Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 000 View Post
Description:
Plays music to everyone during warmup.

Requested here:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=338176

Configuration:
Plugin will generate file in cfg/sourcemod.

Code:

// Sound file path (without 'sound/') of your mp3 file.
// -
// Default: ""
sm_warmup_music "warmup/music.mp3" // Example. 

// Delay for when to play music in case you use plugins which play sound when you joined and because we need a delay nevertheless.
// Also: Delay should be a minumum of 5.0
// -
// Default: "5.0"
sm_warm_music_delay "5.0"
Hey man!

Well, the plugin sort of worked hahaha

It worked for me just after I started the map - the whole song was played succesfully. But when I changed the map to another one, it didn't play the song again. Any ideas?

Also, I'd like to understand if the song volume has any relation with CSGO's volume control (img below):

In order to make an "ambient" sound for the warmup, I've edited the mp3 file to 0.15% volume, but for some players the song was really loud and for some they barely could hear.

I really appreciate this plugin man, well done! Hope this questions above could help you to improve it. Count on me to test any new updates!
Old 07-27-2022 , 13:21   Re: [CS:GO] Warmup Music
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigolaka View Post
Hey man!

Well, the plugin sort of worked hahaha

It worked for me just after I started the map - the whole song was played succesfully. But when I changed the map to another one, it didn't play the song again. Any ideas?

Also, I'd like to understand if the song volume has any relation with CSGO's volume control (img below):

In order to make an "ambient" sound for the warmup, I've edited the mp3 file to 0.15% volume, but for some players the song was really loud and for some they barely could hear.

I really appreciate this plugin man, well done! Hope this questions above could help you to improve it. Count on me to test any new updates!
1. Volume is controlled via the clients volume.
-> Will look if I can do something there.

2. When I tested offline it did what it should, it always played the music.
-> Will look into it, it is abad method anyway.

I will use the weekend to look into it.

Last edited by 000; 07-27-2022 at 13:24.
rodrigolaka
Old 08-03-2022 , 15:25   Re: [CS:GO] Warmup Music
Reply With Quote #13

hey man!

Quote:
1. Volume is controlled via the clients volume.
-> Will look if I can do something there.
Nice work with the volume command! Just a feedback: everytime I change the volume, the music starts from the beginning again. Is there a way to update the volume without reseting the music time?

Quote:
2. When I tested offline it did what it should, it always played the music.
-> Will look into it, it is abad method anyway.
I found out what is going on. I use the "versatile BFG Warmod" to organize my matches. When the server starts, without players any players associeted to teams, the warmup is already running. When the first player enters a team, the warmup kinda of "reload".

So, if a enter a map as an spectator, the music runs fine. When I choose a team, the music stops.

Maybe a "startwm" command would solve.

-------------------------------------------------------

There's a few suggestions for future updates:

The command !stopwm:
The same command to stop the music, could be a "toggle" of music on / music off. So if I run this command and the music is running, it stops (as it is today). If i run it again, therefore the music is stopped, the command would run again the music (maybe a new music if i'm using the random config - awesome by the way.
New command (next song)
plays another music of the random mode;
New config: (volume preference)
save locally the volume preference, so the user doesn't have to change it everytime.
UI (panel) for volume
maybe we could have a panel where users can select volumes or use a manual decimal number. for example, when I use the "!wmvol" it could open a panel with volumes like 1. 10%, 2. 20%, 3. 50%, 4. 100%, 5. custom (input) (then the users select his preference, or click 5 to input a custom volume (to have some example, we have the kento mvp plugin, which have a similar panel)
UI (panel) for music selector
could have a few commands (stop, start again, the next song and set volumes)
UI (panel) for selecting the music
the same list that is in random mode could be showed for the player to select a specific one, or keep on the random mode - again, the kento mvp plugin has something like this
-------------------------------------------------------

Sorry not to help coding, i'm not a developer, though i'm trying to test and give a feedback to improve it
Old 08-04-2022 , 07:02   Re: [CS:GO] Warmup Music
Reply With Quote #14

Hi.

Soon will do.

I need a little break of the computer.
Old 08-21-2022 , 14:44   Re: [CS:GO] Warmup Music
Reply With Quote #15

Updated to v1.3.

Quote:
Nice work with the volume command! Just a feedback: everytime I change the volume, the music starts from the beginning again. Is there a way to update the volume without reseting the music time?
There is no function included with SourceMod which can do that.

I don't know how to do it otherwise.

Last edited by 000; 09-07-2022 at 01:16. Reason: There is no strike BBCode available, so deleted text.