Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

maplists.cfg Question

Post New Thread Reply   

BigBaller
Veteran Member
Old 03-02-2008 , 12:09   maplists.cfg Question
Reply With Quote #1

Can someone explain how to use the maplists.cfg ?

I use this plugin
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=56376

Which creates the file maplist.txt in the base mod directory (next the mapcycle.txt). I read how the maplists.cfg file works, is it able to read .txt files in the base mod directory? Or does it need to be a .ini file like the addons/sourcemod/configs/adminmenu_maplist.ini listed. Does it have to be the sourcemod/configs/ directory?

Just looking for some clarification on this.

Jérémie
Old 03-03-2008 , 09:18   Re: maplists.cfg Question
Reply With Quote #2

maplist.cfg can read any file in a simple text format.

For example, you could have :
Code:
"rockthevote"
{
"file" "/home/anyUser/Another-Dir/andYetAnother/And_some-randomFile.booze"
}
for rtv, it should work.
BAILOPAN
Old 03-03-2008 , 16:43   Re: maplists.cfg Question
Reply With Quote #3

It reads from the base mod folder. But, it only works if a plugin actually uses it. If your plugin doesn't use maplists.cfg (that is, ReadMapList) then it's not a concern for you.

Hrm, I'm not sure if it can read absolute paths though :] if it can without "file://" then it's a bug
Veteran Member
Old 03-05-2008 , 11:36   Re: maplists.cfg Question
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error Logs
L 03/04/2008 - 00:08:42: SourceMod error session started
L 03/04/2008 - 00:08:42: Info (map "de_aztec") (file "errors_20080304.log")
L 03/04/2008 - 00:08:42: [SM] Could not parse file "C:\servers\overdosedcss\cstrike\addons\sourc emod\configs\maplists.cfg"
L 03/04/2008 - 00:08:42: [SM] Error on line 63 (col 3): Section beginning without a matching ending
L 03/04/2008 - 00:08:48: Error log file session closed.
L 03/04/2008 - 00:08:49: SourceMod error session started
L 03/04/2008 - 00:08:49: Info (map "de_cbble") (file "errors_20080304.log")
L 03/04/2008 - 00:08:49: [SM] Could not parse file "C:\servers\overdosedcss\cstrike\addons\sourc emod\configs\maplists.cfg"
L 03/04/2008 - 00:08:49: [SM] Error on line 63 (col 3): Section beginning without a matching ending
L 03/04/2008 - 00:08:49: [SM] Could not parse file "C:\servers\overdosedcss\cstrike\addons\sourc emod\configs\maplists.cfg"
L 03/04/2008 - 00:08:49: [SM] Error on line 63 (col 3): Section beginning without a matching ending
L 03/04/2008 - 00:18:49: [SM] Could not parse file "C:\servers\overdosedcss\cstrike\addons\sourc emod\configs\maplists.cfg"
L 03/04/2008 - 00:18:49: [SM] Error on line 63 (col 3): Section beginning without a matching ending
L 03/04/2008 - 00:18:55: Error log file session closed.
L 03/04/2008 - 00:18:56: SourceMod error session started
I am now getting that in my error logs. I am confused as to why this is going on so here is the copy of maplists.cfg

Code:
/**  * Use this file to configure map lists.  *  * Each section is a map list that plugins can use.  For example, the Admin Menu  * requests an "admin menu" map list, and you can control which maps appear via  * this file.  *  * Each section must have a property that explains where to read the maps from.  * There are two properties:  *  *    target         - Redirect the request to another section.  *    file       - Read a file of map names, in mapcycle.txt format.  *  * There is one section by default, called "mapcyclefile" - it is mapped to the  * mapcycle.txt file, or whatever the contents of your mapcyclefile cvar is.  *  * If a plugin requests a map list file which doesn't exist, or is empty, SourceMod  * tries the "default" section, and then the "mapcyclefile" section.  */ "MapLists" {     /**      * Default requests go right to the mapcyclefile.      */     "default"     {         "target"        "mapcyclefile"     }         /* Admin menu, map menu */     "sm_map menu"     {         "file"      "addons/sourcemod/configs/adminmenu_maplist.ini"     }         /* Admin menu, map voting menu */     "sm_votemap menu"     {         "file"      "addons/sourcemod/configs/adminmenu_maplist.ini"     }         /* For the "randomcycle" plugin */     "randomcycle"     {         "target"        "default"     }         /* For the "mapchooser" plugin */     "mapchooser"     {         "file"      "addons/sourcemod/configs/adminmenu_maplist.ini"     }         /* For the "rockthevote" plugin */     "rockthevote"     {         "file"      "addons/sourcemod/configs/adminmenu_maplist.ini"     }     "autochangemap"     {         "file"      "maplist.txt"     }

Line 63 would be the very last item in the maplists.cfg

BAILOPAN
Old 03-05-2008 , 15:53   Re: maplists.cfg Question
Reply With Quote #5

Looks like you're missing a closing }
Veteran Member
Old 03-06-2008 , 15:19   Re: maplists.cfg Question
Reply With Quote #6

AHHHHHHH

you rock BAILOPAN.

I guess that happens when you try to fix your server up during the middle of the night.

MjrNuT
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-08-2008 , 18:25   Re: maplists.cfg Question
Reply With Quote #7

Just when I thought I was understanding the language of this stuff...kapooey!!

I don't understand how to, for instance, set a different file for my "mapchooser". For the life of me, per this post and per the Wiki, I have been scouring for the

Just when I thought I was understanding the language of this stuff...kapooey!!

I don't understand how to, for instance, set a different file for my "mapchooser". For the life of me, per this post and per the Wiki, I have been scouring for the following file:

Code:
addons/sourcemod/configs/adminmenu_maplist.ini
to no avail.

So I guess I'm to think of creating this file? If so, then I don't know the usage.

I apologize if it's right in front of me....
Extreme_One
Veteran Member
Old 04-09-2008 , 04:33   Re: maplists.cfg Question
Reply With Quote #8

If it doesn't exist then create the file in a simple text editor like notepad. Then list the maps you'd like your admins to be able to choose from:

Code:
cs_office
de_dust2
as_dust
fy_scoutknives
Old 04-09-2008 , 11:17   Re: maplists.cfg Question
Reply With Quote #9

Cheers for the reply!!
chundo
Old 08-25-2008 , 15:42   Re: maplists.cfg Question
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN View Post
It reads from the base mod folder. But, it only works if a plugin actually uses it. If your plugin doesn't use maplists.cfg (that is, ReadMapList) then it's not a concern for you.

Hrm, I'm not sure if it can read absolute paths though :] if it can without "file://" then it's a bug
Does this mean it understands URLs (i.e. I could enter a webpage that returns a maplist), or is file:// a special case?