Rock The Vote
This plugin is a standalone RTV plugin. It does not provide an end-of-map vote (1)
, nor nextmap functionality (2).
Players can say rtv or rockthevote to initiate the process. When enough votes have been cast, a menu will appear for players to choose the nextmap. At the end of that vote, the map will change. The menu consists of 4 map options and a fifth option, "Keep Current Map".
The 4 map options are chosen at random unless players have nominated maps. A player can nominate by simply saying "nominate". They will be displayed a menu with available maps to choose. 4 nominates per map are allowed, first come first serve. A player can only nominate once.
The nomination list comes from addons/sourcemod/configs/maps.ini if it exists. Otherwise, your normal map cycle file will be used.
- sm_rtv_addmap <mapname>
- Adds a map to the next RTV vote. This is like a console version of nominate, but can be used repeatedly and by rcon or a config file. If you add too many maps, it pushes the oldest ones off. Each time you add a map in this method, it will lower the number of nominatable maps as well.
- Controls how many votes are needed to begin.
- Default value is 0.60 (60%)
- Range is 0.05 (5%) to 1.0 (100%)
- Specify a map list to use for RTV. This is relative to the Sourcemod folder
- Default is "configs/maps.ini" (That is, addons/sourcemod/configs/maps.ini)
- Specifies how many maps to have in the vote, and how many nominations as a result.
- Default value is 4.
- Range is 2 to 6.
- Sets the required players online before RTV can begin
- Default value is 0.
- Range is 0 to 64
- Turns the nominate command on and off
- Default is 1, on.
- Set to 0 to turn off.
Bugs, Requests, Translations, or Other Issues
- Version 1.4
- Abandoned Hungarian notation
- Stopped RTV from triggering when last player disconnects.
- Removed LANG_SERVER wherever possible.
- Added sm_rtv_minplayers cvar
- Added sm_rtv_nominate cvar
- Added sm_rtv_addmap command.
- Fixed crashes due to small mapcycles.
- New phrase: "Minimal Players Not Met"
- New phrase: "Map Inserted"
- New phrase: "Map Already in Vote"
- Added INS say2.
- Version 1.3.1 (July 2nd)
- Fixed german translation for new phrase, thanks Isias.
- Fixed issue of rtv becoming permanently "started"
- Version 1.3 (July 1st)
- Added new cvar, sm_rtv_maps. This lets you control the number of maps in the vote. It also acts as the nomination limit. See above.
- RTV is now delayed by 30 seconds on map start. Players must wait that long until trying to start it (New phrase, get the translation file!)
- Votes needed is now recalculated each time a player connects or disconnects, rather than the first time someone says "RTV". If someone disconnects, causing the votes to be higher than the needed value, RTV will begin.
- RTV is now delayed 2 seconds after the needed votes are reached. I didn't like it immediately appearing, bugged me for some reason.
- You can now use: bind key "say rtv"
- Version 1.2 (June 20th)
- Fixed nominate command, you can now nominate until the vote is displayed.
- Changed the RTVStarted phrase slightly.
- Version 1.1 (June 29th)
- Added sm_rtv_file so that you can customize the map file without editing the plugin.
- Conformed to plugin submission rules
- Added version cvar sm_rockthevote_version
- Bots excluded from "vote required" total.
- Version 1.0
- German Translation
- Added a check for number of nominations after user picks a map, in case multiple people tried to nominate at the same time.
- Forgot to set g_bRTVEnded when it ended.
- Visual fix for when player selects current map
- Version 0.7
- Uh.. whoops. We now increment the votes when they are cast.
- Close the menu on map end, so it's ready to be rebuilt next map.
- Set g_bNominated when a player successfully nominates.. rofl.
- I shouldn't code at work.
- Version 0.6
- Fixed translation error in nomination handler
- Fixed checking client 0 for "is in game"
Please use my project area on the Allied Modders Bug Tracker
to report any issues or make requests. Your login for the bug tracker is the same as your forum login. Set the category to this plugin's name.
(1) MapChooser plugin for End Of Map: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=56714
(2) NextMap plugin for nextmap and sm_nextmap: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=56689