Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Rate Checker

Post New Thread Reply   

[Arnold]
Old 12-18-2005 , 05:05   Rate Checker
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,

I'd like to have a plugin to check players net settings and keep the values inside prescriptive limits (settable via cfg file, so they can be altered by the admin). Meanwhile I see lots of players on my servers pull down their cl_cmdrate, lag around and make themselfes hard to defeat. For I am no coder this is a kind request, but perhaps others might find such a plugin useful as well.

Regards

Arnold
awuh0
Old 12-18-2005 , 10:13  
Reply With Quote #2

http://mattie.info/cs/forums/viewtopic.php?t=381
find a better way to play CSS, connect to...
thewuh.servebeer.com
thecircus.servebeer.com
Send a message via ICQ to awuh0 Send a message via AIM to awuh0 Send a message via MSN to awuh0
[Arnold]
Old 12-18-2005 , 21:31  
Reply With Quote #3

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I already know about the possibility to use Matties Event Script for this. But as Mattie himself stated: there is no support for high tickrate servers on his plugin. Above this, it is not a SourceMM plugin, is it?

Arnold
ichthys
Veteran Member
Old 12-18-2005 , 23:46  
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Arnold
]Sorry, I forgot to mention that I already know about the possibility to use Matties Event Script for this. But as Mattie himself stated: there is no support for high tickrate servers on his plugin. Above this, it is not a SourceMM plugin, is it?

Arnold
It didnt work for you? I've only heard of people having problems with C4 countdown scripts because the beep intervals were different.
Old 12-19-2005 , 07:02  
Reply With Quote #5

Some time ago I used Matties Event Script on my server (with C4 Countdown and the Bet Script), but I had to face serious performance problems (lags). I did some research and lots of folks told me, that MES on high tickrate server is not a good idea and would cause my problems while Mattie himself said, he never affirmed to support such.

This is sad, because people loved those extensions. But performance counts, so now I want to take a more "unix-like" approach and use small and specific SMM plugins for a single task.

Arnold
morxxx
Old 12-24-2005 , 21:00  
Reply With Quote #6

http://justbi0.de/cb/
Cvarblock has a ratechecker
have to type cvarblock_check "name"
greets
[Arnold]
Old 12-25-2005 , 06:22  
Reply With Quote #7

You are right, cvarblock brings a rate checker. But it doesn't alter rates automatically. It is basically a tool to check that client settings meet the European Sports League (ESL) prescriptions, but this does not include the players rates.

If it is only for the checking I could also use Mani Admin Plugin (ma_rates). What I was looking for was a tool that alters rates automatically, so that I don't need to remind/kick/ban dozens of players a day.

Arnold
andre31
Old 12-28-2005 , 02:57  
Reply With Quote #8

this would be handy, if it just set cmdrate to the default 30 when a client joined. updaterate can be set by the server as it overrides the clients settings.

altering the cmdrate does effect how much info you send to the server so why not make that command a server side setting and not client