Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Unstable~Gravity

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:   Fun Stuff        Approver:   devicenull (200)
liOVERLOADil
Old 07-30-2004 , 12:52   Unstable~Gravity
Reply With Quote #1

This plugin generates dynamic gravity changes on you're server.
It can be set to run on round start, looped, or even ran a single
time from the server command line. Plugin is VERY configurable.

Still don't understand? Take a look at the graph below.

http://www.amxmodx.org/forums/download.php?id=2082

Code:
//-Unstable Gravity- Version 1.5x by OVERLOAD // //This program will generate a random point between two configureable numbers. //The program will then gradually change the server gravity until it reaches this point. //Once the program reaches the point, it will then wait a configureable ammount of seconds //and generate a new point. // //Note: Gravity_Refresh_Time is the ammount of time (Seconds in 0.0) that it will delay in updating //the server gravity. The lower the seconds in Gravity_Refresh_Time the more CPU it will take. // // // -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- // //  29Jul04 //  //  Major Update //  //  - Gravity Calculations have been completely re-written. //    In the codeing before, the gravity changed from point A to point B //    in a straight line, now it curves the closer it get to //    point B. As an added bonus, the program is MUCH faster. //  - Added many, many cvars in which to configure the plugin with. //  - Added a help menu. //  - Added options to disable the in game gravity messages. //  - Added server messages, and an option to disable them. //  - Changed all variables to floats for continuity. // // ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- // // 17Aug04 // // Minor Fix // // - A round-start server message fixed. // #include <amxmodx>

Suggestions and additions are always welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uggraph.gif
Views:	1729
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	1150  
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (unstable_gravityx.sma - 2214 views - 6.8 KB)
Old 07-30-2004 , 13:46  
Reply With Quote #2

mmm sounds like fun.
Old 07-31-2004 , 18:43  
Reply With Quote #3

Check out the bomb ass graph I made in mspaint.exe!
Old 08-01-2004 , 15:46  
Reply With Quote #4

Sexy plugin, im givin this a go.
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 08-01-2004 , 16:02  
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by liOVERLOADil
Check out the bomb ass graph I made in mspaint.exe!
lmfao that cool and funny.... lol " hey check it out I can jump higher every few seconds.. then splat.. right up against the cieling.. lol...
Old 08-15-2004 , 23:21  
Reply With Quote #6

Update.
Old 12-07-2004 , 00:33  
Reply With Quote #7

ow do u choose wut the gravity changes between.
Send a message via AIM to Vash5680|Kr3w|
Vash5680|Kr3w|
Old 12-07-2004 , 00:40  
Reply With Quote #8

how do u choose wut the gravity changes between.
Send a message via AIM to Vash5680|Kr3w|
dangerix
Old 05-10-2010 , 12:14   Re: Unstable~Gravity
Reply With Quote #9

I tried the plugin and the "unstable gravity" does work with the run on roundstart mode (amx_gravround 1). However, with the loop mode (amx_gravloop 1) it does not. I looked into the code, but my basic understanding of scripting got even worse over the time. If amx_gravloop is activated, every amx_gravstab seconds the gravity should change - but it does not. I thought there might be something wrong with the set_task in line 137 that is supposed to be the timer for amx_gravstab:
PHP Code:
set_task(Gravity_Leveled_Time,"Pre_Generate",1,"",0,"a"0
There are more set_task in the code that use the "a" flag, but they are set to repeat once. This set_task is not, so I changed it to:
PHP Code:
set_task(Gravity_Leveled_Time,"Pre_Generate",1,"",0,"a"1
and it looks like it does work now. But as I said, my very little understanding of scripting became even less - so I would like someone competent to look over the code and my change, and to tell me that my change will work fine and does not produce any problems. Thanks in advance.