Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Custom config files

Post New Thread Reply   

[-co2-]==xaero
Old 02-01-2007 , 13:32   Custom config files
Reply With Quote #1

i have just downloaded and installed your newest deathmatch mod and it works great, now for the last little while i have decided to experiment with hosting a counter strike server on my computer. what i am trying to do is download as many different mods for css as i can... now the problem i am having is that with this i have to turn one mod off and then turn another on.... acctually thats not the problem.. that works great as well.. but i was on one server with gun game and deathmatch working together and loved this idea. no i can easily just run both but i don't want the guns menu obtainable becasue that just over rides the gun game. what i need is to be able to make a config file that i can execute to change settings in deathmatch after it is already running. that way i can have menu = x in the script to turn that menu off but when i run deathmatch by its self i can put menu = ps so that it will be back... i figure somewhere in the server.dll file is where the reference to the cssdm.cfg lays but i haven't tried getting a .dll reader yet. is what i am trying possible? can you add this to a future version? please contact me at [email protected] since i may get side tacked and forget where i posted. thanks
steveo
Old 02-01-2007 , 14:56   Re: Custom config files
Reply With Quote #2

I think u can just turn off the guns menu ....meaning all i did was just
redo the settings in the cssdm.cfg file

[-co2-]==xaero
Old 02-07-2007 , 10:45   Re: Custom config files
Reply With Quote #3

you don't quite understand what im asking, sure that will disable the menu and the server will run as gun game and deathmatch... but without turning the server off i want to run another script to turn gun gameoff and bring the DM gun menu back.
BAILOPAN
Old 02-08-2007 , 16:34   Re: Custom config files
Reply With Quote #4

This functionality exists. Read the FAQ.