Warcraft 3: Expansion
** EDITED 3/21/06 **
It has been over two years
since the initial release of WAR3X. After taking a long break from the project, version 1.0
of the plugin has finally been completed!
This version is now available for download at the War3x Forums
Those that are not familiar with WAR3X need only look to other Warcraft 3-themed mods for similarities. There are differences, however, that set this mod apart from the others, listed below:
- Each race has 3 ultimates to choose from. This means that you can take the role of a different hero for each map. Damage enemy players, Buff yourself, even heal teammates!
- Each race also starts with a racial ability, which automatically improves as the player gains levels.
- At current there are 4 races to choose from, with plans for 8 total races in the future!
- Future versions will also see the introduction of Heroes with 'Auras', which are abilities that affect the entire team while the hero is alive.
- Racial shops will also be seen in future releases, which contain usable items only purchasable by certain races.
- Once racial shops have been added, a backpack ability will be made available that will allow the player to carry more than one item.
- Skills in this version are much more balanced as well over other Warcraft mods. Skills and ultimates which have the potential to exploit map boundaries have been left out in favor of other useful abilities.
Development has continued at full force. It will not be long before these above-mentioned features will be added to gameplay.
DOWNLOAD THE PLUGIN HERE