Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Menu Close Fix

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   Technical/Development        Approver:   Emp` (115)
MPNumB
Veteran Member
Old 05-04-2008 , 13:51   Menu Close Fix
Reply With Quote #1

Description:
This is an engine bug fix plugin. Evrybody who knows this bug - hates it. Bug is when you are in a menu and walking from a buy zone it closes or switches one page back. This is realy disturbing and can make you lots of trouble (example: You are in ban menu. See who you wanna ban but now someone is shoting in you - you are moving... Moved to safe position. Now you pressed your remembered key. And next thing you know - you banned not the person who you wanted or even yourself, cuz ****ing menu switched one page down).

Requires:
FakeMeta

Additional info:
Tested with amxmodx 1.8.0 on win32. But shold work with some lower amxx version. Althow I'm not sure dose it work on linux, but you can check it out.

Change-Log:

- First release.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (menuclose_fix.sma - 3326 views - 3.1 KB)
* HotVision
___
Need help? Please check this documentation first.

Last edited by MPNumB; 05-04-2008 at 13:53.
Send a message via Skype™ to MPNumB
skyjur
Old 05-05-2008 , 16:47   Re: Menu Close Fix
Reply With Quote #2

Your *engine bug fix* plugins should be joined into one. And that would be a very nice all in 1 patch for server

EDIT: I have just found the same comment on other thread. So go for it Something like a admin menu to turn on/off separate bug fixes would be cool.

Last edited by skyjur; 05-05-2008 at 16:59.
Reaper2331
Veteran Member
Old 05-05-2008 , 17:02   Re: Menu Close Fix
Reply With Quote #3

if all made into one it will most likely be hardcoded,the best thing to do would be make a post for it, and add all of them into a zip or rar. Explain what each one is and what they do all in one post.

in the Zip and/or rar have a .txt eplaining them. and have the .amxx and .sma files for each one

Send a message via AIM to Reaper2331 Send a message via MSN to Reaper2331 Send a message via Yahoo to Reaper2331
MPNumB
Veteran Member
Old 05-05-2008 , 18:08   Re: Menu Close Fix
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper2331 View Post
if all made into one it will most likely be hardcoded,the best thing to do would be make a post for it, and add all of them into a zip or rar. Explain what each one is and what they do all in one post.

in the Zip and/or rar have a .txt eplaining them. and have the .amxx and .sma files for each one
Totaly agree, but not now - I didn't even posted 1/2 of my engine fix plugins (rewriting them this days, so they will get approved...).
* HotVision
___
Reaper2331
Veteran Member
Old 05-05-2008 , 21:42   Re: Menu Close Fix
Reply With Quote #5

ok, lol, yeah i was just throwing an idea out there, thought it would be best way to do it, that way a HUGE plugin is not hardcoded. and glad to see some bug fixes

Send a message via AIM to Reaper2331 Send a message via MSN to Reaper2331 Send a message via Yahoo to Reaper2331
Orangutanz
Veteran Member
Old 05-06-2008 , 21:30   Re: Menu Close Fix
Reply With Quote #6

I thought you were going crazy until I did another attempt.

How to reproduce:
1) Within buyzone open the default buy/item menu for CS/CZ. (do not purchase anything that would result in the menu closing)
2) Open a scripted menu, play around flipping menus without closing.
3) Move outside of the buyzone and you will see the bug.

This is possibly a very common bug which has been dismissed by users thinking they were imagining things

In seriousness though this bug is from AMXX itself, so needs fixing internally. While I don't deny your fix works since it does, however it won't fix dynamic scripted menus

Last edited by Orangutanz; 05-06-2008 at 21:52.
MPNumB
Veteran Member
Old 05-07-2008 , 06:18   Re: Menu Close Fix
Reply With Quote #7

I didn't fully understood what you had in mind, but as long as I know it works with old menu system - didn't tested with new one, cuz rewrited all plugins to oldmenu style (new one has some bugs and isn't so advanced like old one). =P

Dunno is it amxx bug or not. As I know amxx uses messages to open the menu. To fix that you just had to use not message_begin(), but emessage_begin(), but not sure in it, cuz it mayb e cannot work with not registred menus for hl engine hemself.
* HotVision
___
Orangutanz
Veteran Member
Old 05-07-2008 , 08:51   Re: Menu Close Fix
Reply With Quote #8

I can't access the SVN to fix it myself, lost all my details
I've passed it onto Sawce

This issue is AMXX related basically what should happen:
When show_menu is executed it should check
if a default menu (non-scripted) is opened then
execute menuselect 10 on the client before sending the scripted menu.

I just cannot believe how long this bug has been present, this is going back to late 2002 earlier 2003 with AMX Mod and it's not been reported!
MPNumB
Veteran Member
Old 05-07-2008 , 10:24   Re: Menu Close Fix
Reply With Quote #9

I know, that this bug is uber old an evrybody foth that they were imagening it. And by they way if there is a buy menu and then client excutes "menuselect 10" it wont help fixing this bug, cuz engine saved last menu variable in that pdata what I'm reseting. You must reset the way like I'm doing it, or open another standart menu "radio1" for example, than excute it close (so radio message wont accour), and only then open the menu. Or just use not message, but emessage, so it will be send to server dll, and server will realize, that client isn't anymore in buy menu (but not sure obout this way, plus I think it can force server crash =P ). Btw, how new menu style is working (in full work)?
* HotVision
___
Orangutanz
Veteran Member
Old 05-07-2008 , 12:12   Re: Menu Close Fix
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPNumB View Post
I know, that this bug is uber old an evrybody foth that they were imagening it. And by they way if there is a buy menu and then client excutes "menuselect 10" it wont help fixing this bug, cuz engine saved last menu variable in that pdata what I'm reseting. You must reset the way like I'm doing it, or open another standart menu "radio1" for example, than excute it close (so radio message wont accour), and only then open the menu. Or just use not message, but emessage, so it will be send to server dll, and server will realize, that client isn't anymore in buy menu (but not sure obout this way, plus I think it can force server crash =P ). Btw, how new menu style is working (in full work)?
1) This is the only way you can fix this using pawn, I understand that!
2) We cannot use offsets in AMXX itself due to not working on other mods which utilise the menu system.
3) emessage is nothing to do with mp.dll it's a metamod extension so other modules can communicate and hook other module messages.

In AMXX itself (C/C++) we can issue menuselect 10 on clients before we execute show_menu. I've already tried and tested my method and it works fine:
1) Press b for buymenu
2) Type in console menuselect 10
3) Type in console some name to display your scripted menu
4) Move out of buyzone you will see your scripted menu isn't affected at all