Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)

Post New Thread Reply   

jim_yang
Veteran Member
Old 01-12-2007 , 00:29   Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #11

i said guess. i didn't see the code before. really sorry for that. after looking the code, i am sure VEN means this para_ent[id]. that's the same effect as the loop i post the example code.
<team balancer#no round end#entity remover#quake sounds#fake full#maps management menu#players punishment menu#no team flash#colored flashbang#grenade trails#HE effect#spawn protection#weapon arena#weapon upgrade#auto join#no weapon drop#one name>
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 01-12-2007 , 00:35   Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #12

Oh in the prethink, yea i didn't look at it that way... good point.

And I guess with the pcvars he meant get_cvar_pointer first, then pcvar get in code?

Last edited by vittu; 01-12-2007 at 00:41.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
yaya
Old 03-10-2007 , 08:58   Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #13

Hello,
I have a small problem with the plugins parachute, when I use it with the warcraft3FT, race 1 UNDEAD lag, I can't jump any more more high and not to run more quickly.

do you have a solution?

Here plugins
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (amx_parachute.sma - 1509 views - 13.4 KB)
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 03-10-2007 , 13:03   Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #14

If you want you can see if this makes any difference in performance, I made these changes for a server. Though your issues with gravity (not speed) are because this plugin changes your gravity to act as a parachute. I suppose your gravity value could be stored when you spawn to be used as your normal gravity to reset to. For the time being change weapons and see if that helps, I know it will for speed but I don't recall if gravity is also effected when doing so.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (amx_parachute.sma - 1651 views - 13.8 KB)
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
yaya
Old 03-10-2007 , 17:08   Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #15

I tested your plugins, the problem remains the same one, I cannot jump higher once the parachute is used
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 03-10-2007 , 17:24   Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya View Post
I tested your plugins, the problem remains the same one, I cannot jump higher once the parachute is used
You complained of lag I said try the one I posted to see if it "makes any difference in performance". As it is only an optimization according to VEN's suggestions (and a cvar to disable free parachute for admins, plus fakemeta conversion).

I only gave you the cause and a hint at a fix for your issue with the gravity, not a fixed version for that. And I have no idea why you think speed was effected, since you do not explain yourself very well. I asked you to try changing weapons and you said nothing of the result. I guess I could take a look into wc3ft and see how gravity is being set.
yaya
Old 03-11-2007 , 05:35   Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #17

sorry i am french i dont all understand, you want sma wrc3?
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 03-11-2007 , 08:32   Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittu
since you do not explain yourself very well
@vittu : What it said is if he selects "undead" race thus he can jump higher and run more quickly, but once he used the parachute he cannot jump any more high nor to run quickly. Just this problem. But I think that you understood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya View Post
sorry i am french i dont all understand, you want sma wrc3?
@yaya : Ce qu'il te dit, c'est qu'il t'a donné une idée/piste du pourquoi ton problème. Et qu'il n'a aucune idée pourquoi ta vitesse est affectée. Il t'a demandé de changer d'arme et tu lui as répondu que rien n'avait changé. Et dans sa dernière phrase, il dit qu'il devrait jeter un coup d'oeil dans le code de War3ft et voir comment la gravité est définie.
Old 03-12-2007 , 02:25   Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #19

Well it should not effect his speed at all something else might be causing that (and he should just be able to change weapons to get his speed back). And as I said above I could just check the users gravity before setting it for the parachute. And reset it back to the checked gravity after the player is done parachuting, though in doing this could present possible exploits (ie. map sets gravity, use parachute keep newly set gravity until death)

I did take a look in wc3 and gravity is only set on spawn for undead, but the item that you can buy gets set when you buy it (and new spawn if you didn't die), so that could be a problem as well.

Though seeing as he wants it that way I could make it so it does what I said and it should fix his problem for the most part. It's not hard to change, but let me find some free time to do it in while I'm not working on an sh update. I will edit this post and post it here so as not to create a new post for it.

----------------
Edit: Ok try this and see if it helps, it checks/saves your gravity whenever you use the parachute... (also added a check against using parachute in water in this one) Untested but should be fine.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (amx_parachute.sma - 1936 views - 14.4 KB)

Last edited by vittu; 03-14-2007 at 23:31.
yaya
Old 03-12-2007 , 06:51   Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #20

ok thx,
I tried to change weapon but the problem is always present, the only solution to recover gravity is to make a frag, but if one uses the parachute again the problem return.

I awaits your news, they are sympathetic with you to look at