Server Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging)
- a Server Rules plugin
This plugin is Dahvid's
Agreement plugin, that got Unapproved previously...because it did not work well. so gonna attempt to get it Approved, because i feel all the other Approved server-rules management plugins cant beat Dahvid's concept. There's only 2 other 'rules-specific' plugins around from what i searched.. both use HUD Text
, where people complain "disappears within a second", unknowing that the cause is because of the limited HUD Text layers/channels.
Dahvid's method solves that at best. The rules are shown in a MOTD
, so there's unlimited time given to players to absorb the rules fully.
See Here for the original plugin:
What this plugin does:
The plugin will pop up a menu to players that join the server, asking them if they "Agree" or "Decline" your server rules. If they Agree, they will be logged and never be asked again.
If they Decline, they will be kick instantly, and if they reconnect, they will automatically be kicked again after 60 seconds.
They have to find an admin to clear their deeds if they wish to indeed play on the server.
This feature is here to make sure that all players that play on your server dont just "simply agree"... Players will be discouraged from blindly accepting your server rules.
The plugin auto-generates "Agreed.ini" & "Declined.ini" in your moddir/addons/amxmodx/configs
- amx_removedecline "<STEAM_ID>" //- Removes player from Declined log, so the player stops getting kicked again and again for Declining the server rules.
**Alternate Version Included**
created an alternate version upon request.
This version of the plugin does the same thing as the other one, except for the entire Declined feature.
- No "Declined logging", no need for amx_removedeclined command.
- Player gets kicked if he/she Disagrees, no more admins needed to 'clear' the player
- Player will be asked again to accept the rules upon reconnect.
- Create a "rules.txt" and place it in your moddir
This is what will be shown to your clients.
- rules.txt can be written in HTML format.
- Dahvid for original source
- xxAvalanchexx for helping out with optimizing the code in the 1st cycle.
- me? further updated plugin(s) to what it is now.
Tested on my linux server, latest amxx, works fully, logging works perfect.
- Create simpler removedecline methods.. currently Admins have to figure out (ask/status) the client's SteamID to clear the player from the 'Declined' list. would be nice if we could somehow have it like other amx commands where all we need is a portion of the user's nick and it will autodetect.