Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

CS:S Team Balance

Post New Thread Reply   

Tekniqal
Old 08-19-2007 , 21:20   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #91

On my server I would want it to make the teams even no matter what and if there is a odd amount of players put the extra on the losing team.
Old 08-19-2007 , 21:22   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekniqal View Post
On my server I would want it to make the teams even no matter what and if there is a odd amount of players put the extra on the losing team.
That is in there as an option already.(In the next release)

Some people said they wanted to stop people from team switching.

I am wondering how that should work.
dalto
Veteran Member
Old 08-20-2007 , 02:16   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #93

You may have noticed that updates for the team balancer come much slower than the updates for my other plugins. This is because the team balancer is much more complicated not only in the way it is written, but in the number of different situations that need to be tested. Because of this, I play test the team balancer on my public server prior to releasing any new code that effects the balancer.

I have, however, realized two things.
  • The first is that my server is very small and does not provide a fair test bed for all scenarios.
  • The second is that some people may be willing to help me play test new releases.
Effective Immediately, I will be releasing beta releases of the Team Balance plugin into this thread. Beta releases have been tested, but have not been play tested with a significant number of real players.

Anyone willing to help play test these releases should please grab them from this thread. They will not be moved to the first post until they have been play tested.

Anyone who is encountering team balancing strangeness should consider turning debugging on which will report additional information into the chat window. Specifically, kdr information. This will really help me determine what is going on.

Here we go...

New Beta Release: Version 0.9beta

Changes:
  • Updated the update stats and load stats calls to close the handles on failure
  • Update the updates stats function to use REPLACE
  • Updated the balancer so it deals with the case where the winning team is much larger but filled with crap players
  • Added sm_team_balance_maintain_size to force the balancer to balance if the teamsizes are off
  • Updated the team balance text to be green
Attached Files
File Type: zip teambalance0.9beta.zip (21.0 KB, 183 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (teambalance.sp - 500 views - 24.7 KB)
Shadowdogg
Old 08-20-2007 , 09:38   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #94

I am trying it out now.

Im guessing sm_team_balance_maintain_size has the value 1 and 0 right?

Also since I can't remember if I rebooted the server (thats usually what i do for sourcemod updates since i havn't been using it for a while). How do i reload it?
Old 08-20-2007 , 09:54   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowdogg View Post
I am trying it out now.

Im guessing sm_team_balance_maintain_size has the value 1 and 0 right?

Also since I can't remember if I rebooted the server (thats usually what i do for sourcemod updates since i havn't been using it for a while). How do i reload it?
Yes, 1 means adjust the teams to be the same size.

sm plugins unload teambalance
sm plugins load teambalance

Also, take a look at my question a few posts back about join control and let me know what you think.
Shadowdogg
Old 08-20-2007 , 12:47   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #96

Ok this is how i recon the winning team joiner should work.

A player joining the server:
* Should first be restricted to joining the team with the lowest number of players i.e. if there is 9 players on T and 8 players on CT, he should go too CT.
* If the teams are static i.e. 9 players on T and CT has 9 players also. there should be a svar that makes it so that if i.e. T has 2 winnings in a row the person should be forced onto CTs. Ofcourse is that 2 winning treshold is not reaches the player should be able to choose either team.

A player already on the server:
* If the svar set is i.e. 2 and there CT win 2 times in a row. A T cannot move over too CT. However, a CT can move over to T but only to make the teams an extra player on the other side.
* If they are not winning 2 times in a row then the player should be allowed to swap over unless the valve svar says otherwise

If that makes any sense.

One thing i would do is to force them on the side and not do like mani has done for auto assign and simply not allow you to auto assign buzzing up a message since that could be used to flood the server. Just as soon as the player selection screen is done - if they decided to choose the winning team they are forced to the other team with a centre message saying i.e. "WTJ: You are being forced onto the oppisite team." And also if they are already on the server if they try and change sides try not to make them kill themselves i.e. if they go on oppisite sides they usually die. If you could inititate the cancel instead when that is in play with another centre message saying "WTJ: You are not allowed to join the winning side."

Last edited by Shadowdogg; 08-20-2007 at 12:51.
dalto
Veteran Member
Old 08-20-2007 , 22:40   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowdogg View Post
Ok this is how i recon the winning team joiner should work.

A player joining the server:
* Should first be restricted to joining the team with the lowest number of players i.e. if there is 9 players on T and 8 players on CT, he should go too CT.
* If the teams are static i.e. 9 players on T and CT has 9 players also. there should be a svar that makes it so that if i.e. T has 2 winnings in a row the person should be forced onto CTs. Ofcourse is that 2 winning treshold is not reaches the player should be able to choose either team.

A player already on the server:
* If the svar set is i.e. 2 and there CT win 2 times in a row. A T cannot move over too CT. However, a CT can move over to T but only to make the teams an extra player on the other side.
* If they are not winning 2 times in a row then the player should be allowed to swap over unless the valve svar says otherwise

If that makes any sense.

One thing i would do is to force them on the side and not do like mani has done for auto assign and simply not allow you to auto assign buzzing up a message since that could be used to flood the server. Just as soon as the player selection screen is done - if they decided to choose the winning team they are forced to the other team with a centre message saying i.e. "WTJ: You are being forced onto the oppisite team." And also if they are already on the server if they try and change sides try not to make them kill themselves i.e. if they go on oppisite sides they usually die. If you could inititate the cancel instead when that is in play with another centre message saying "WTJ: You are not allowed to join the winning side."
This is exactly what I did. It is in version 1.0, I am testing it now.
Tekniqal
Old 08-20-2007 , 23:44   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalto View Post
Yes, 1 means adjust the teams to be the same size.

sm plugins unload teambalance
sm plugins load teambalance

Also, take a look at my question a few posts back about join control and let me know what you think.
there is "sm plugins reload teambalance" now
Old 08-21-2007 , 00:04   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #99

Ive got some errors
Code:
L 08/20/2007 - 20:20:28: SourceMod error session started
L 08/20/2007 - 20:20:28: Info (map "de_dust2") (file "errors_20070820.log")
L 08/20/2007 - 20:20:28: [SM] Native "GetPlayerWeaponSlot" reported: World not allowed
L 08/20/2007 - 20:20:28: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "teambalance.smx":
L 08/20/2007 - 20:20:28: [SM]   [0]  Line 504, teambalance.sp::SwitchTeam()
L 08/20/2007 - 20:20:28: [SM]   [1]  Line 500, teambalance.sp::SwitchTeam()
L 08/20/2007 - 20:20:28: [SM]   [2]  Line 429, teambalance.sp::BalanceTeams()
L 08/20/2007 - 20:20:28: [SM]   [3]  Line 330, teambalance.sp::EventRoundStart()
"sourcemod_version" = "1.0.0.1367"

Also it looks like the server may have crashed cuz the error log looks like it stopped abruptly
Old 08-21-2007 , 00:36   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #100

Teknigal...what version is that from?