8% 

SetViewEntityBody 2

Post New Thread Reply   

1xAero
Old 08-09-2022 , 00:48   Re: SetViewEntityBody 2
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulWeaver16 View Post
Is there a way to use skins instead of submodels?
I think no. At least i've not found way to do that with v_ models, but for player models it's pev_skin
SoulWeaver16
Old 08-09-2022 , 01:21   Re: SetViewEntityBody 2
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xAero View Post
I think no. At least i've not found way to do that with v_ models, but for player models it's pev_skin
At some point it will be possible
(New version of Back Weapons v1.87)

1xAero
Old 08-09-2022 , 08:10   Re: SetViewEntityBody 2
Reply With Quote #33

Draw animation bug fixed (no idle on swap anymore)
Fixed usp/m4a1 attachments bug
Fixed crash on death
Fixed spec obs for silenced/unsilenced weapons (usp/m4a1)

Last edited by 1xAero; 08-13-2022 at 08:04.
bibu
Veteran Member
Old 08-22-2022 , 09:17   Re: SetViewEntityBody 2
Reply With Quote #34

It's very cool to see, that you took over this plugin and that you're active. I haven't figured myself any errors (apart from crash on death) until your last version. However I do have some things, which I would like to share. I have edited your plugin to make it work for a requested plugin: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=338882

1) Your submitted plugin should be more provided as an API. With that, everyone will be able to work with it. That's the reason why I had to edit your plugin.

2) Please check the adjustments I made to your plugin. You can use a code comparison reader and check it for youself. I did following changes and a few would need to be adjusted:
- Removed the sex option, since there is no use in my opinion.
- A few defines should be used as constants, so there is no double-allocating in memory.
- I added CZ support. Bullet decals were showing wrong there.
- I added shield support.
- I commented a few unused params in hooked forwards. I don't know if this optimized code performance.
- I changed the messages in spectator mode to unreliable channel. Maybe even the players channel should be changed to that.

So far I only noticed, that the burst sound from glock/famas sounds different than in original. But overall very good work!!
SoulWeaver16
Old 08-22-2022 , 09:42   Re: SetViewEntityBody 2
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibu View Post
It's very cool to see, that you took over this plugin and that you're active. I haven't figured myself any errors (apart from crash on death) until your last version. However I do have some things, which I would like to share. I have edited your plugin to make it work for a requested plugin: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=338882

1) Your submitted plugin should be more provided as an API. With that, everyone will be able to work with it. That's the reason why I had to edit your plugin.

2) Please check the adjustments I made to your plugin. You can use a code comparison reader and check it for youself. I did following changes and a few would need to be adjusted:
- Removed the sex option, since there is no use in my opinion.
- A few defines should be used as constants, so there is no double-allocating in memory.
- I added CZ support. Bullet decals were showing wrong there.
- I added shield support.
- I commented a few unused params in hooked forwards. I don't know if this optimized code performance.
- I changed the messages in spectator mode to unreliable channel. Maybe even the players channel should be changed to that.

So far I only noticed, that the burst sound from glock/famas sounds different than in original. But overall very good work!!
I think it sounds different because it uses 3 consecutive single shots instead of using its Burst mode sound, but in my opinion the animation is the one that usually looks weird, more than the sound.
(New version of Back Weapons v1.87)