Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

PTBx Broken

JCap334
Old 08-24-2006 , 19:15   PTBx Broken

Thanks to VALVe's new Steam Update, PTBx no longer loads up, at least not on my Linux Server. I don't know what I would do without PTBx, please fix it for us XAD!!
stuttering.john.gc
Old 08-24-2006 , 19:57   Re: PTBx Broken

confirmed on windows, too.
Old 08-24-2006 , 22:06   Re: PTBx Broken

*sigh*

Hope ya read this XAD, we need an update please.
tsuehpsyde
Old 08-24-2006 , 22:24   Re: PTBx Broken

Same problem here Hopefully we can get an update to fix this, PTBx has been a pretty solid part of our plugin lineup @ sK.
Send a message via AIM to tsuehpsyde
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 08-25-2006 , 00:27   Re: PTBx Broken

don't pester the developer(s) will have their plugins fixed as soon as they can, pestering only worsens the problem when they have to take time away from their coding to tell you they're working on it ;). It'll be fixed, just be patient.

personally, I'd prefer the devs not post simple "I know I'm working on its" and have them code, wouldn't you?
JCap334
Old 08-25-2006 , 10:51   Re: PTBx Broken

Until XAD can find a fix for PTBx, I'm using the less functional, but still practical ETB (Eric's Team Balancer), which you can find at:

http://www.brandtshaft.com/modules.p...ewtopic&t=2072

Thank god that nearly 2 year old plugin still works!

XAD, we look forward to your fixed PTBx because it is THE best team balancer ever made.
Tirppa
Old 08-25-2006 , 16:03   Re: PTBx Broken

Yap.. not working..

sure hope XAD still has time to fix it even though he has abandoned active developement of this plugin.
[Arnold]
Old 08-25-2006 , 16:29   Re: PTBx Broken

If he really quit from development it would be great to have the sourcecode released as a final contribution to the community.
JCap334
Old 08-25-2006 , 16:43   Re: PTBx Broken

He may have stopped development, but I'm sure that won't stop him from fixing it, I hope!
K2
Old 08-25-2006 , 21:35   Re: PTBx Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMongoose View Post
don't pester the developer(s) will have their plugins fixed as soon as they can, pestering only worsens the problem when they have to take time away from their coding to tell you they're working on it ;). It'll be fixed, just be patient.

personally, I'd prefer the devs not post simple "I know I'm working on its" and have them code, wouldn't you?
Pestering would be something like emailing them every 10 min asking for a fix, or leaving msg after msg after msg, etc etc.

I dunno how long it takes YOU to type, but leaving a simple msg such as 'hey folks, I've seen your requests and I'm working on an update (or not)' takes all of 10 seconds.

And if it's true that XAD has dropped support/development of PTBx altogether, then yeah, posting the source code so someone else could take over would be the right thing to do.