Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Fun Stuff
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    This script enables friendly fire and allows any admin to tk anyone that isnt an admin, but blocks damage if pubbie attacks admin.
    Old 12-27-2007 , 00:48   Whack-A-Pubby
    Reply With Quote #1

Whack-A-Pubby by Addict (Too lazy to reg new name on here)

A long time standby of the servers that we host. This is a wonderful idea for enraging the unfortunate suckers that join your server. Be prepared to be called a FAGGIT and be told to GIT A LIFE/GIRLFRIEND. Name your server "NAURTO's ROLEPLAY FANTASY FRAG DOJO" or "Girl_Frag_Crew (looking for admins)" and then start doing some backstabs. Wait for reaction. Also you can type "list pubbies" and "list protected" with out quotes to list who is on which side.

I am releasing this script because Valve seems to be going out of the way to sterilize the gameplay like some sort of retarded guarantee by taking away control and information from modders and server owners. It sucks that in order to mod anymore you have to open up a debugger and write memory hacks. Modding shouldn't be like that. Thanks Sourcmod/Metamod team for saving me a lot of time.

If you look at the source you may notice that I am replenishing health to 150. Why 150? Because valve took the damage ammount value out of the damage event. If you care this deeply about accurate health you probably shouldn't be running this plugin anyway. We have playtested this on our servers by trying to cheat with it and its never effective.

Yes, I miss the CS 1.x days.

Cvars
    whackapubby_enabled (Default: 1)
    whackapubby_endtk (Default: 1 - Between rounds TK for all)
    whackapubby_blockselfdamage(Default: 0 - Blocks self damage, fun for nade jumps but easily abused)

Version 1.0.0.0 - Initial Release
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (whackapubby.sp - 2944 views - 6.6 KB)

Last edited by Duo; 12-27-2007 at 04:17.
    Duo
    Old 12-27-2007 , 01:25   Re: Whack-A-Pubby
    Reply With Quote #2

Coming soon... whackoff a pubby.
    ferret
    SourceMod Developer
    Old 12-27-2007 , 07:48   Re: Whack-A-Pubby
    Reply With Quote #3

Yes, never did understand why they removed damage from TF2's player_hurt.
    Old 12-27-2007 , 11:54   Re: Whack-A-Pubby
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ferret View Post
    Yes, never did understand why they removed damage from TF2's player_hurt.
    It's not just that, it seems like they are doing their best to circumvent giving us info. Backstabs over-ride everything and go to instantdeath. The death event is meaningless and only purpose is to show the death message at the top. It is almost like there is another interface that is passing info that its listening to instead of the normal methods that metamod has hooked. I think this is the case because even though I hooked the event Pre, the damage had already been registered by the time I was able to request the current health.

Last edited by Duo; 12-27-2007 at 12:29.
    ferret
    SourceMod Developer
    Old 12-27-2007 , 12:51   Re: Whack-A-Pubby
    Reply With Quote #5

Prehooking events doesn't mean damage has occured or not yet. It just means you're getting the event before its SENT to clients. This most likely is still after the damage was dealt. That's always been the case, not just TF2.
    Old 12-27-2007 , 14:27   Re: Whack-A-Pubby
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Prehooking events doesn't mean damage has occured or not yet. It just means you're getting the event before its SENT to clients. This most likely is still after the damage was dealt. That's always been the case, not just TF2.
    Ah, I wrote my origional plugin for CSS on valves own plugin setup (whoops) and never had to deal with the absence of the damage value. Is there a technical reason metamod can't grab events before the server registers them?
    ferret
    SourceMod Developer
    Old 12-27-2007 , 14:29   Re: Whack-A-Pubby
    Reply With Quote #7

I don't get what you mean. Metamod/Sourcemod can hook any event in TF2, and it can pre or post hook. However, the event is simply a notication to clients. It's kind of mislabelled in a way. It has no bearing on whether damage has already occured or not, or whether a player has already died or not, etc.

Blocking player_death for example won't stop player's from dying. It'll just stop the event, which causes the kill icons in the top-right. Same for player_hurt. It won't stop damage, just stop the clients knowing about it (Exactly how the client uses player_hurt is unknown to me, potentially for damage/hurt sounds and animations)
    Old 12-27-2007 , 14:49   Re: Whack-A-Pubby
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    However, the event is simply a notication to clients. It's kind of mislabelled in a way. It has no bearing on whether damage has already occured or not, or whether a player has already died or not, etc.
    Ok, that explains it. I was placing much more value on them thinking they were the things that registered the damage with the server instead of just client notifications.
    Neo_Bahamut_19
    Old 12-28-2007 , 04:51   Re: Whack-A-Pubby
    Reply With Quote #9

This may sound like a noob question, but where exactly does it pull the admins from? Could it pull them from Mani Admin?

Last edited by Neo_Bahamut_19; 12-28-2007 at 04:59.
    Extreme_One
    Veteran Member
    Old 12-28-2007 , 08:10   Re: Whack-A-Pubby
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Neo_Bahamut_19 View Post

Hey Neo_Bahamut_19 that's a really cool looking sig you have there but OMG 1.18Mb for a sig image?

lol