- v1.5.0, by Texnux
- Updated on 05-19-2009
This plugin works for every mod! There are 3 versions:
- Read compiling options for more information!
This plugin allows players to fire a flare! It got 7 modes!
The modes are as so for the colors:
0 = off
1 = white
2 = red
3 = green
4 = blue
5 = server defined
6 = random
7 = timely random
amx_flare_mode - turns the plugin off and between mode 1 to 7 - ADMIN_KICK level required.
fireflare - fire a flare!
buyflare - buy a flare!
flarehelp - Shows a MOTD help window!
/buyflare - buy a flare!
/fireflare - fire a flare!
/flarehelp - Shows a MOTD help window!
- flare_mode - (default = 1) - Which mode to use (0 = off, 1 = free, 2 = cost, 3 = replaces grenades)
- flare_color_mode - (default = 1) - Which color mode the flare will use.
- flare_server_limit_active - (default = 25) - How many flares can be active at a time in total.
- flare_server_limit_owned - (default = 100) - How many flares can be owned at a time in total.
- flare_colors - (default = 000255255) - Color for the server determind color mode.
- flare_user_max_own - (default = 2) - How many flares a player can hold.
- flare_user_max_active - (default = 2) - How many flares that can be active for one player.
- flare_update_light - (default = 0.1) - How fast the color refresh.
- flare_update_color - (default = 0.5) - How often the flare changes color if mode is randomly color change.
- flare_light_life - (default = 1) - The life of the light, in 1/10 sec.
- flare_lifespan - (default = 10.0) - The lifespan for the flare.
- flare_stay - (default = 3.0) - How long time the flare stays when its dead.
- flare_dying - (default = 20) - How fast the color retreats when the flare is dead, in 1/10 sec.
- flare_decay - (default = 1) - The time before the light retreats, in 1/10 sec.
- flare_radius - (default = 25) - The radius of the light.
- flare_throw - (default = 500) - How fast you throw it.
- flare_start_with - (default = 0) - How many flares to start with each (re)spawn.
- flare_admin_rights - (default = 0) - Admins only or not.
- flare_user_acquire - (default = 0) - Can you get new flares or not by buying/getting them with buy command.
- flare_user_dead_bypass - (default = 0) - Can you buy and fire flare while being dead (overrides flare_user_keep_on_dying).
- flare_user_keep_on_dying - (default = 0) - keep flares when you die.
- flare_server_advertise_status - (default = 1) - Advertisment use.
- flare_server_advertise_time - (default = 180.0) - How often do the server advertise the flares.
Cvars for CS/CZ only:
- flare_buyzone (default 1) = Obey buy zone.
- flare_buytime (default 1) = Obey buy time.
- flare_replace_mode - (default = 4) - Which grenades to replace (1-7) (1 = hegrenade, 2 = flashbang, 4 = smokegrenade, add them to each other to get all the grenades, example 5 = hegrenade and smokegrenade).
- Cstrike - Only for CS/CZ version
In version 1.5.0 I introduced a method that removes the annoying splitting process of the plugin to run on both CS/CZ and all other mods.
#define TYPE 0
TYPE compiling options explaning:
0 = With everything (Some features runs only in CS/CZ)
1 = For any mod without CS/CZ features added
2 = For CS/CZ with the added features
- Added features, that only works for CS/CZ, are: buyzone, buytime, replacing.
#define DEBUG 0 // 0 = No debugging tools, 1 = Debugging tools available (deletes and recreates a new multi language file on each map start)
If you set DEBUG to 1 then a command can be used by everyone to help finding bugs in the plugin by showing a hud with all the plugins settings.
Command for the hud:
amx_flare_debug - first time activates it and second deactivates it for the user.
#define UPDATELIST 1 // 0 = No error/request commands, 1 = You can use a command to report to the server a request or bug description for the plugin flares.
By using the following commands, you can log your request and/or bug you find to the server's log file for the plugin.
amx_flare_request description of request - used for submitting a request to the server regarding the Flares.amx_flare_bug description of bug - used for submitting a bug report to the server regarding the Flares.
flare_updatelist_status - (default = 1) - 1 = both commands can be used, 0 = they can't.
flare_updatelist_adminrights - (default = 1) - Only admin can use the commands for bug report and request.
- None I know of (yet).
Calzinger - For his old flare plugin.
Tirant_Flare - For the hand model of a flare.
Geesu - For compiling options and avoid plugin halt by needing a module (from warcarft 3ft plugin)
Avalanche - For his gungame plugin, used some of his MOTD system.
To do list:
- Initial release.
- Changed cvars to pcvars.
- Runs on every mod now!
- Seperated the plugin to two files so it can be used with all mods!
- Small bugs fixed.
- Added buyzone and buytime to cs/cs version.
Version 1.3.0 - Cstrike only for now
- Using TE_DLIGHT instead of a number
- Changed cvar flare_life to flare_lifelight to simplify things with the cvar flare_lifespan
- Possibility to replace smoke grenades with flares
- Possibility to set the amount of flares players get when they spawn
- Prevent players from buying when they are given flares
- Cvars added: flare_replace, flare_allow_buying, flare_give
- Plugin splitted in to three: anymod, cstrike/czero, cstrike/czero that can replace a grenade
- Fixed admin only bug that made it even impossible for admins to use
- Added multi language support
- Rewrote most of the plugin
- Change/Add cvars - look at the cvar list
- All functions is now fakemeta instead of engine
- Released for: anymod
- Name change from Flare to Flares.
- Auto creation of multi-language file.
- Far better Multi-Language system.
- Usement sytem (off, free, cost, replacing).
- Replacing system (he, flash and smoke with flag system).
- Holding a flare in hand in first person view.
- Added server max owned and active flares for performance wise.
- Fixed buytime, were incredible buggy.
- Change some cvar names.
- Added dead bypass for wierdness.
- A Commercial.
- MOTD help system.
- Compiling options for plugin to run on all HL1 mods instead of multiple files.
- Compiling with debug mode for players to debug (bug test) the plugin.
- Compiling with request and bug submit possibilities.
- Cleaned some code.
- Fixed alot of bugs.
- Rewrote some parts of the code.
- Command fireflare changed to igniteflare same for say /fireflare version.
Accepting user requests!
You can download the plugin compiled, but if you were going to only use it for any mod buy CS/CZ you would get unnessersary things you can't use anyways, therefore download the .sma file and compile it locally after changing the compiling options in the top of the file.
- Heavy bug test and bug fixes if found
- MOTD, expand with all settings into it or in a menu
- Menu system for ignite player choosen flare color
- Menu system with server preset colors from a ini file
- Admin menu for controlling settings for flares
- Extra: Light settings changing without using an extra plugin
- A new mode which fires a flare with a random mode
- Config file with description of all cvars
- Change cvars names to give more sense
- Organize/Optimize code even better
If you don't use it for CS/CZ then there won't be any reasons to download the hand model of the flare.
Since alot of people don't download the language file its created by default now, so only download the language file if you want to submit a translation.
The zip folder Flares.zip is ready to be unpacked into the mod you want to use the plugin with.
Flares.sma is set up to be compiled with all options but debug tools.
Flares.txt is the multi-language file, though it is created automatically, so no need to download it for anything but translating it.
The zip folder HandModel.zip is the hand model of a flare for CS/CZ version of the plugin.