Server Chat Relay
(SCR) enables players on different servers to chat with each other.
- sm_scr_server (default "0")
- When non-zero, this game server becomes the Server Chat Relay server
- sm_scr_ip (default "127.0.0.1")
- IP of the Server Chat Relay server (ignored when sm_scr_server is 0)
- sm_scr_port (default "51000")
- Port of the Server Chat Relay server
- sm_scr_tag (default "Server 1")
- Tag to prefix messages broadcast from this server
- sm_scr_relaysay (default "0")
- When non-zero, broadcast all say messages from this server (except those that begin with '!')
- sm_scr_clients_file (default "scr_clients.txt")
- Specifies the filename to open with a list of allowed SCR client IP addresses. For TF2, the default value resolves to the location "orangebox/tf/scr_clients.txt". The file should contain a list of allowed IP addresses (no ports), one per line. Whitespace is trimmed. If the file cannot be opened, any client is allowed.
- !bc [text]
- Broadcast the specified text to all servers. This is useful if sm_scr_relaysay is 0. Available to all players.
Exactly one game server must be an SCR server. For example, let's say you run two TF2 Servers with IPs 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168, and one DOD server with IP 22.214.171.124. I'll designate the first TF2 server as the SCR server with the following config:
sm_scr_tag "2f2f (TF2)"
(relaysay is optional) All remaining servers must be SCR clients (sm_scr_server 0). For the 2nd TF2 server, I'll use the following config:
sm_scr_tag "2f2f2 (TF2)"
And for the DOD server, I'll use the following config:
sm_scr_tag "2f2f3 (DOD)"
Load the plugin on the SCR server first, then load the plugin on the SCR clients in any order. Pay attention to the console messages to make sure the SCR server starts correctly before starting the SCR clients. If you have trouble starting the SCR server, make sure you unload the plugin on all the SCR clients first.
After setup, the inter-server chat looks like this (as seen on the DOD server):
- Ensure that the sockets extension is installed on your servers.
- Copy scr.smx to your servers' SourceMod plugins directories (addons/sourcemod/plugins). Because the plugin relies on sockets, online compile will fail. I compiled scr.smx on sourcemod-1.2.0-hg2562, but I recommend that you compile the source on your own setup.
- 2008-07-05 - v0.1
- 2009-02-18 - v0.2
I wrote this quickly without thorough testing, so please be aware of that. There are a lot of potential features to add to this, so feel free to request them here. I'm sorry to say due to time constraints I can't spend time helping novice users get things up and running.
Note that if you receive socket errors (e.g. error 3 or error 5), you should unload the plugin on both the SCR server and clients, wait at least 30 seconds or so, then load the plugin on the server first, followed by the clients. This is a process I hope to automate soon.