Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

SuperHero 1.20 Changelog & Info

Post New Thread Reply   

vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 07-21-2007 , 16:48   SuperHero 1.20 Changelog & Info
Reply With Quote #1

This is just to keep you informed of what changes are being made, before 1.20 of the plugin gets released. I will update/make changes to this post now and then as things change. Do not ask for new features here as that is not the reason for this release. Leave comments or ask questions and I'll try to answer them, just don't ask when it will be released.

Current Changelog:
*Note: One line may entail a lot of work that is not completely explained.
Code:
*  v1.2.0 - JTP10181/vittu - 08/17/08
*	  (took over where JTP10181 left off, mixture of both our work as follows below)
*	- Converted server messages in core plugin to register_natives, better for plugin communication and fixes overflow caused by too many heroes
*	- Converted from engine to fakemeta, integrated cstrike more, and utilized csx natives
*	- Converted to use pcvar system core and heroes
*	- Converted fully to new file system over inefficient write_file methods
*	- Added new natives, renamed old, and added some extra options that were not in old
*	- Added optional modes for reload that can be controlled server wide
*	- Added VIP support, bonus xp for vip assassination/rescue.
*	- Added optional blocks for VIP: power key usage, sh give weapons, ect.
*	- Added cvar for amount of players required to be in server for mercy/hostage/bomb/vip XP
*	- Added config file to disable sh giving of specified weapon based on map
*	- Added camera turn toward attacker on death from sh extradamage (thanks Emp`)
*	- Added damage inflictor to sh extradamage. External plugins might use this ie. ATAC3
*	- Added silence/burst reset to drop weapon reload mode
*	- Added bots choosing powers automatically
*	- Added grey colored chat to prefix chat messages as well as native for it
*	- Added /automenu say option to disable hero menu from showing up on spawn
*	- Added amx_shimmunexp admin command to set users immune from savedays deletion (NOT available for nVault)
*	- Fixed exploit with switching team to gain mercy xp
*	- Fixed sh setting sv_maxspeed when set higher than what sh requires, some heroes might need more than detected by sh
*	- Fixed StatusText info from being over written by name of user in crosshairs
*	- Fixed incorrect amounts in max bpammo and max clip stocks, converted to lookup tables instead of switch statements as well
*	- Fixed shero folder will now be created if it does not exist. Allows cfg files to be created if they do not exist (except shconfig.cfg)
*	- Fixed sh_hsmult to work with extradamage headshots, was not counted before
*	- Fixed clearpowers to send drop on only heroes user had not all heroes server has
*	- Fixed player console playerskills command cutting off hero names in some cases
*	- Fixed speed resetting to default speeds after zooming with a sniper rifle
*	- Fixed bug with keys reversing when HUD shows 0 health
*	- Fixed possible reliable channel overflow on clients from hero_inits running on ResetHUD causing a loop from weapon give
*		(Converted to Ham_Spawn post for better reliablity, this adds hamsandwich to be included by default)
*	- Changed the speed system to use actual weapon speeds when resetting to normal, instead of just setting 210
*	- Changed to track bomb by entity index, cleaner then by bomb holder
*	- Changed how single hostage bonus xp is given by detecting the amount of hostages on a map
*	- Changed hero default cvars lvl/hp/ap/grav/speed to be read by pcvar instead of a global, fixes issue with first map hero cvars not setting
*	- Changed shRemHealthPower, shRemArmorPower, shRemGravityPower, shRemSpeedPower, and shResetShield to be taken care of by the core when hero dropped
*	- Changed help motd into a file, shmotd.txt, and edited its content
*	- Removed Cheating-Death support since it is a dead project
*	- Removed amxmod support since it is a dead project
*	- Removed cvars sh_round_started and sh_cdrequired
*	- Removed suicides from hl logs caused by extradamage
*	- Renamed 3 default heroes Nightcrawler/Windwalker/Zues to Shadowcat/Black Panther/Grandmaster respectively
*	- Renamed cvar sh_bombhostxp to sh_objectivexp
*	- Renamed functions in core for better managability
*	- Recoded all default heroes to have a similar style of coding and optimized them
*       Thanks go to teame06, Emp, and jtpizzalover for their input from my constant badgering of this release. - vittu

Other tid bits pertaining to this release:
  • AMX Mod X 1.80 or above will be Required.

• Iron Man no longer requires you to jump first, just press the key and you will take off.

• Wolverine with model has been included in default package with options to not use model at all (On by default). Will only use model if define is enabled and model is actually on the server. Model will be packed in contrib package when released.

• Cyclops burn decals have been corrected for czero.

• All heroes will need to be recompiled to use the new natives. Almost all old heroes should be compatible (few here an there might have an issue without recoding).

• The three heroes that were renamed were done so because of various complaints over time.

• Skeletor will set it self failed if monster mod is not running. Also added cvar for max snarks, since it can get ridiculous with people setting so many levels now a days. Changed skeletor_cooldown to 30 seconds instead of 20.

• Captain America will now scale it's calculation for godmode chance based on default server max of 10 levels. What this means is no longer will godmode be given way too much if a server operator changes the servers max levels. (IE. This was a problem before since if a user was level 50 they would have godmode 100% of the time, with default cap america settings, no matter what the max level of the server was. Now percentage will be based similar to a 10 level server.) I'm not sure if this is a permanent change or if a different method should be made for captain america all together.

• Couple of hero cvar changes:
    Removed bomberman_xpbased (unnecessary).. setting bomberman_bpl to 0 will disable level based anything above will do bombs per level
    Removed ironman_armorfuel (unnecessary).. if ironman_fuelcost is above 0 it will use the amount of armor for fuel, set 0 to not use armor at all
    Renamed punisher_dropwpn to punisher_rldmode because of new methods available

• Shadowcat (formerly Nightcrawler) has improved code for stuck check. Instead of a movement check now uses a hull check to see if player is stuck.

• Changes planned for 1.20 are being merged in early, due to complications in current build. This means 1.20 will be released instead of 1.19. Please be patient as I feel these complications should be resolved before a release is made.

• Invisible Man and Morpheus have been added to the default package, a few others might be added before release has been made.

• Moved the logKill stock to the core, this will break some backward compatibility of heroes that don't use the core's extradamage to do extradamage.

• Official Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/shero

Last Addition to post: 7/7/08

Last edited by vittu; 08-17-2008 at 20:39.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
Emp`
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 07-23-2007 , 02:05   Re: SuperHero 1.19 Changelog & Info
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittu View Post
Code:
*	- Added camera turn toward attacker on death from sh extradamage, thx Emp`
eep i've been spotted. no problemo.
Send a message via AIM to Emp` Send a message via MSN to Emp` Send a message via Yahoo to Emp` Send a message via Skype™ to Emp`
B.A.N.G.E.R.S
Old 01-20-2008 , 10:58   Re: SuperHero 1.20 Changelog & Info
Reply With Quote #3

thanks vittu for working that hard the only bad thing about it is that we all have to recode the heroes so they work for 1.20.
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 01-20-2008 , 21:28   Re: SuperHero 1.20 Changelog & Info
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.A.N.G.E.R.S View Post
thanks vittu for working that hard the only bad thing about it is that we all have to recode the heroes so they work for 1.20.
No, I made it so heroes would almost all be backward compatible. However, they will need to be recompiled. Quote from above:
Quote:
All heroes will need to be recompiled to use the new natives. Almost all old heroes should be compatible (few here an there might have an issue without recoding).
Only a few heroes would need recoding ones that do the damage themselves in their code (ones that don't use shExtraDamage, basically heroes ripped from green arrow/noob). I knew that many of you would not use the new version if old heroes did not work.

----------------------

The newer code looks similar to module style for heroes.

I'm hoping to have enough time to work on the mod to get a release out before the end of February. Things seem to be going well in tests, but I still have a couple major issues that need addressing and I'm hard pressed to find time for them.

Some of you will be happy to know bots will now automatically choose heroes randomly, heroes they choose will be restricted the same way as player. As for bots using binds, I would rather have a separate plugin for that and will not work on that until after a release has been made.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
B.A.N.G.E.R.S
Old 01-21-2008 , 08:01   Re: SuperHero 1.20 Changelog & Info
Reply With Quote #5

ooh sorry didnt notice that.
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 02-23-2008 , 13:52   Re: SuperHero 1.20 Changelog & Info
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
I'm hoping to have enough time to work on the mod to get a release out before the end of February. Things seem to be going well in tests, but I still have a couple major issues that need addressing and I'm hard pressed to find time for them.
I have ironed out the bugs as far as I can tell, a release is very near. However, time to work on the mod is still a factor. I only have 1 real thing I want to work out with the mod before a release and I do not think I can get it done before the end of this month.

---------------
Also, because of some limitations with nVault saving one feature dealing with power bans had to be rethought and another new feature (player immune to savedays reset) will not be available to it.
D o o m
Veteran Member
Old 04-13-2008 , 22:07   Re: SuperHero 1.20 Changelog & Info
Reply With Quote #7

I had a little break from this forums

I'm really happy that you still work on this vittu
But why are you the only one of the former 4 SH Mod members? :/

[ You already helped me with my bad heroes (). ]
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 04-14-2008 , 02:24   Re: SuperHero 1.20 Changelog & Info
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by D o o m View Post
I had a little break from this forums

I'm really happy that you still work on this vittu
But why are you the only one of the former 4 SH Mod members? :/

[ You already helped me with my bad heroes (). ]
Asskicr hasn't been around for a long time, he served his mandatory military service then I believe he got a job (though he never did much before that anyway). Jtp got so busy with his job and life that working on sh was just counter productive. Freecode got busy with college and if he ever has time to do anything it should be to work on the alliedmods site not sh. I on the other hand never had lots and lots of time because of work so that's why the process with me is much slower than with jtp.

All very understandable as none of us are kids.

My recent job transfer kind of slowed production on the release, it is finalized and only cleaning code is needed now. And I am hoping to find the time to do so sometime soon.
D o o m
Veteran Member
Old 04-14-2008 , 11:53   Re: SuperHero 1.20 Changelog & Info
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
My recent job transfer kind of slowed production on the release, it is finalized and only cleaning code is needed now. And I am hoping to find the time to do so sometime soon.
Don't get in a hurry
Nice things need their time and in my opinion the SH and WC3 Mods are the best Plugins/Mods for CS.
I got now why you were against so much hero rips and heroes with many models or just a new one instead of new powers, because I played on a lot of servers and downloading alone is horrible and then you have a lot of models for ONE weapon, but at least you only see one In earlier times models were just 'cool' and the more the hero had the better it was ^^

I remember the time when AssKicR said he probably will be away for 1 year cause of army and then he'll be back.

And the reasons are more than understandable, I mean Real Life should be at top of everyones list, so I'm happy that all of you got one and still have/had the time to such a project (who knows, maybe they'll find time and get interested again into it and "come back")

Freecode isn't that old and I really respect what he already has done.
I'm older than he was when starting the project and I still understand only the half of the code (and I only talk about the heroes ^^), then he worked on the forums, et cetera.

You're also a liar You had enough time.. You helped people with problems very well, especially in Tech Support and Scripting Help, so you've also done a lot of work. You shouldn't forget what supporting means, especially with some people who don't understand easy instructions. *thumbs up*

btw. the testserver rocks, especially the custom heroes do (well Green Lantern seems to crash the server [...]), just sad that it's an American server () - I've got a ping of ~190

Well it's a bit offtopic, but we're in the offtopic sub.
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 04-14-2008 , 13:43   Re: SuperHero 1.20 Changelog & Info
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by D o o m View Post
btw. the testserver rocks, especially the custom heroes do (well Green Lantern seems to crash the server [...]), just sad that it's an American server () - I've got a ping of ~190
If you're talking about the one in my sig, that's yang's server he is running an earlier revision of the beta. Practically all customs on there are his, I gave him maybe a 1 or 2 that I haven't had time to release to fill up his custom quota. I also gave the beta release to 123 who is in Sweden he's had it for some time he just hasn't installed it yet, I suppose it could be better ping for you there maybe try bugging him to install it.