Advanced EventScripts Example: King of the Hill

Post New Thread Reply   

Mattie
Veteran Member
Old 04-16-2005 , 18:47  
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugMeNotDummy
Is there a way to make it select a new king if the king leaves, because that is the problem.
Yes, there is a way.

;)

Well, theoretically it's supposed to handle player disconnect by resetting the king stuff. You could change this to do the typical kingfirst thing such that when a player joins a team, they become the new king. It won't select one right away, but it will eventually.

Otherwise, selecting a new king at random on a player disconnect is more annoying. You could cleverly store the last person to join the game and automatically make them king. I don't have the cycles right now to code this for you, but it should be possible if you had the time.

-Mattie
nuno12345
Old 07-07-2005 , 07:05  
Reply With Quote #12

mattie you can give extra health with the nm_health command i think
i put that on my server.cfg but it tells in the server console
unableto find any living players that containg the name Dark-Soul
Dark-Soul is my nick and when that tells im alive.
i think that error happends because the command is in server.cfg if you can change him to the round_start.cfg for example i think it will work
angryman
Old 07-29-2005 , 13:42  
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBabyJesus
sounds awesome, but is there a way to maybe give the person who is the king like extra health?
No command for that, yet. But you can give them other benefits like playing certain sounds when they get kills, etc. That's not too hard to work into it.

I'll consider adding health/money commands since those exist in all my other plugins but ES.
Has there been any progress on adding a cash award for killing the King. Everone on my server would love to see that. Gives you some insentive to Kill the King.
Mattie
Veteran Member
Old 07-29-2005 , 14:16  
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBabyJesus
sounds awesome, but is there a way to maybe give the person who is the king like extra health?
No command for that, yet. But you can give them other benefits like playing certain sounds when they get kills, etc. That's not too hard to work into it.

I'll consider adding health/money commands since those exist in all my other plugins but ES.
Has there been any progress on adding a cash award for killing the King. Everone on my server would love to see that. Gives you some insentive to Kill the King.
Actually, this is a good idea and pretty easy. To help me remember, you can post this over in my new forums and I'll try to remember to make the change this weekend.

-Mattie