Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Handicap Mod

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   Fun Stuff        Approver:   Hawk552 (427)
Rolnaaba
Veteran Member
Old 10-26-2006 , 10:07   Handicap Mod
Reply With Quote #1

Handicap Mod

What It Does
-When you get a certain amount of kills it lowers your health to handicap you for challenge and to help others

Cvars
-amx_1stminkills (determins the minimum amount of kills to be had to lose the amount of health equal to the amx_1sthealth cvar [default = 5] )

-amx_1stmaxkills (determins the maximum amount of kills to be had to lose the amount of health equal to the amx_1sthealth cvar [defualt = 10] )

-amx_2ndminkills (determins the minimum amount of kills to be had to lose the amount of health equal to the amx_2ndhealth cvar [default = 11] )

-amx_2ndmaxkills (determins the maximum amount of kills to be had to lose the amount of health equal to the amx_2ndhealth cvar [default = 20] )

-amx_maxkills (determins the amount of kills to be equal to or greater than to lose the amount of health equal to the amx_3rdhealth cvar [defualt = 21] )

-amx_1sthealth (determins the amount of health you have if you kill a number of people between the 1stminkills and 1stmaxkills cvars [default = 80] )

-amx_2ndhealth (determins the amount of health you have if you kill a number of people between the 1stminkills and 1stmaxkills cvars [default = 60] )

-amx_3rdhealth (determins the amount of health you have if you kill a number of people equal to or above the maxkills cvar [default = 40] )

Handicap Mod2

What It Does
-The number of kills you have that determin your handicap start over each round unlike the other that lasts all map.

Cvars
-amx_1sthealth (if you get 3-5 kills in a row you start with this amount of health [default = 80] )

-amx_2ndhealth (if you get 6-8 kills inn a row you start with this amount of health [default = 60] )

-amx_3rdhealth (if you get 9 or more kills in a row you start with this amount of health [default = 40] )

*NOTE* kills carry over through rounds untill you die!

*Credits* to KaoS for help on Handicap Mod and Handicap Mod2
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (handicap_mod.sma - 2385 views - 2.2 KB)
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (handicap_mod2.sma - 2297 views - 2.2 KB)

Last edited by Rolnaaba; 07-17-2007 at 16:05.
godlike
Old 10-26-2006 , 11:14   Re: Handicap Mod
Reply With Quote #2

im sry what does it do ?

Any questions about amxx PM me
Soulseker
Old 10-26-2006 , 11:31   Re: Handicap Mod
Reply With Quote #3

it "handicap" your health if u killed more then 5-,10-,20- kills
on a new round i think
Rolnaaba
Veteran Member
Old 10-26-2006 , 12:00   Re: Handicap Mod
Reply With Quote #4

correct soul, it lowers the health of those who kill more to give atvantage to newbs and challenge to advanced
Old 10-26-2006 , 14:38   Re: Handicap Mod
Reply With Quote #5

This isnt very practical.

Everyone will eventually get to those defined kill numbers.

Why?

Because you are just grabbing there current frags upon new round.

You should instead add to a global player var for every kill they receive.

If at new round they have x amount of kills, then add the handicap.

On death, reset there global kill var to zero and have it start over.

Why is this better?

With your current setup, eventually EVERYONE will be starting with the altered health fix, not just the "advanced" players.
Rolnaaba
Veteran Member
Old 10-27-2006 , 08:11   Re: Handicap Mod
Reply With Quote #6

organized I want the handicap to be reset on map change not on round start it isnt if you kill this many in a row its if you get that many frags a map, which most newbs dont besides if you want the people with 5 kills not to be punished but change the 5kill cvar to 100 I do know what I am doing but thanks
Old 10-27-2006 , 09:32   Re: Handicap Mod
Reply With Quote #7

Code:
public event_new_round() {         for(new i=0;i<=get_maxplayers();i++) {                 new killer = g_killer[i]         g_killer[i]=0                 if(is_user_connected(i) && killer) {                         if(get_user_frags(killer) >= 5 && get_user_frags(killer) <= 10) {                 new kills = get_user_frags(killer)                 new health = get_cvar_num("amx_5kills")                                 set_user_health(killer, health)                 client_print(killer, print_chat, "For having %i kills you will start with %i helath", kills, health)             }             else if(get_user_frags(killer) >= 11 && get_user_frags(killer) <= 20) {                 new kills = get_user_frags(killer)                 new health = get_cvar_num("amx_11kills")                                 set_user_health(killer, health)                 client_print(killer, print_chat, "For having %i kills you will start with %i helath", kills, health)             }             else if(get_user_frags(killer) >= 21) {                 new kills = get_user_frags(killer)                 new health = get_cvar_num("amx_21kills")                                 set_user_health(killer, 40)                 client_print(killer, print_chat, "For having %i kills you will start with %i helath", kills, health)             }         }     } }

Even a noob can get more than 5 kills in a map.

This whole section runs on every new round.

Let's break it down. A server will usually run a map for about 30 mins.

30 mins is a lot of time, even for a noob to get five kills.

Once the noob gets 5 kills or more, they will start every round after that with 80hp. The noob has now been handicapped. Granted your plugin does check if the player killed someone but even if a person killed someone then died, they would still be stored as g_killer until the new round.

Another variable to consider.....bomb success/defuse rewards.

For every successfull bomb explosion/defusion, the player is awarded +3 frags.

Now, lets say they have 1 frag at new round. Player kills one player. Now 2 frags. Player plants bomb and successfully explodes. Player is now stored as g_killer and is awarded 3 frags for bomb explosion. Now although the players frag count is 5, they only actually got 1 frag. So now the player is being "handicapped" for doing his map objective.

After about 15 mins of maptime, everyone will be starting with 60 hp or less.

You said you want the handicap reset on mapchange, but your plugin constantly runs and checks every new round for current frag count then proceeds to set each players health based on what their current frag count is. So actually, your plugin isnt reseting the handicap every map change.

Please refer to my first post.

Last edited by organizedKaoS; 10-27-2006 at 09:38.
k007
BANNED
Old 10-27-2006 , 09:46   Re: Handicap Mod
Reply With Quote #8

make the frags determined by a cvar
Send a message via MSN to k007
Rolnaaba
Veteran Member
Old 10-27-2006 , 10:26   Re: Handicap Mod
Reply With Quote #9

@koo7
working on it ;)
Veteran Member
Old 10-27-2006 , 10:27   Re: Handicap Mod
Reply With Quote #10

organized are frags not reset upon mapchange and therefor when checked after map change = 0?

Last edited by Rolnaaba; 10-27-2006 at 10:48.