Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Weapon Arena v2.0.4

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   Fun Stuff        Approver:   Freecode (7)
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 06-28-2006 , 22:27   Weapon Arena v2.0.4
Reply With Quote #1

Lets admin start an "<insert your favourite weapon here> arena" which means that everyone will instantly be given specified weapon,
and infinite (optional) ammo for it. By default no other weapons will be visible on ground in game. As long as Weapon Arena is enabled
you can't change to any other weapon than the given one, grenades, knife or C4. Upon new round you will be given a new weapon, if you
lost your previous... Upon default you will not even have to reload any clips - you will always have bullets to fire! This can be changed
with a cvar.
...and more features.

============================================= ============

Thanks to JGHG for writing this plugin orginally. I have permissions to take over the development of it and so far have fixed some bugs. I hope to get the code really cleaned up and optimized at some point and also merge in HE Arena.

Changelog:

Code:
VERSIONS
========
v2.0.4 - JTP10181 - 09/16/06
 - Fixed a few small bugs from the last version
v2.0.3 - JTP10181 - 08/06/06
 - Fixed MOTD and console output
 - Ported fully to fakemeta
 - Merged in HE Arena
 - Force weapon drop at each new round to prevent having multiple primaries
v2.0.2 - JTP10181 - 07/01/06
 - Now gives full backpack ammo in shield arena with unlimited ammo off
v2.0.1 - JTP10181 - 06/13/06
 - Fixed shield arena
 - Made it impossible to have a 0 delay because it causes problems
v2.0 - JTP10181 - 05/08/06
 - Fixed runtime error caused by alive spectators, now basically ignores these people
 - Fixed runtime error trying to set ammo on weapon entity 0
v1.9.9 - JTP10181 - 04/04/06
 - Fixed runtime error in "disabled" from get_user_team
v1.9.8 - JTP10181 - 03/23/06
 - Fixed runtime error in holdwpn_event that was reported in 2004 ;)
Usage and CVARS:

USAGE
=====
weaponarena_menu
----------------
(client command) Menu driven weapon selection. Only for connected clients, that have access ADMIN_CFG. Use it to start and stop Weapon Arena in an easy way. There is a subset of menus to select which weapons will be selected in random mode.
weaponarena_randomlist
----------------------
(client/server command) Displays what weapons are available for random mode. When run from command line it also displays the letters used to specify these when changing the random setting from command line.
It may look like this on STEAM, though you'd want to double check it to make sure the letters are the same:
Weapon status letter
p228 off a
scout off b
hegrenade on c
xm1014 off d
mac10 off e
aug off f
elite off g
fiveseven off h
ump45 on i
sg550 off j
galil off k
famas off l
usp off m
glock18 off n
awp off o
mp5navy off p
m249 off q
m3 off r
m4a1 off s
tmp off t
g3sg1 off u
deagle off v
sg552 off w
ak47 off x
knife off y
p90 off z
weaponarena_random <abc...> [save]
----------------------------------
(client/server command) Specify what weapons will be available in random mode through command line/config files. To see which weapon has which letter, do a "weaponarena_randomlist".
If "save" is specified as 2nd parameter, this command also stores the current setting to AMX Mod X vault which means that it will be loaded again when next map starts,
so no need of executing this command again if you want to keep the same setting.
If no record exists in vault this will default to all weapons enabled. If no weapons are enabled when random mode executes, it will always select Knife Arena.
A complete line for steam: "weaponarena_random abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz" and for won: (old and outdated :-/).
weaponarena <weaponnumber|random|list|off>
------------------------------------------
(client/server command) Specify a valid weaponnumber as argument, to turn it on, or change current weapon type if Weapon Arena is already on. Specify "random" to automatically change
current Weapon Arena weapon on every new round. Will enable Weapon Arena if it is disabled. Specify "list" to have a list of valid weapon numbers in a "message of the day" window
(or in server console). Specify "off" to turn Weapon Arena off.
Examples:
weaponarena off
(Turns it off)
weaponarena 10
(Starts Weapon Arena with Berettas)
weaponarena list
(Displays valid weapon numbers)
weaponarena random
(Starts Weapon Arena, making a random selection of gun
for every new round to give to all players.)
weaponarena_unlimitedammo
-------------------------
(cvar) Values:
0 - to disable unlimited ammo. You will receive full ammo at round start.
1 - to enable unlimited ammo, AND you will NOT have to reload any clips, so you can fire forever without reloading! This is default.
2 - to enable unlimited ammo, but you will have to reload inbetween clips.
weaponarena_invisibleweapons
----------------------------
(cvar) Values:
0 - to disable all weapons but current Arena weapon from going invisible. You might want to use this if playing with bots: some bots still "see" the weapons (they are still there, just invisible and you can't touch them), and get stuck when they can't pick them up.
1 - to enable all weapons but current Arena weapon to go invisible. This is default.
weaponarena_delay
-----------------
(cvar) Standard delay of seconds from the time a player spawns until he receives the weapon.
Don't set to anything other than 0 (default) if you aren't having any problems. You might
want to set this to 1.5 or something for maps consisting of player_weaponstrip entities.
These maps, like ka_matrix and ka_legoland, usually make it so you lose your glock/usp at
round starts, and sometimes you are given other weapons. This interferes with Weapon Arena.
To have different configs for specific maps, put a cfg file inside amxmodx/configs/maps directory,
create it if you don't have it. For a specific cfg file for ka_legoland.bsp, your file could have this name:
amxmodx/configs/maps/ka_legoland.cfg, and it could contain this: weaponarena_delay 1.0
weaponarena_holdknife
---------------------
(cvar) Values:
0 - when a player tries to hold a weapon that is not the current Arena weapon, he will be forced to drop it. (default)
1 - when a player tries to hold a weapon that is not the current Arena weapon, he will be forced to hold the knife.
weaponarena_randomteamspecific
------------------------------
(cvar) Values:
0 - in random mode, the two teams will always get the same weapon.
1 - in random mode, the two teams will randomly have one of the defined available weapons independent of the other team (deagle VS scout scenarios etc). (default)
weaponarena_stealrandomteam
---------------------------
(cvar) Values:
0 - with random arena and weaponarena_randomteamspecific set to 1, you CANNOT steal the other team's weapon.
1 - with random arena and weaponarena_randomteamspecific set to 1, you CAN steal the other team's weapon. Only if you killed an enemy with it, not a weapon
that is on ground from map start (think fy_iceworld). (default)

My Babbling....
OK... this post is ugly, I just want to get the plugin up here for people to use. There are probably an infinite ammount of bugs left in this plugin due to the insane ammount of code and its still confusing to me.

Required Modules:
  • Fun
  • CStrike
  • Fakemeta
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (weaponarena.sma - 13136 views - 88.0 KB)

Last edited by jtp10181; 09-16-2006 at 12:01.
Send a message via ICQ to jtp10181 Send a message via AIM to jtp10181 Send a message via MSN to jtp10181 Send a message via Yahoo to jtp10181
SubStream
Veteran Member
Old 06-28-2006 , 22:29   Re: Weapon Arena v2.0.1
Reply With Quote #2

It's always good to see the rebirth of a plugin JGHG originally wrote .. and by doing so this would make all the other ones that do similar things pale in comparison because this appears to have more options than all the weapon arena plugins I've seen before.

Good stuff.
Bo0m!
Veteran Member
Old 06-28-2006 , 22:32   Re: Weapon Arena v2.0.1
Reply With Quote #3

Finally got around to posting it. Good Job

Just a suggestion: Include your fixed HE Arena to the post, since it is used in the plugin.

Last edited by Bo0m!; 06-28-2006 at 22:42.
Send a message via AIM to Bo0m! Send a message via MSN to Bo0m! Send a message via Yahoo to Bo0m!
Silver Dragon
Veteran Member
Old 06-30-2006 , 09:39   Re: Weapon Arena v2.0.1
Reply With Quote #4

One problem, nades still do not work.

Send a message via AIM to Silver Dragon Send a message via MSN to Silver Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Dragon
Nothinghk
Old 06-30-2006 , 15:09   Re: Weapon Arena v2.0.1
Reply With Quote #5

One problems in the shield arena, the hand gun go not get enough ammo..
the deagle just get 7 ammo if don't turn on unlimited ammo, how can I fix it?
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 06-30-2006 , 18:50   Re: Weapon Arena v2.0.1
Reply With Quote #6

you think they should get full backpakcs of ammo? I can do that, maybe this weekend.

Quote:
One problem, nades still do not work.
you need HE Arena. I fixed some bugs in that also and I attached it above.

Last edited by jtp10181; 07-01-2006 at 00:37.
Send a message via ICQ to jtp10181 Send a message via AIM to jtp10181 Send a message via MSN to jtp10181 Send a message via Yahoo to jtp10181
Gunny
Old 07-02-2006 , 17:57   Re: Weapon Arena v2.0.2
Reply With Quote #7

Awesome, I will update my servers
TEAM FORTRESS 2 - 70.85.30.25:27015
COUNTER-STRIKE SOURCE - 70.85.30.22:27015
COUNTER-STRIKE SOURCE DEATH MATCH - 70.85.30.23:27015
ogkinetic1
Old 07-08-2006 , 00:37   Re: Weapon Arena v2.0.2
Reply With Quote #8

the plugin is unknown bad file

216.240.148.31:27025 .Tk. Server DEATHMATCH
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2006 , 11:26   Re: Weapon Arena v2.0.2
Reply With Quote #9

all bad loads create an error, if you have not upgrade to amxx 1.75a yet, you should do that.
Old 08-06-2006 , 09:01   Re: Weapon Arena v2.0.2
Reply With Quote #10

I'm still showing version 2.01 after downloading and compiling the .sma today. Checked the .sma text file and it's listed as 2.0.1

Where can I update to v2.0.2?

Thanks
Steve