Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D & L4D2] Prototype Grenades (1.46) [22-Nov-2023]

Post New Thread Reply   

NoroHime
Veteran Member
Old 02-02-2022 , 04:51   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Prototype Grenades (1.42) [29-Oct-2021]
Reply With Quote #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticLight View Post
Sorry for the newb question, since I'm not a coder and whatnot, but how can I enable certain grenades, only?
In l4d_grenades.cfg, I know I can make it so that one type of grenade can be activated (or all of them by putting 1048575), but I'd like to be able to select specific grenades only (example being Bomb, Chemical, Flashbang, alongside Stock).
So far, it seems I've only been able to enable either one of them or all of them?
that digits is binary mask, you dont need how works, 1048575 mean enable all, want disable 1024 just use 1047551 (1048575-1024)
Old 02-02-2022 , 05:09   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Prototype Grenades (1.42) [29-Oct-2021]
Reply With Quote #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadabraZz View Post
-
Code:
1.43 (02-Feb-2022)
    - Fixed the "Medic" type not following the "targets" data settings. Thanks to "NoroHime" for reporting.
    - Fixed being able to select the "Airstrike" grenade type if disabled when using M2 to change types. Thanks to "KadabraZz" for reporting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticLight View Post
Sorry for the newb question, since I'm not a coder and whatnot, but how can I enable certain grenades, only?
In l4d_grenades.cfg, I know I can make it so that one type of grenade can be activated (or all of them by putting 1048575), but I'd like to be able to select specific grenades only (example being Bomb, Chemical, Flashbang, alongside Stock).
So far, it seems I've only been able to enable either one of them or all of them?
You add the numbers together, where it says "1=Bomb, 2=Cluster, 4=Firework" for example "5" would be Bomb and Firework excluding all the others.

Last edited by Silvers; 02-02-2022 at 08:26.
Wizards
Old 02-21-2022 , 11:24   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Prototype Grenades (1.43) [02-Feb-2022]
Reply With Quote #183

Excuse me, Could anyone help me this error "CUtlLinkedList overflow! (exhausted index range)".
This error appeared when I was playing the last map of Dark Canival chapter. Some type of Grenades was explode immediate (at the place that i stood, maybe on the stage) while i just threw them (they haven't even hit the ground yet).
And when i try to throw some other grenade, then error appears like the picture attached. many things is disapear
How can i fix that?
p.s: sorry my bad english
Attached Images
File Type: jpg afv.jpg (85.1 KB, 125 views)

Last edited by Wizards; 02-21-2022 at 11:29.
sonic155
Old 04-12-2022 , 02:01   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Prototype Grenades (1.43) [02-Feb-2022]
Reply With Quote #184

the { Auto Machine }from this ~ https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...316070&page=16 ~ [Skills-V2.3.zip ] offen blocks players from shooting there guns and if used with ~ https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2668632 ~ [Prototype Grenades] if the grenade has trigger on hit then the Machine blocks it and forces it to fall to the floor at the player's feet the hit box of the Machine stops the throw
on another note the hitbox is being mistaken by tanks as they try to climb the Machine if said Machine is on the player
thewintersoldier97
Old 04-26-2022 , 06:18   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Prototype Grenades (1.43) [02-Feb-2022]
Reply With Quote #185

Can I somehow config this so players get a random type (in the set of pre-determine one) every time they pick up a grenade without the need to manually choose it through command and menu?

Looking for some fun!
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 04-26-2022 , 06:19   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Prototype Grenades (1.43) [02-Feb-2022]
Reply With Quote #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizards View Post
Excuse me, Could anyone help me this error "CUtlLinkedList overflow! (exhausted index range)".
This error appeared when I was playing the last map of Dark Canival chapter. Some type of Grenades was explode immediate (at the place that i stood, maybe on the stage) while i just threw them (they haven't even hit the ground yet).
And when i try to throw some other grenade, then error appears like the picture attached. many things is disapear
How can i fix that?
p.s: sorry my bad english
Do you know which grenade caused this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic155 View Post
the { Auto Machine }from this ~ https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...316070&page=16 ~ [Skills-V2.3.zip ] offen blocks players from shooting there guns and if used with ~ https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2668632 ~ [Prototype Grenades] if the grenade has trigger on hit then the Machine blocks it and forces it to fall to the floor at the player's feet the hit box of the Machine stops the throw
on another note the hitbox is being mistaken by tanks as they try to climb the Machine if said Machine is on the player
Fix must come from the other plugin since this happens with stock grenades also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewintersoldier97 View Post
Can I somehow config this so players get a random type (in the set of pre-determine one) every time they pick up a grenade without the need to manually choose it through command and menu?
Yes, see the "preferences" keyvalue in the data config.

Last edited by Silvers; 04-26-2022 at 06:20.
NoroHime
Veteran Member
Old 04-26-2022 , 07:28   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Prototype Grenades (1.43) [02-Feb-2022]
Reply With Quote #187

i was encounter this problem, many map model is gone, usually happen when i throw to corner, i guess it is 32768=Fire Cluster
Old 04-28-2022 , 09:27   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Prototype Grenades (1.43) [02-Feb-2022]
Reply With Quote #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Yes, see the "preferences" keyvalue in the data config.
Thank Silvers, it worked great!
Btw, could you also add an option to display the [Grenade Type] message in hint box beside chat box?

Looking for some fun!

Last edited by thewintersoldier97; 04-28-2022 at 09:28.
weakestL4D2enjoyer
Old 06-10-2022 , 14:49   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Prototype Grenades (1.43) [02-Feb-2022]
Reply With Quote #189

Hello Silvers,
I play this in a few games.
Just some suggestions and opinions as a player,

Molotov-Smoke
Suggestion: Perhaps makes CI could not reach survivors inside the smoke, just like when a survivor stands on a glitch point.

PipeBomb-Black Hole will always pull the CI in the same direction as its first time in the Black Hole. This ends up pushing them outside of the Black Hole. If damage_tick was set to a small value, the survivor will be sent flying as result. This both feels weird.

PipeBomb-Glow
Suggestion: Infected being lit up will take bonus percentage damage.

VomitJar-Chemical has a similar effect to Molotov.
Suggestion: Adding a slow-down effect on whoever steps on it.

VomitJar-Freezer
Suggestion: Add a value to cfg, let us adjust how long will be freeze in one single hit.

Also, I suggest adding an adrenaline bomb, every survivor will gain adrenaline effect inside and keep it for a short period of time when getting out.

Last edited by weakestL4D2enjoyer; 06-10-2022 at 14:52.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 06-10-2022 , 20:42   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Prototype Grenades (1.43) [02-Feb-2022]
Reply With Quote #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by weakestL4D2enjoyer View Post
Molotov-Smoke
Suggestion: Perhaps makes CI could not reach survivors inside the smoke, just like when a survivor stands on a glitch point.
Sounds good, maybe one day when I get time.

Quote:
PipeBomb-Black Hole will always pull the CI in the same direction as its first time in the Black Hole. This ends up pushing them outside of the Black Hole. If damage_tick was set to a small value, the survivor will be sent flying as result. This both feels weird.
That's just how the game works, Would require some SDKCalls or something to fix the game issue of constant stumbling in the same direction. I think there already exists a plugin to fix stumble direction on CI. I can change to only affect Survivors when they are on the ground.

Quote:
PipeBomb-Glow
Suggestion: Infected being lit up will take bonus percentage damage.
Done for next update.

Quote:
VomitJar-Chemical has a similar effect to Molotov.
Suggestion: Adding a slow-down effect on whoever steps on it.
Maybe one day, unlikely.

Quote:
VomitJar-Freezer
Suggestion: Add a value to cfg, let us adjust how long will be freeze in one single hit.
Done for next update.

Quote:
Also, I suggest adding an adrenaline bomb, every survivor will gain adrenaline effect inside and keep it for a short period of time when getting out.
Maybe one day.

Last edited by Silvers; 06-11-2022 at 00:22.