Possibly the largest plugin set ever written in terms of sheer code and vastness (especially when combined with its 3rd party addons written before release by the dev team), Apollo RP
is a total conversion mod for The Specialists designed to establish a roleplay environment. Succeeding Harbu RP, ARP is designed to overcome most of the flaws found in its predecessor. Apollo RP is designed to be modular, easy to use, fast, efficient and easy to expand upon.
Some of the features are as follows:
- API - It has an actual API, meaning for example in order to get someone's money, it's 1 line instead of 100.
- Speed - This is the main improvement next to the API; outside of debug mode, there should be absolutely no lag caused by server load even on older computers.
- SQLx - It uses threaded querying, meaning your SQL server can be extremely far away and you probably won't even notice the difference. Also, the lag that every Harbu RP server seems to have is non-existent.
- Feature additions - There are many extra features, some that come along the base package and others that are part of other addons. The better API (which Harbu RP never had in the first place) makes it easier to write addons, too.
- Map rotation - You can actually run a solid map rotation with ARP, as everything in the SQL is customizable. You can change the database used for each map, the name of your tables; basically anything.
- Link servers - You can link servers properly because everything is customizable, including the tables that the mod uses.
- Total rewrite - This isn’t simply an expansion or fix for Harbu RP, it’s a full rewrite. It incorporates the best things about Harbu RP but gets rid of the bad things.
- Supported - Harbu has dropped support for Harbu RP.
For documentation, see the Apollo RP Wiki
, specifically the Documentation Category
3rd party plugins will be made available on the forums
in the 3rd Party Plugin Releases
section as time goes on. I'm sure other people will start developing their own addons, too.
To see a full list of changes made, see the changelog, which can be found here:
Apollo RP Changelog
To download it, click here:
Apollo RP v1.1 Download
For a full directory with all ARP versions, click here:
Apollo RP All Versions