Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

AmxModX 1.8.0 + CSDM 2.1.1 = crash when round restarts

Post New Thread Reply   

ptter
Old 12-28-2007 , 09:21   AmxModX 1.8.0 + CSDM 2.1.1 = crash when round restarts
Reply With Quote #1

Hi im going crazy .. I run amxmodx 1.8 + csdm 2.1.1 on my linux server, whenerver the round restarts the server crashes..

This is the error i recive in my connection to my shell:

./hlds_run: line 342: 2529 Segmentation fault (core dumped) $HL_CMD
"/home/ptter/hlds/core.2529" is not a core dump: File format not recognized
No stack.
/home/ptter/hlds/debug.cmds:2: Error in sourced command file:
No frame selected.
email debug.log to [email protected]

This is what i got out of the debug log:

CRASH: Fri Dec 28 15:16:27 CET 2007
Start Line: ./hlds_i686 -game cstrike +maxplayers 16 +map de_dust2 -debug -pingbooster 3 -port 27015 -ip 91.194.118.132 -secure -pidfile hlds.2518.pid
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/libthread_db.so.1".
End of crash report

Someone that have the same problem and manage to resolve it??
All help i can get is nice
My shellprovider is running debian.
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-28-2007 , 10:05   Re: AmxModX 1.8.0 + CSDM 2.1.1 = crash when round restarts
Reply With Quote #2

Make sure Your csdm_xxxx plugisn are recompiled against AMX X 1.8.0. The best way is to do it manually on Your local PC. Just make sure You have all csdm_xxx.sma (from 2.1.1 version) files in amxmodx\scripting folder, make also sure if csdm.inc from that version is in amxmodx\scripting\include folder. If You have everything there - find the file (amxmodx\scripting folder) compile.exe (windows) or compile.sh (linux) and hit the "enter" key on it. That should start the compilation process. After finishing all *.amxx files should be in amxmodx\scripting\compiled folder - just move them to amxmodx\plugins folder. During this process CS on Your server should be stopped. Make also sure if csx and cstrike module are also from 1.8.0 package. Check also if You have the correct csdm module (csdm_amxx.dll or csdm_amxx_i386.so) - the most common mistake is - during the update process the people are trying to upload something newer while the server is running. The server has to be stopped, otherwise some files aren't really updated.
ptter
Old 12-28-2007 , 10:32   Re: AmxModX 1.8.0 + CSDM 2.1.1 = crash when round restarts
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
Make sure Your csdm_xxxx plugisn are recompiled against AMX X 1.8.0. The best way is to do it manually on Your local PC. Just make sure You have all csdm_xxx.sma (from 2.1.1 version) files in amxmodx\scripting folder, make also sure if csdm.inc from that version is in amxmodx\scripting\include folder. If You have everything there - find the file (amxmodx\scripting folder) compile.exe (windows) or compile.sh (linux) and hit the "enter" key on it. That should start the compilation process. After finishing all *.amxx files should be in amxmodx\scripting\compiled folder - just move them to amxmodx\plugins folder. During this process CS on Your server should be stopped. Make also sure if csx and cstrike module are also from 1.8.0 package. Check also if You have the correct csdm module (csdm_amxx.dll or csdm_amxx_i386.so) - the most common mistake is - during the update process the people are trying to upload something newer while the server is running. The server has to be stopped, otherwise some files aren't really updated.

I've done exactly how you said .. Still not working.

./hlds_run: line 342: 8676 Segmentation fault (core dumped) $HL_CMD
"/home/ptter/hlds/core.8676" is not a core dump: File format not recognized
No stack.
/home/ptter/hlds/debug.cmds:2: Error in sourced command file:
No frame selected.
email debug.log to [email protected]
Fri Dec 28 1603 CET 2007: Server restart in 10 seconds

I'm going craaaazy!
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-28-2007 , 11:50   Re: AmxModX 1.8.0 + CSDM 2.1.1 = crash when round restarts
Reply With Quote #4

Is this CS/CZERO steam or no-steam version? Are You using zbots?
ptter
Old 12-28-2007 , 13:58   Re: AmxModX 1.8.0 + CSDM 2.1.1 = crash when round restarts
Reply With Quote #5

it's cs, steamversion, no bots.
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-28-2007 , 14:28   Re: AmxModX 1.8.0 + CSDM 2.1.1 = crash when round restarts
Reply With Quote #6

OK - try another way.
1. Grab from my signature All-In-One package.
2. Stop CS on Your server.
3. Rename Your existing addons folder on Your server to addons_old (to have a backup of it whatever You have there).
4. Unzip all the crap from All-In-One zip file into the main "cstrike" folder (not into addons folder - the target for All-In-One is exactly "cstrike" folder).
5. Without changing any settings in any file try to start the server.

The server should start with some bots (All-In-One comes with them) - just let them to play a bit to see if everything is OK. If there is no problems - try to enable CSDM from CSDM menu or just in csdm.cfg file - then call the changelevel command to start CSDM game playing. If it works You can try add one by one plugin from Your addons_old folder. Do it until the server crashes again or until all the plugins You needed are working. If even that will not help You, I cannot help more since I don't have a linux PC.