Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] Super Builds ( Stronger Buildables )

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
teddyruxpin
Overseer of lost packets
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Fun Stuff
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Plugin allows you to adjust the minhealth, maxhealth for the various TF2 buildables. Very useful on high damage rate hosts.
    Old 07-07-2008 , 03:51   [TF2] Super Builds ( Stronger Buildables )
    Reply With Quote #1

I have created this beta plug-in to allow TF2 server admins to adjust the amount of health their buildables will have. This is a global setting so ALL buildables will be affected by it. This plugin is very useful on hosts that have modified their crit, fire rates to 100% or modified the hosts various weapons*.ctx files to adjust the fire rate or damage rates. ( Note 100% crits damage has no additional damage effect on the buildables )

Current CVARs:
    Code:
    sm_superbuilds

sm_superbuilds_on =
    1 Enable 
    0 Disable

sm_superbuilds_maxhealth = 500 ( Buildable will have 500 HP MAX )
    sm_superbuilds_minhealth = 400 ( Buildable will have 400 HP MIN )
    I would like to be able to break this down further to specific buildable types in the future for finer grain control. Any input to improve this plug-in would be appreciated.

EDIT: 07/17/2008 - Removed the ability to set the ammo_shells. This was causing some hosts to crash when a dispenser was built. If you are seeing this problem please get the latest release of the plug-in.

-Note I have been told by a few authors on IRC the method I am using is incorrect. If you have a better method please show me an example and I will modify this plug-in to suite.

-Thanks to Liam for pointing out a bug in the previous version.

-Teddy
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (superbuilds.sp - 3269 views - 2.1 KB)
    File Type: smx superbuilds.smx (2.3 KB, 1143 views)

Last edited by teddyruxpin; 07-17-2008 at 11:57.
    Cooltad
    Veteran Member
    Old 07-07-2008 , 07:06   Re: [TF2] Super Builds ( Stronger Buildables with more ammo )
    Reply With Quote #2

No offense but there are already cvars you can use to make sentries and all buildables stronger.
    There are also cvars for how much ammo costs etc and even one for infinite sentry ammo.
    In fact there is even a cvar that controls the damage sentries do.

..those were the cons.
    Pros:
    Useful because now we would be able to see how much health sentries have. So a normal sentry has 500 health?

I mean I don't really mean to be mean but truthfully there is no need for this plugin unless you can control individual buildables' strengths.

Last edited by Cooltad; 07-07-2008 at 07:10.
    teddyruxpin
    Overseer of lost packets
    Old 07-07-2008 , 10:26   Re: [TF2] Super Builds ( Stronger Buildables with more ammo )
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cooltad View Post
    No offense but there are already cvars you can use to make sentries and all buildables stronger.
    There are also cvars for how much ammo costs etc and even one for infinite sentry ammo.
    In fact there is even a cvar that controls the damage sentries do.

..those were the cons.
    Pros:
    Useful because now we would be able to see how much health sentries have. So a normal sentry has 500 health?

I mean I don't really mean to be mean but truthfully there is no need for this plugin unless you can control individual buildables' strengths.
    If you are talking about the various tf_sentry* settings available via sm_cvar there is currently none that will allow you to adjust the strength of the various buildables. They will always start with the default strengths. As for the ammo the only one you can adjust recently is the 'ammohack' that allows for unlimited ammo.

Please check your sources before you state this plugin is redundant and it is not needed. I have yet to find any that do the same changes.

-Teddy
    pheadxdll
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 07-07-2008 , 12:42   Re: [TF2] Super Builds ( Stronger Buildables with more ammo )
    Reply With Quote #4

Would it be possible to raise the strength of say dispensers and teleportors but not oppressive buildings like sentries?
    teddyruxpin
    Overseer of lost packets
    Old 07-07-2008 , 12:49   Re: [TF2] Super Builds ( Stronger Buildables with more ammo )
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pheadxdll View Post
    Would it be possible to raise the strength of say dispensers and teleportors but not oppressive buildings like sentries?
    Yes once I figure out how to do more finer grain control with some if statements it should be possible to set the strength of each type of buildable (Sentry Gun, Dispenser, Tele's) and then for the SG set the amount of rocket ammo and bullet shells it will have on spawn.

Thanks,

-Teddy
    Neo Cool Dude
    Old 07-07-2008 , 15:07   Re: [TF2] Super Builds ( Stronger Buildables with more ammo )
    Reply With Quote #6

Cool plugin I needed something like this.

Someone told me crit damage didn't affect buildings is that true?
    Cooltad
    Veteran Member
    Old 07-07-2008 , 15:16   Re: [TF2] Super Builds ( Stronger Buildables with more ammo )
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Neo Cool Dude View Post
    Cool plugin I needed something like this.

Someone told me crit damage didn't affect buildings is that true?
    True.
    Old 07-10-2008 , 16:56   Re: [TF2] Super Builds ( Stronger Buildables with more ammo )
    Reply With Quote #8

So what's the normal sg hp?
    Cooltad
    Veteran Member
    Old 07-10-2008 , 17:57   Re: [TF2] Super Builds ( Stronger Buildables with more ammo )
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Neo Cool Dude View Post
    So what's the normal sg hp?
    I'm guessing its 400.
    SourceMod Developer
    Old 07-10-2008 , 19:50   Re: [TF2] Super Builds ( Stronger Buildables with more ammo )
    Reply With Quote #10

Teddy,

Code:

for (new i=1;i <= MaxEntities; i++)
    {
    if (IsValidEntity(i))
    {
    GetEntityNetClass(i, String:strClassName, 64)
    if (strcmp(String:strClassName, "CObjectSentrygun", true) == 0 || strcmp(String:strClassName, "CObjectDispenser", true) == 0 ||strcmp(String:strClassName, "CObjectTeleporter", true) 
    == 0)
    {
    //Change the ojbects's health
    SetEntData( i , FindSendPropOffs("CObjectSentrygun","m_iMaxHealth") , GetConVarInt(Cvar_MaxHealth), 4, true );
    SetEntData( i , FindSendPropOffs("CObjectSentrygun","m_iHealth") , GetConVarInt(Cvar_MinHealth), 4, true );
    SetEntData( i , FindSendPropOffs("CObjectSentrygun","m_iAmmoShells") , GetConVarInt(Cvar_AmmoShells), 4, true );
    //SetEntData( i , FindSendPropOffs("CObjectSentrygun","m_iAmmoRockets") , GetConVarInt(Cvar_AmmoRockets), 4, true );

}
    }
    }
    The loop your using there doesn't set the other items. Your finding them, but then your only setting CObjectSentrygun?