this exploit doesn't
work, so this plugin isn't necessary
Resets the button progress bar when the activator distance exceeds the maximum allowed. (96, defined by the player_use_radius
More useful for versus servers.
Exploit often done in the first chapter of L4D2 Sacrifice (c7m1_docks), which gives the activator some advantage as the survivor position is harder to be hit.
Steps to Reproduce
A configuration file named "l4d2_timedbutton_dist_fix.cfg
" will automatically be created for you upon the first run in the "\cfg\sourcemod\
Related Game Cvars
// Enable/Disable the plugin.
// 0 = Disable, 1 = Enable.
// Default: "1"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
// Maximum: "1.000000"
- player_use_radius => Maximum radius for a player to be able to trigger the "USE" functions. (default: 96)
- sm_print_cvars_l4d2_timedbutton_dist_fix => Print the plugin related cvars and their respective values to the console. (z flag required)
- The radius check still isn't 100% accurate according to the game core logic, because it does several checks, but is better than vanilla behavior. (search for: CBasePlayer::FindUseEntity())
- Shao - for reporting a bug where the plugin wasn't working with non-solid buttons.
- Any feedback, bug reports, fixes, improvements, translations or suggestions for the plugin are welcome.
- Put the "l4d2_timedbutton_dist_fix.smx" file (click Get Plugin) in your "\addons\sourcemod\plugins\" folder.