Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

amx_lights

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:   Fun Stuff        Approver:   devicenull (200)
Rattler
Old 07-05-2004 , 14:34   amx_lights
Reply With Quote #1

This plugin allow admins with ADMIN_CVAR access to change the enviromental lighting.

Quote:
amx_lights < a through z >
"a" being pitch black
"z" full brightness

Quote:
amx_lights off
"off" returns lighting to normal

*Requires "ENGINE"*

Quote:
Updated: 12-04-2005

Fixed Bug
- New players connecting could not see the Ambient Light Changed

New Feature
- Light Changes continue to take effect until "amx_lights off" is passed.
If you don't want this to happen, add "amx_lights off" to your amxx.cfg file.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (amx_lights.sma - 12271 views - 1.6 KB)
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 07-05-2004 , 14:39  
Reply With Quote #2

does it save across map changes or one map only?
Veteran Member
Old 07-05-2004 , 14:58  
Reply With Quote #3

is this strange to anyone... or have i seen this in amxx before? i no |2ob made one that changes the light comparred to the time of the server... but im guessing this was already ported... i think...
Veteran Member
Old 07-05-2004 , 16:32  
Reply With Quote #4

The only thing is this has been done by Vexd already in his Vexd module, and also this isn't very different from the numeric plugin you posted the link to.
Rattler
Old 07-05-2004 , 21:04  
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin
does it save across map changes or one map only?
No, all it does is change the enviromental light level, returning to normal if "off" is passed or a mapchange occurs. Should I add it in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnzy
is this strange to anyone... or have i seen this in amxx before? i no |2ob made one that changes the light comparred to the time of the server... but im guessing this was already ported... i think...
This one does not change the light level depending on the server time. There was one for AMX but I just couldn't find it. Nor could I find one that uses AlphaNums like the AMX version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown1
The only thing is this has been done by Vexd already in his Vexd module, and also this isn't very different from the numeric plugin you posted the link to.
Ok, I am new to AMXX and don't know who Vexd is aside from what I've read regarding Vexd's Utlities for AMX that I believe AMXx is engine.inc. Should I just stop developing this one? I figured this would be a simple enough job for learning SMALL and I wanted one for our server. Also, I could modify it depending on the comments received.

I suppose they have to be somewhat similar if they're doing pretty much the same job. A difference is that in the numeric version you can't really change Set_Lights to "#OFF" and this one you just have to pass "off". Also, I am accostumed already to passing the letters off as levels. I didn't post this to put down or compete against DanRazor. I just don't like "Hello Worlds".
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 07-05-2004 , 21:59  
Reply With Quote #6

no its a good thing it chnages at map hange if anyone wants it over multiple maps they can just put the cvar in their amxx.cfg. and I think its a good plugin so no dont stop developing keep up the good work.
Veteran Member
Old 07-05-2004 , 22:29  
Reply With Quote #7

Yes, I made the one that changed according to time for AMX, but people have ported it already, so there's no point in doing it again, .

But kingpin is right, if people want the same lighting they can put it in their cfg file
Rattler
Old 07-06-2004 , 00:24  
Reply With Quote #8

Thanx guys for the encouragement. I was thinking of adding cvars for amxx.cfg or maybe a save command to save for individual maps if wanted. Now i get to learn file access. Sorry for the run-on line but i'm posting from my cell phone and i have no carriage return.
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 07-06-2004 , 01:07  
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
Thanx guys for the encouragement. I was thinking of adding cvars for amxx.cfg or maybe a save command to save for individual maps if wanted. Now i get to learn file access. Sorry for the run-on line but i'm posting from my cell phone and i have no carriage return.
Skip learning file access and learn vault access instead .
Rattler
Old 07-06-2004 , 02:03  
Reply With Quote #10

Not a bad idea