
If players will be able to heal themselves, then ability to heal other teammates will be useless.
The player has cured itself and has left a little for other player - such cannot be?
And suddenly nearby anybody is not present also you one with with small HP enemies at you have surrounded is medicine but recover you cannot...

It is possible to make this function regulated with the help cvar
Old 04-10-2008 , 07:54   Re: Everyone Is Medic
Reply With Quote #52

i love this this weekend i will try this
Mikolas
Old 07-14-2008 , 23:50   Re: Everyone Is Medic
Reply With Quote #53

Any updates as of late?

I'd really like this to be gameplay compatible with my warcraft 3 FT. Having a set amount of medics per team sounds like the best alternative, because war3 can be quite cheap as it is, won't help the situation if everybody can heal one another.

I originally used the revival kit by cheapsuit, but its major problem was that it had unlimited usage, so "human" (invisible in war3) players or people just in general would camp and just run around healing their teammates, meaning the game would never end.

This would be amazing if the two plugins were integrated, where you buy the medkit, and it can either heal live players or revive "dead/wounded" ones, of course it should have its limited usage.
Sylwester
Veteran Member
Old 07-22-2008 , 20:54   Re: Everyone Is Medic
Reply With Quote #54

Well, limiting amount of medics is kinda against the idea of this plugin, but I may add this feature. Anyway, you can already limit healing with cvars, so it will not be possible to camp and heal forever...
Either set eim_healpoints to some value >0 (50, 100, ...), or set eim_healeff to value <1.0, so players will be able to get back only part of their health lost.
Old 07-22-2008 , 21:08   Re: Everyone Is Medic
Reply With Quote #55

Well, I understand, it is a "everyone is medic" mod.

I actually thought you no longer supported this and asked for this in the request plugin forum.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=74662

If you intend to update it to some version of what I wished for. I will wait
and wait
and wait
and wait some more
right here until it happens!

EDIT: I just found out that as I was writing this, you found my REQ -_-

I believe you said at one point that you would consider adding cheapsuit's ideas into your own? If so, hope it turns out something like what I specified, and that it happens within the next few months, weeks, days, or today. =P

Last edited by Mikolas; 07-22-2008 at 21:18.
Mikolas
Old 08-31-2008 , 23:41   Re: Everyone Is Medic
Reply With Quote #56

Still waiting... and waiting....

=P
tuty
Veteran Member
Old 09-11-2008 , 10:51   Re: Everyone Is Medic
Reply With Quote #57

hello there...can you make on this plugin when a teammate die and you aim at him and hold pressed E to revive that player? 10x
Old 10-08-2008 , 17:14   Re: Everyone Is Medic
Reply With Quote #58

I want plugin that I am health gave yourself out of teammate. Please
Sylwester
Veteran Member
Old 10-09-2008 , 15:04   Re: Everyone Is Medic
Reply With Quote #59

It would be more like portable health recharger instead of actually giving player healing abilities. I'm not sure if I will add such feature to this plugin. I will think about it, while coding new version.
Old 10-18-2008, 20:53
sytremelaker
This message has been deleted by sytremelaker.
sytremelaker
Old 10-22-2008 , 19:09   Re: Everyone Is Medic
Reply With Quote #60

Scratch my previous message, no real need.

I've noticed one gameplay flaw with this plugin though, on several occasions either myself or someone else was healing a teammate when an enemy popped up, killing the healer but being killed by the one who recieved the healing. When healing someone, you don't gain much out of it yourself and leave yourself wide open to enemies.

I think that there should be a small advantage to healing, just to give players a motive to heal their teammates. As of now, the healer doesn't benefit and risks death at the same time, making it rather troublesome to heal.
But maybe, if say you gain a certain amount of $$$ for every 1HP you heal to a teammate, players would have a greater motive to heal.

Also, just a quick suggestion, maybe add a feature that makes the healing function more like TF2's Medic gun? With more of a continous healing beam that shoots when pressing 'USE' but still obeys the eim_range cvar? I'm bring this up because I find it rather annoying when you are trying to heal a teammates and they accidently move, stoping the healing process and you gotta re-aim and heal again.
Send a message via AIM to sytremelaker