Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Amxx Parachute with customizable autorip for bots/humans. Updated: April 23rd 2023

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:   Fun Stuff       
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 08-20-2022 , 03:33   Amxx Parachute with customizable autorip for bots/humans. Updated: April 23rd 2023
Reply With Quote #1

Script was originally Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL) from jtp10181.

The original AMX version source.

Looking for the 'simple' parachute? Here is the core. It has been updated a few times since this iteration. Post comments as needed.

Missile Plugin that shoots down these annoying parachutes.

This script comes with 3 parachutes. 1 for admin, camouflage, the common weee! parachute for standard players and the evil wings for bots. The parachutes as Cstrike aims at realism can be shot down. When shot down they make a scary and realistic wind sound.

What's new in 1.4?
If installed eagerly without the model it used to crash the server! Instead logs: [amx_parachute.amxx] Your parachute model is not correct!

What's new in 1.5?
Amx_parachute includes a cvar, parachute_autoadmin:
Automatically deploys the parachute when in free fall to:
  • Nobody...0.
  • Admins...1.
  • All...........2.

Also, parachute_autorip, a cvar that sets how long to wait before deploying.

What's new in 1.6?
Parachute can be destroyed by attacking/aiming for backpack. It makes a shatter sound. User loses parachute putting them in a dangerous free-fall with eerie wind sound.

What's new in 1.7?
3 models. 1 for bots(wings), 1 for admins(camo), and the standard(wee) for regular users. Attempt stability improvements.

What's new in 1.8?
Update wind sound, add debugging cvar that prints client's fall velocity if an admin and prints to server console the breakable parachute effect sequence only then instead of all the time. Miscellaneous code optimizations.

What's new in 1.8.4?
When fallspeed passes number players sets in console, the chute opens. Reverted back to using the various chute models when exploding destroyed chute instead of only glass. That might be temporary or make a CVAR for admin to pick glass or the models. I like the glass shard sounds. Also seeing the wings fall on their own in random pattern is amusing.

Code:
setinfo "auto_rip" "2500"
parachute.mdl.zip sha256sum
Code:
dd246049879a6cf19d776ae17ae485349eee88aa63dd54c94e80b192e31fc194

New CVAR to set HP of parachute, parachute_health when parachute_safemode is 0.
amx_parachute.sma

Tested this on AMXX 1.82, 1.90, and 1.10. St_bessjump parachute_autorip can be 3250 with sv_maxvelocity over 3500.

Install note.
Condition Zero. For it to work on their bots use ham bots and be sure to define CZERO, line 6, when compiling locally.

UNSUPPORTED:
Zbots / Cs bots enabled. Reason: They crash Counter-Strike without any other metamods running rapidly.
Attached Files
File Type: zip parachute.mdl.zip (408.5 KB, 164 views)
File Type: 7z erriewind.7z (68.2 KB, 202 views)

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 04-25-2023 at 15:52. Reason: Players can set their own rip instead of rely on server CVAR. (Optimize for Missiles.)
CryWolf
Veteran Member
Old 08-22-2022 , 02:31   Re: Amxx Parachute with autorip for bots
Reply With Quote #2

Nice , thank you, btw whats with that typed font ?
Send a message via MSN to CryWolf Send a message via Yahoo to CryWolf
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 08-25-2022 , 10:26   Re: Amxx Parachute with autorip for bots
Reply With Quote #3

@CryWolf - thank you for the comments. Which font are you referring to, the parachute font or forum? If it was the chute, that was inherited. If you mean the forum, it was defaulting.
Old 10-01-2022 , 16:27   Re: Amxx Parachute with autorip for bots
Reply With Quote #4

Could be nice with a /parachute menu for camera, fall speed
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 10-03-2022 , 09:51   Re: Amxx Parachute with autorip for bots
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HundredEyes View Post
Could be nice with a /parachute menu for camera, fall speed
Tossing cameras with parachute menu?
Old 04-12-2023 , 10:22   Re: Amxx Parachute with autorip for bots. Updated: April 11th 2023
Reply With Quote #6

I'm looking for a parachute that works for regamedll bots (zbots), but this one doesn't work with them.
Can anyone help ?
Veteran Member
Old 04-12-2023 , 18:05   Re: Amxx Parachute with autorip for bots. Updated: April 11th 2023
Reply With Quote #7

CS Bot Enabler/ Zbot crashes standalone on Metamod without Amxx when there are multiple bots on stock maps instantly at times. So unfortunately this is outside Amxx scope and was answered in 2005. There's a reason it is disabled stock.

Code:
[META] WARNING: Plugin didn't set meta_result: csbot_enabler_mm_i386.so:ServerActivate()meta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus Long View Post
B-v-G:

Not exaxtly a AMX Mod X related question, but the main problem is that zBot for CS is a illegal hack. It's a ripoff from CS:CZ,...
Anything that gives thanks to Botman should work fine. Best of luck.
Old 04-12-2023 , 20:07   Re: Amxx Parachute with autorip for bots. Updated: April 11th 2023
Reply With Quote #8

I have a crash when changing map, but only if I try to parachute the bots from regamedll. I found a parachute here on the site that works with these bots, but it doesn't have a model and still crashes when changing maps. If I try with another version of metamod can I have success what do you think. Do you have any knowledge on this matter?
Veteran Member
Old 04-13-2023 , 08:03   Re: Amxx Parachute with autorip for bots. Updated: April 13th 2023
Reply With Quote #9

Again; said metamod plugin and anything like it that enables CS built-in bots, that were made for CZ not CS, crashes without Amxx running. This cannot be solved via Metamod version shuffling.

Today I updated script so each player can type in their own ripcord setting instead of rely on server CVAR.
Old 04-13-2023 , 18:45   Re: Amxx Parachute with autorip for bots. Updated: April 13th 2023
Reply With Quote #10

I don't quite understand the plugin, I leave the E pressed down and the parachute doesn't open, neither is jumping from high places, I die without the parachute making the attempt hahaha
(New version of Back Weapons v1.87)

Last edited by SoulWeaver16; 04-13-2023 at 18:46.