Hitting the console key and typing in "noclip" and "god" to test something in a map...
That always pissed me off, so I wrote this small plugin, which in the end probably
took up more time than typing 'noclip' and 'god' could ever have.
You simply hold down a key which you bound to "+devmenu
", and then
you can easily enable/disable godmode, noclip mode, notarget mode and access
for every usual player to that developer menu (for multiplayer map testing)
by simply moving your view into the direction the option is in. By default, 20
degrees from the original angle when opening the menu upwards, downwards,
to the left or to the right are needed to toggle an option. Since Version 5.0 you
may also hit your "Use
"-Key while in the menu to toggle the player information
staying while the menu is closed on or off. Hitting your "Reload
"-Key will allow
you to teleport to coordinates.
Look at the screenshot to get an idea of it.
Admin Level A required by default.
- V. 1.0: Initial release.
- V. 2.0: Cleaned up the code and fixed 2 tiny issues.
- V. 3.0: Added Global Constant Variable to control degrees needed to toggle an option (Default: 12) and added a check if the menu was open when the client sends "-developer_menu", to prevent seeing the menu fade out when closing the Game Menu (Escape button) if the menu was not open.
- V. 4.0: Added Three Global Constant Variables to control the menus color. Added Origin, Angles and Velocity display. Menu now instantly disappears when letting of the key to keep the fourth HUD Message Channel free. There are some small optimizations as well.
- V. 5.0: New feature: Hit "Use"-Key while the menu is open to toggle Player Information Stay ON/OFF. Did some syntax optimization as well.
- V. 6.0: Added a Pitch-Slope Indicator to Information box and made use of static variables to reduce CPU usage.
- V. 7.0: Added options to suicide and to teleport to coordinates. Fixed the menu close function being called when closing the menu, although information stay is still activated. Changed default channel for the HUD menu to be channel 3, because it seems to be the most spammed channel. Made the whole menu much flatter so it wont screw up widescreen users.
- V. 8.0: Removed option to suicide. It was dull and 90% of the time one would use it accidentally. Added #define DEV_LOW_FIDELITY_MENU 1 to the code, which, when set to a value greater than 0, will cause the menu to be low fidelity, and thus cause much less network traffic. Fixed network options being used incorrectly while the menu is opened. Reduced default refresh rates to very low values. Fixed bad variable naming sense. Global variables are now preceded by "g_". Improved code readability and efficiency. Now have to use Reload-key instead of jump key. Changed default command for opening the menu to something shorter, "+devmenu". Can now easily change required Admin level through a #define REQUIRED_ACCESS.