Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Solved CURL: Downloanding an page ?

Post New Thread Reply   

Craxor
Veteran Member
Old 04-25-2022 , 06:27   CURL: Downloanding an page ?
Reply With Quote #1

Hi , before answering this topic please don't write "search" i've already scraped the entire forum and google to look for CURL tutorials, and guess what? I found shit .

I'm trying to create a simple CURL plugin that downloands an GameTracker player page , but how to do that ? and what does download CURL ? I've read all internet and absolutly no one gives a simple idiotic answer at least .

my answer is clear: If i downloand with CURL , what the heck is actualy downloanding ? The http source code of the page or what ?

Even the examples on github of the CURL OP they not even work, gives me errors wich i don't undersntad :

Is there an way to retrieve data with CURL so i don't need to downloand the entire page , something like searching on web page keywords to retrieve output, please, again i reapeat don't tell me about tutorials on google, i've already readed them and i don't understand nothing, so theres is no point in telling me again that, i understand better when i'm actualy talking with people, thanks for patience and support .

Code:
//// atest.sma
//scripting\include\curl_consts.inc(497) : warning 200: symbol "CURLINFO_CONTENT_LENGTH_DOWNLOA" is truncated to 31 characters
//scripting\include\curl_consts.inc(1033) : warning 200: symbol "CURLOPT_CONV_FROM_NETWORK_FUNCT" is truncated to 31 characters
//scripting\include\curl_consts.inc(1037) : warning 200: symbol "CURLOPT_CONV_TO_NETWORK_FUNCTIO" is truncated to 31 characters
What the heck does they mean ? i just downloanded the curl, instaled and used the example from github with http_get .

Last edited by Craxor; 05-02-2022 at 02:50.
Send a message via ICQ to Craxor
DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 04-25-2022 , 07:34   Re: CURL: Downloanding an page ?
Reply With Quote #2

What you're trying to do with the gametracker api/ stats look up won't work with curl just cause it has its own captcha that will prevent the data from being read. You have a better chance this working on HL2 games then HL1 games.
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 04-25-2022 , 09:05   Re: CURL: Downloanding an page ?
Reply With Quote #3

I updated my VAC Ban Status plugin to use cURL if you want to take a look:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=84505
Old 04-25-2022 , 09:26   Re: CURL: Downloanding an page ?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
I updated my VAC Ban Status plugin to use cURL if you want to take a look:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=84505

I will, but can you please those questions bugsy please:

1. Will it work with gametracker too, or i'm wasting my time as Drgzor said ?
2. What does DOWNLOAD Curl? Is there a way to read directly keys[] from webcontent or i have to downonload something with Curl and then search using amxx functions if it downlonads html sources.
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 04-25-2022 , 16:38   Re: CURL: Downloanding an page ?
Reply With Quote #5

It depends if the server is equipped to handle the request for a specific data element. It can either respond with a HTML packet with your requested data element, or you request an entire file/page and read data off of it.

Get a packet sniffer, or maybe your browser supports showing the data for the HTTP request.
Old 04-25-2022 , 18:50   Re: CURL: Downloanding an page ?
Reply With Quote #6

cURL downloads whatever the server gives you based on your request (that's probably a gross simplification but in this context it's probably good enough). Generally, if you request a webpage, you'll get the same data that your browser would get (often colloquially called HTML).

From some basic searching online, it doesn't look like GameTracker has a public API for getting data from it but there was mention of a "feed" available for premium members. See this thread.

Also, I found some python code that appears to grab the HTML and seeks out the data in the HTML.

Last edited by fysiks; 04-27-2022 at 23:35.
Craxor
Veteran Member
Old 04-26-2022 , 15:47   Re: CURL: Downloanding an page ?
Reply With Quote #7

I think ill leave it , im to busy in real life and the.project seems to expensive, thanks everyone anyway:d
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 04-26-2022 , 23:35   Re: CURL: Downloanding an page ?
Reply With Quote #8

What page/data are you trying to retrieve? Ill see if I can get it to work
Old 04-26-2022 , 23:39   Re: CURL: Downloanding an page ?
Reply With Quote #9

Bugsy, im trying to retrieve All Time Stats from gametracker players page . Ive tried a lot of things, both HTTP and Curl and displaying with motd but no succes .

Random example: https://www.gametracker.com/player/f....255.68:27111/

Stats:
Code:
ALL TIME STATS
Score: 610785
Minutes Played: 13208
Score per Minute: 46.2
Rank on Server: #293 out of 26472
Edit: I also want to divide Minutes with 60 to get the actual hours and decrease rank numbers # -1 cuz i have a fakebot on server whos always there :p

Last edited by Craxor; 04-26-2022 at 23:46.
JocAnis
Veteran Member
Old 04-27-2022 , 05:15   Re: CURL: Downloanding an page ?
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruGzOG View Post
What you're trying to do with the gametracker api/ stats look up won't work with curl just cause it has its own captcha that will prevent the data from being read. You have a better chance this working on HL2 games then HL1 games.
Where is captcha on gametracker

My blog: http://primekz.xyz (in progress...) - not active (dec 2022)