* by [gOf]-Soul from http://www.gofclan.org
* This is a very simple plugin I wrote to easily control my admin access
* based on phpbb user groups. With 7 servers it became very frustrating
* to keep up to date on who had what admin access to which servers. This
* allows us to do clan tag protection and clan recruitment tag protection
* on our servers to make sure only authorized people are wearing those tags.
* By using a clan tag protect plugin and given them the
* appropriate admin flags
* It also allows us to remove people from the clan and they automatically
* have their admin privs removed once they are removed from the admin
* groups on the forums.
* **WARNING** **WARNING** **WARNING** **WARNING** **WARNING**
* This plugin will overwrite your existing users.ini
* file. It does this so that if ever your database
* is unable to be reached there will be a cached version
* of your admin setup on the server so that people still
* retain their current admin.
* Admins arent granted access immediately through mysql and the forum plugin.
* It takes one map change for new admins to be picked up and for old admins to
* be removed from the system.
* I place this plugin above the admin.amxx plugin in the plugins.ini file
* The first time the plugin loads it cannot connect to the database. I assume
* because maybe some of the helper portions for db access has not been loaded
* yet. I have never tested this plugin down below where custom plugins
* normally go.
* AmxModX 1.75 and higher
* Mysql DB
* Forums Supported:
* PhpBB Forums
* Will support more forums is provided with tables and structure I need to hit
* To Install:
* Create bbmod.cfg file in your configs directory with the following information
* Enter your values for the sql host, username, password, database and your
* database prefix.
* If you leave the default value for the bbmod_prefix then two tables will
* be created in your database
bbmod_version <- Used to keep track from update to update for any
possible database structure updates (automatic)
bbmod_linker <- Used to link your phpbb.user_id with your steamid
may integreate some type of forum stats in the future
if people are interested
* Create "groups.ini" in your configs directory in the following format:
* "phpbb forum group" "access flags being granted" (one line per group)
"Clan Leaders" "acdefghijku"
"Senior Admins" "cdefijku"
"Junior Admins" "cdeiu"
"Clan Members" "it"
"RS All" "b"
* amx_setsteamid usage
* amx_setsteamid "your username here" "your password here"
* Each person or "clan member" in our case must run the amx_setsteamid
* command. Once they do that a forum link between their steamid and their
* forum user id will be created. Next map change if they deserve any admin
* flags based on their usergroup membership they will automatically be
* given the appropriate flags
* Plugin advertisment can be managed by the advert area of the config file
* bbmod_advert_show (1|0) // 1 = on, 0 = off
* bbmod_advert_frequency 10.0 // number of minutes between advertisement popups
* bbmod_advert_delay 2.0 // number of miunutes to wait before showing first
* bbmod_advert_format (1|2) // 1 = client print, 2 = hud message, 2 = default
* bbmod_advert_dontannoy (1|0) // 1 = annoy the heck out of them, 0 = only show advert once
* // if dontannoy is set to 1 then advert frequency is ignored
* 1.1c (08-05-2006)
-Added advert config information to the config file. To give a little more
control as to how the adverts behave. Defaults to non annoying mode.
-Moved the advert to the client_connect to only show it once per map if
the client has not linked their steamid
-Changed the name from Soul's DB Mod to Bulletin Board Admin Mod
* 1.1b (07-27-2006)
-Fixed the amx_setsteamid command so that everyone could run it.
-Updated documentation with the amx_setsteamid needed information
* 1.1a (07-27-2006)
-Removing debugging output code
-Added automatic table creation code
-Modified to new SQL version to eliminate studdering for remote sql server
-Added amx_setsteamid command that players run to automatically link their
forum account with their steamid
* 1.0 (12-12-2005)
* -Initial creation
// AUTHOR'S ADDITIONAL COMMENTS //
Open to all suggestions at this time. Although we don't use stats on our server
I may end up working some type of stats integration up. Would consider something
non-obtrusive in a regular php config. I don't like modifying phpbb config files
so would consider "graphics generation" link to give forum users that would allow
them to show their current stats/ranking information in their signature.
I suggest this might possibly work with hlstats because it takes a long time to copy
amxmodx stats information for 2k people out to the database from inside amxmodx
this is not an option for those of us that use remote mysql databases.