Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

TerraStats Plugin

imported_EviL_GoD
Old 09-06-2005 , 15:56  

the only thing i ask in this new release is that u change what u type to find out stats...and make it like /rank or /stats etc.........
kylratix
Old 09-07-2005 , 23:54  

sphinx:
Yeah, I think I'll put out a really basic but viewable web-page this release. It won't be near to what is planned, but at least people will be able to view it.

evil_god:
Will do. I've been getting enough requests about that where I'll just make it customizeable using the config. The config will allow for people to specify an optional general delimiter (like 'ts.'), to prevent conflicts with other mods if needed, as well as specify the exact command name.

I've been working on it for about an hour a day during the week, so something is definitely a-brewing.
Send a message via AIM to kylratix Send a message via MSN to kylratix
Road Kill
Old 09-08-2005 , 21:52   Glad to see this is still alive

What forum would you prefer we use?

Because I was thinking this was a dead project, I started to pick up this project just for my servers. In doing so, I found a couple small bugs that have recently been reported on the wiki bug report.

Ah well, just glad to see you are back at this great project.

Thanks
peagle
Old 09-09-2005 , 00:49  

Ditto, I've been awaiting your return =) This is the most viable server/web integrated stats plugin I've seen.
Send a message via MSN to peagle
kylratix
Old 09-11-2005 , 02:38  

I want to go back to how the project started and just use this SourceMod thread - old-school. Part of what added to the overload last semester was having to manage a seperate website just for the project. Besides, SourceMod is really where this project went public anyway.

Bug reporting should go here, since it often requires a dialogue to find the problem.

Feature requests should be posted on the Wiki as well as questions that you feel might be of use to others in the FAQ. It's easier to search a FAQ than a forum thread for such things.
kylratix
Old 09-25-2005 , 02:09  

Now that I'm focusing on the web-site portion of the package, I need a talented web designer or two who are very proficient in Strict-DTD XHTML and CSS2.

The project is under the GPL, thus all designs will become public domain. However, contributors will be well documented and cited.

Potential designers should email me at [email protected], preferably with links to examples of their work.
andymayer
Old 10-08-2005 , 08:19  

Hi kylratix. I've been following this project with great interest. But I would like to know more about the approach used for recording and distributing the stats.

Am I right in thinking that the plugin captures gameplay data in real time, and records the results to a flat file on the game server? Then the php api parses the flat file and inserts the data into a MySql database? So how does the flat file on the game server get to become a flat file on the webserver? Do they have to be the same physical machine, or is there some file copying going on somewhere?

Thanks for your help!
p@tneze
Old 10-27-2005 , 06:18  

Hi all,

is there any linux version of terrastats available or at least a working Makefile to compile the source code for Linux ?

Thanks for your answers.

Pat
Mythos
Old 11-11-2005 , 16:17  

I posted this in the suggestions forum, but i thought i'd post it here, because I think this mod has the most promise for these features. Anyways, read and let me know what you think.

Back in old cs 1.6, there was a statsme that allowed you to view the top15. Within the top15, you could view not only kills and deaths, but the accuracy, head shots made, and efficiency of the leaders.. and I’m pretty sure these all played a factor on the skill of the player. Currently the closest thing I’ve seen to this, is terrastats.

Yes i know hlstats, and psychostats do the same thing.. however ALOT of us have servers hosted on servers that do not allow us to install such things. So it's really frustrating having mani's simple top10.

In addition to that top15, there was a most damage, and most kills shown for each round.

I think a lot of users would appreciate a mod like this, where we wouldn't have to download a huge mod, like mani, to get such ranks. So far i've only been able to download 3 mods in able to get this to work, and i'm still missing acuracy, hs, ect. Please someone make this!!!! There are more people out there then you think who can’t get hlstats / psychostats to work!
CoolPeter
Old 12-05-2005 , 08:20  

i compiled the source on my linux server, but i didn't test it...
Attached Files
File Type: zip serverplugin_terrastats_i486.zip (299.1 KB, 73 views)