VBAC - Very Basic Anti-Cheat
What does it do?
This plugin checks players when spawning for:
1. sv_cheats being enabled
- When obviously they should not be!
2. mat_wireframe being enabled - When obviously it should not be!
3. sv_consistency disabled
- Added in V3.0 when should be enabled
4. The name of "unconnected"
- And then when a player connects, it checks the players name "unconnected", this is normally a sign of a cheat has been some what rife, this is the screen name of a client that has not connected properly.
If it finds a match for ANY
of the conditions above it BANS
To be on the safe side, if sv_cheats (or what ever CVar you set it to) is enabled, then the plugin will not ban the players.
I do stress that this is a very basic anti-cheat protection, as its been proven that not all sv_cheats bypasses are not being picked up (no idea why) hence the addition of the mat_wireframe check as a secondary check and sv_consistancy as a third check being added in V3.0.
MySQL Bans Support Added in V3.0
In version 3.0 I have added basic support for my MySQL banning plugin:
This is disabled by default and needs to be enabled by putting sm_vbac_mysql 1
in your <mod dir>/cfg/soucremod.cfg file and of course you need to install the above plugin.
This was added due to the number of people it was banning and I was getting fed up of going back through the log files and manually adding them to protect the other 11 game servers.
Source Bans Support Added in V3.1
Added support for this, by adding a convar called sm_vbac_sb
which will need to enabled adding sm_vbac_sb 1
to your in your <mod dir>/cfg/soucremod.cfg file.
Successful So Far!
So far when using this plug-in in conjunction with KAC, I've found that VBAC is picking the cheaters up quicker (all
now some +640
cheaters found across our servers alone), however KAC is still mopping up the rest of the losers (51 extra bans because of KAC).
Prime example is below, this plug-in picked up this player and banned them tonight, as far as I'm concerned thats one less cheater.
From a request in the forums at http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=72097
also I would not e here that I left this running over night when testing it and picked up 8 players on our main server that had sv_cheats enabled, in one night!!
- sv_cheats - Do not alter
- Default: 0 - Set to 1 if using with my MySQL Banning Plug-in
- Default:0 - Set to 1 if using Source Bans
Pop the compiled smx file into your <%MOD DIR%>/addons/sourcemod/plugins
folder and change maps
- First Release
- Added mat_wireframe check, added check if the player is a bot & tidied the code up
fixed the bot check
- Added extra check and basic MySQL banning support
- Added Source Bans support via sm_vbac_sb
- Fixed fakeclients() prob
- Fixed client not connected log error
Everyone in http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=72097
Ban everyone that joins? Issue solved then