Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

" of the same hero with 2 different skin in 1 server?

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

D4ark
Old 02-18-2007 , 11:37   " of the same hero with 2 different skin in 1 server?

I am trying to add some more heroes to a server. Thats going fine. But i wanna add a mp5 hero, so i have 2, morpheus and another one....

Then it is the problem. I cant find another Mp5 hero. I wanna have a Mp5 hero with skin, and the same functions as Morpheus.

The thing i wondered if is possible, is to have two files of Morpheus, and put a different skin on one, and different level on them. Then it will look like it is two totally different Mp5 heroes, while they both use the same .amxx file. But i can't figure out how to do it ( and is it even possible to do it?? )

Can someone help me? ( Sorry if my english is bad, but just say if u dont understand what i mean)

Note: Im using amxx, SmartFTP, 45 levels , and plugin heroes....
broWnie_maN
Old 02-18-2007 , 16:47   Re: " of the same hero with 2 different skin in 1 server?

why dont u just download a mp5 model and change morpheus's code, add the code for a new mp5 model, rename the hero and compile it to amxx, and then u'll get another mp5 hero
D4ark
Old 02-18-2007 , 16:58   Re: " of the same hero with 2 different skin in 1 server?

Actually, that was what i ment... sorry if i was unclear.....

But how do i do it??( i got the skin, and hero....just dont know how...)
broWnie_maN
Old 02-18-2007 , 18:51   Re: " of the same hero with 2 different skin in 1 server?

i am not 100% sure, coz i am not really in to coding... if u open morpheus's .sma file u could search for the morpheus's mp5 model name, delete it and put the new model name instead of morpheus's model name... save the .sma file but rename it and compile the new .sma file add all the stuff (as cvars etc) to the different files and try it on ur server...
D4ark
Old 02-18-2007 , 20:00   Re: " of the same hero with 2 different skin in 1 server?

I tryed to just change the skin of the one i had....
I deleted morpheus_mp5.mdl, and renamed another skin the same name...
Couse i went into the .sma, and it said that it loaded that filename as model...so then i tough it would load the new skin..... But it didnt, in some way it could still load the file i deleted....

Do i have to change the .sma, and compile it and all that stuff, or is there another way???

( I found a mp5 hero, now i just wanna change the skin of morpheus, it sucks....)
D4ark
Old 03-16-2007 , 16:36   Re: " of the same hero with 2 different skin in 1 server?

I solved the problem... thanks for the help... i opened the sma, change the prechache model, and the names, then recompiled it.. thanks
mintree aka min
Old 04-05-2007 , 13:35   Re: " of the same hero with 2 different skin in 1 server?

im trying to the same thing also...... i wanted to change the morpheus model to another model i found
i tried going into the sma and change some stuff but it still dont work
plz help if u can
give me the step by step instruction
ps i also cant 100% understand how you did it

Last edited by mintree aka min; 04-05-2007 at 13:37.
mintree aka min
Old 04-05-2007 , 13:36   Re: " of the same hero with 2 different skin in 1 server?

did you changed the name of the model or the power's name??
D4ark
Old 04-05-2007 , 17:26   Re: " of the same hero with 2 different skin in 1 server?

open the sma, then change the precache model name... also change the model name further down in the sma, with switchmodel etc.. then recompile, and replace with the old morpheus... or u can change the name of the hero too, and it will look like a new hero...
Old 04-05-2007 , 18:45   Re: " of the same hero with 2 different skin in 1 server?

Please don't hijack a thread then start a new one:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=53516
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
Closed Thread