Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

CS:GO FastDL not working

Post New Thread Reply   

paranani
Old 02-02-2022 , 22:05   CS:GO FastDL not working
Reply With Quote #1

Hello guys

I have a FastDL setup on my dedicated server. I can download all the maps using via url on web browser. But I can't do it inside csgo.

Specifically I can't download a 5Mb+ map. When I am connected to the server and start downloading maps, if the map filesize goes beyond approximately 5Mb(I tested it), the download would fail. The downloading progress would keep moving for a bit(like from 25% to 40%), then the download failed and disconnected. Those maps under 5Mb filesize can be downloaded tho.

So guys how can I fix this?
Ryan2
Old 02-02-2022 , 23:20   Re: CS:GO FastDL not working
Reply With Quote #2

Did you check console to see what error it outputs?
paranani
Old 02-03-2022 , 00:11   Re: CS:GO FastDL not working
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan2 View Post
Did you check console to see what error it outputs?
well it just said
''Downloading http://122.112.199.156/csgo/maps/kz_glassesospa_v1.bsp.
Error downloading http://122.112.199.156/csgo/maps/kz_glassesospa_v1.bsp''
no more information
paulo_crash
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-03-2022 , 06:39   Re: CS:GO FastDL not working
Reply With Quote #4

First of all let's zip (.bz2) the files of your FastDL this already helps a lot in the matter of downloading large files and with that the download is still faster.

On the issue of downloading large/heavy files, this is a limitation of CSGO itself. Add the command -maxdownloadfilesizemb 250 to your CSGO startup line and see if that solves the problem.

Last edited by paulo_crash; 02-03-2022 at 06:39.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 02-03-2022 , 19:00   Re: CS:GO FastDL not working
Reply With Quote #5

...upload host have 2Mbps upload speed.
If multiple people download same time, it takes more time to download.

Then, some maps not have *.nav file, if bots appear on server, even accidentally, server auto generate that missing nav file. This could take long time, after generating it change map or reload map.
- This maybe disconnect you.

Join in your server, then type in your own game console:
find download
find upload

Do you get same output info like this ?
Code:
] find download
"cl_allowdownload" = "1" archive                                                 - Client downloads customization files
"cl_debug_ugc_downloads" = "0"                                                  
"cl_download_demoplayer" = "1"                                                   - Determines whether downloads of external resources are allowed during demo playb
"cl_downloadfilter" = "all" archive                                              - Determines which files can be downloaded from the server (all, none, nosounds)
"cl_remove_old_ugc_downloads" = "1" client                                      
"csgo_download_match"  client clientcmd_can_execute                              - Downloads a match via serial code and starts playback
"ds_get_newest_subscribed_files"  game                                           - Re-reads web api auth key and subscribed file lists from disk and downloads the 
"sv_allowdownload" = "1"                                                         - Allow clients to download files
"sv_broadcast_ugc_download_progress_interval" = "8" game                        
"sv_broadcast_ugc_downloads" = "0" game                                         
"sv_debug_ugc_downloads" = "0" game                                             
"sv_downloadurl" = "http:// *IP address* /csgo/" ( def. "" ) replicated         - Location from which clients can download missing files
"sv_remove_old_ugc_downloads" = "1" game                                        
] find upload
"bugreporter_uploadasync" = "0" archive                                          - Upload attachments asynchronously
"cl_allowupload" = "1" archive                                                   - Client uploads customization files
"sv_allowupload" = "0"                                                           - Allow clients to upload customizations files
Because I tested and it worked well. Slow, but worked.

Also, take a look, do you have downloaded maps in your game maps folder.
Antivirus programs could block/delete files, if you have one.

Last edited by Bacardi; 02-03-2022 at 19:03.